PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Universe Announced for Xbox360!

Tomeeboy
Apr 19, 2006, 01:51 PM
Sega of America and Sega Europe announced today that Phantasy Star Universe will be coming out for the Xbox 360 gaming console, with support for Xbox Live online play. The release is scheduled for Fall of 2006. So far, there is no word as to whether or not Xbox 360 players on Xbox Live will be able to interact with the PS2 and PC players, but we'll try to find out more info. In the meantime, enjoy the great news Xbox 360 owners! Here's the full press release: SEGA ANNOUNCES PHANTASY STAR UNIVERSE COMING TO XBOX 360 CONSOLE
SEGA's Epic RPG Franchise Supports Xbox Live
SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON (April 19, 2006) - SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced that Phantasy Star™ Universe will be available on the Xbox 360™. Scheduled for release in Fall 2006, the highly-anticipated role playing game (RPG) will release on multiple platforms including the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and PC. Phantasy Star Universe offers two complete RPG experiences - a single-player action adventure spanning multiple planets, and a robust online multiplayer component that will support Xbox Live®.
Since its humble beginnings in 1988, Phantasy Star has revolutionized the RPG genre by creating new standards through innovative gameplay and online capability. Phantasy Star Universe offers a compelling story, both offline and online, that rebuilds the foundation of role-playing games with stunning cut scenes, sharply drawn personalities, and a cohesive narrative. This game revitalizes the Phantasy Star brand heritage while staying true to its roots.
"The reinvigoration of this beloved franchise on the Xbox 360 signifies another step for SEGA towards next-gen leadership," said Scott A. Steinberg, Vice President of Entertainment Marketing, SEGA of America, Inc. "Phantasy Star has a rich history, and now with Phantasy Star Universe in support of the Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, gamers can enjoy a fantasy role-playing experience of unprecedented depth both online with their friends, and offline in the robust single-player game."
Developed by SEGA Studios, Phantasy Star Universe offers long-time fans the single-player experience they have been clamoring for. The solo adventure features more than 40 hours of gameplay, an emotionally engaging story, stunning cut scenes, and a strong cast of characters with very distinctive personalities. The title's hero is Ethan Waber, a 17-year old cadet who begins his epic journey by first rescuing his sister at the GUARDIANS, a colony under siege by mysterious life forms known as THE SEED.
In Online Mode, players are given the opportunity to create their own characters from a range of races, as they explore all three planets in the Gurhal system. Fans can travel with their friends as a squad of six adventurers, enter urban sprawls teeming with hundreds of other players, and build their avatars into powerful warriors.
Phantasy Star Universe will offer a rich and constantly evolving world that will provide months of entertainment to fans of the series and RPG enthusiasts. The game is slated to ship in Fall 2006.
Key Product Features: Epic Story: Phantasy Star Universe offers a suspenseful single player adventure that fans have been clamoring for. Phantasy Star Brand Heritage: Since 1988, the franchise has evolved, and produced seven series to date - building itself as one of the most well established RPG franchises. Real-time battles where players choose their own strategies: Choose from over 200 weapon variations in over 20 weapon categories for melee, technique, or ranged-type combat. Players can also select numerous Photon Arts to defeat enemies. World Class Score: Soundtrack produced by premier orchestras and vocals from Poland, Hollywood, and New York. Online Gameplay: Offering the Best of Both Worlds Multiplayer: Create a squad of up to six players to explore the universe and conquer quests. Endless gameplay: In addition to over 40 hours of offline gameplay, gamers can spend endless hours online customizing characters, searching for rare items, leveling up, and joining friends for exhilarating new quests. Variety in transportation: Player-controlled vehicles offer a new type of gameplay for the Phantasy Star franchise. Character Customization: Go beyond standard customization for your character with precise measurements, an endless color palette, and outlandish outfits. Massive enemies: Over 70 unique enemy species, totaling over 220 enemy variations.
Thanks to Nash ("user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Nash" ), Foxfire15 ("user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Foxfire15" ), Majiteque ("user.php?op=userinfo&uname=Majiteque" ) for finding this story. You can discuss this in the ongoing thread (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=110950&forum=20) in the Phantasy Star Universe forum.

sprky585
Apr 19, 2006, 04:38 PM
holy hell, my life got 10x better, that really was money well spent on the 360 (light shines down from heaven) ahhhh

kyori
Apr 19, 2006, 05:24 PM
That fall 2006 date.. is that hogwash? It's still TBA for Japan last time I checked on PS2/PC.

Lux
Apr 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
I swear, I stop drinking alcohol from now on! I SWEAR!

I'm halucinating.. guess I went one step too far..

Rubesahl
Apr 19, 2006, 08:26 PM
That's great news, more ppl on PSU wohoo~

Anyways with the PSU Beta underway, I'd say PSU will be released latest by June or beginning July, so it makes sense if its announced for Fall in the US ^^

Apr 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
Most Xbox 360 units have a very loud DVD Drive/Fans, not all but over 60-70 percent of them

Unless i can install this on my HDD then no thanks, il stick with the PC version

because ild rather not have it sound like an aircraft is taking off in my room whilst i try and relax and play

still its good knows for the minority that have silent 360s lol

Apr 20, 2006, 02:57 AM
Wow talk about exaggerating. If you have the TV on low/medium volume then you can barely notice the 360 lol

Apr 20, 2006, 07:43 AM
YES!!!! Oh God YES!!!!!

Foxfire15
Apr 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
Haha, whad do you mean loud? My PC has 8 different fans (including the CPU fan) and It's not that loud. If your Xbox is louder than my PC, there may be something wrong with it, because I can never hear the drives over the fans, and I can sleep with my PC on easily

Apr 20, 2006, 11:24 AM
Wow....i wonder what system to buy PSU on? PS2, Xbox360 or PC?

Apr 20, 2006, 02:28 PM
Now we just need to wait for a nintendo release!........

oh wait, I forgot that wont ever happen...oh well, they had a good run, right?

ghost_zero
Apr 20, 2006, 03:01 PM
One question:

What about Offline-Multiplayer-Mode for Phantasy Star Universe for XBox360...?

I mean the PS2 doesn't get it because of too less power BUT the XBox360 should have more then enough poewr for this...?

Apr 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
er no...

the 360 is louder then the average pc, its a pain in the frickin ass... a LOT of people have complained about this

if you like a plane taking off in your room sound when playing then enjoy your 360

you proberly have one of few rare quiet units lol

DragonStorm
Apr 20, 2006, 11:24 PM
hey it will happen dont put nintendo down..once they release their system then they must put it for revolution or what ever they call it. because come on now...it was nintendo and x-box and will always be like that. dont ruin my hopes lol

Apr 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
I'm glad it's coming to the 360.I'd count on it for the Rev & PS3 as well.I only want to know if this will be like PSO where each game has it's own servers?If so,will microsoft US screw us again & almost never update content?Will Sega actualy watch for cheating & insta-ban the cheaters? Or will they let them dupe hundreds of items before they do it & it's to late to matter?I left EP4 for this crap.

Apr 22, 2006, 12:05 PM
It'll be the same as PSO. No matter if it's on Xbox or PC. Ill wait until private servers come up before I ever play this game. Sega has done nothing to change my mind that this one will have just as bad support as any of the others... Have fun being pked and FSOD'd from 10 year olds like optimus prime and bones. You have no choice but to take it from them and pay sega for it at the same time! Can't you already hear the sound of FSODING coming from ur xbox360!??!! BEEEEEeeeerrreeeeeEEEEErrrrEeeeeererrRRREErr

Apr 22, 2006, 02:35 PM
And this kid, was both optimus prime and bones.

Apr 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
Hehe, would it be pay2play or free online? Would like to see a double whammy again for the Xboxers.

Apr 22, 2006, 03:39 PM
Most likely it'll be like Final Fantasy XI on the 360. To play you'll be required to have a Silver LIVE account, which is free, but you'll have to pay for the hunter's license still. Helluva lot better than PSO on PC which required to pay for both LIVE and the license.

Apr 22, 2006, 03:40 PM
Sorry, me again, on the last sentence I mean Xbox not PC. :P

Endall
Apr 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
PSO in HD, this is going to be amazing.

Apr 23, 2006, 04:46 PM
And your better dont forget that!!