PDA

View Full Version : Article: Site Update and Screenshot Contest

Ryna
Jul 23, 2006, 09:38 AM
The Soundtrack Information:
<div align="left">Rita Harvey (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/" >official Phantasy Star Universe website</a> received a major site redesign on Friday. Almost every portion of the site has been redone with new graphics and slightly updated information. Given the radical overhaul of the site, this news article will focus on the new information that was revealed in the latest site update.

<div align="center) will be performing a song for the game's soundtrack. She most recently performed in the Broadway musical Fiddler on the Roof. Also, the <a href="http://www.philippesaisse.com/">Philippe Saisse Acoustique Trio will be lending their support. They are a jazz group comprised of Philippe Saisse (a multi-instrumentalist, vocalist, song-writer, etc.), David Finck on bass and Scooter Warner on drums.</div>
PC System Recommendations:
<table align="center" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="500"> <tbody> <tr> <td align="center" width="150"></td> <td align="center" width="161">Required</td> <td align="center" width="161">Recommended</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">
Operating System</td> <td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center" width="161">Windows 2000 with SP4
Windows XP with SP2</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">CPU</td> <td align="center" width="161">Pentium 4 1.6 GHz</td> <td align="center" width="161">Pentium 4 2.6 GHz</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">RAM</td> <td align="center" width="161">256 MB</td> <td align="center" width="161">512 MB</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">Disk Space</td> <td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center" width="161">
9 GB</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">Video Card</td> <td align="center" width="161">3D Card with 64 MB of VRAM</td> <td align="center" width="161">3D Card with 128 MB of VRAM</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">DVD Drive</td> <td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center" width="161">
DVD Drive capable of reading 2 Layer Discs</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">DirectX</td> <td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center" width="161">
DirectX 9.0c</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" width="150">Connection</td> <td colspan="2" rowspan="1" align="center" width="161">
Broadband above 256 kbps</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>
Screenshot Contest:</div> Sonic Team has announced they will be holding a <a href="https://phantasystaruniverse.jp/community/event/betass/" >screenshot contest</a> to select the best picture that was taken during the closed beta. The winner of the contest will receive a Quo card! Participants have until August 4th to submit their picture.

Credit goes to Phantasy Star Universe forum (user.php?op=userinfo&uname=EspioKaos" >EspioKaos</a> for providing the soundtrack information. You can discuss this news in our <a href="viewforum.php?forum=20).

lostinseganet
Jul 23, 2006, 09:52 AM
What! They have broadband required now, but they are still stuck at 6 players... >_<

Ryna
Jul 23, 2006, 10:04 AM
The game maybe playable on dialup. We'll just have to wait and see. Still, I think broadband is definitely a strong recommendation at the least.

Kyuu
Jul 24, 2006, 01:00 AM
My question is... what is a Quo card? o_0

Tycho
Jul 24, 2006, 02:55 AM
I wonder if the recommended specs are aimed at minimum, standard or maximum graphic settings...

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 24, 2006, 11:44 AM
who now and days dussent have at least a 128MB video card, ya know?

lostinseganet
Jul 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
really really old people...like 37 man! O_o

Aug 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
Recommended is probly for maxed a maxed out game.My PC can do the Recommended,so I don't care too much.I just hope PSU does'nt follow PSO's online mode.Where if you lag,you keep killing stuff. Also PSO gets all wacked when you unsinc.I seen so many people fighting nothing,simply for the fact their system i being told the creatures are alive still.Even tho they been all killed.A true online experiance would be a nice change.