PDA

View Full Version : Article: Rollback Announcement

Ryna
Sep 2, 2006, 10:14 AM
In an effort to address character corruption and unintended item duplication, Sonic Team will be performing a rollback. Here is the news announcement (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=29) as translated by uhawww (user.php?op=userinfo&uname=uhawww):
Beginning last night, there were some issues with reading character data. We have discovered a related issue were item and meseta duplication was possible if this issue was exploited.

We consider this problem critical, however we are unable to respond individually to this problem based on the number of inquiries we have recieved. Also, we have projected that this issue will cause unrecoverable problems in the future if left as is.

Because of this, we will be enacting a rollback to a time prior to last evening when the anomalies occured. We are currently developing plans to compensate players who currently have active characters, though it has not been formulated yet.

In case there are any further problems, your corresponence is not only appreciated, but critical at this time.

We apologize for these issues from the bottom of our hearts and we ask for your utmost understanding, however if we do not resolve these issues immediately, the playability of the game would be compromised, and we have a wish and goal to maintain a fair and level playing field for all players for a long time.

HyperShot-X-
Sep 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
i just can't believe what i'm reading here...whether it was caused by unstable server overload glitch or by hackers, there's problem already after only 2 days game goes online? These kinds of problem were supposed to be all taken care of before hand... this is not good at all...

Sep 2, 2006, 04:02 PM
No this is accualy a good thing Now we know that sega is fixing problems n.n!!!

Sep 2, 2006, 07:02 PM
Well at least they are finding them out now. Think about it, if PSU was released simultaneously this problem would more disastrous to them hurting more than it is right now. Sure, we’ll be downloading patches the moment it comes out in the US and EU but I'd rather play a fixed game than broken. It doesn't bother me at all.

Games are never perfect.

genola
Sep 2, 2006, 08:45 PM
And that's one of the good reasons to start off with single player.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 3, 2006, 06:32 AM
You didnt play treasures of aht urghan did you? NOTHING[/b] IS EVER perfect the first time around... ever!

Sep 3, 2006, 11:17 AM
Sega has always taken care of things....for Japan

Calibur
Sep 3, 2006, 11:18 AM
well said

oculin
Sep 4, 2006, 02:12 AM
Blehs >__<; your Chocobo will go into a coma if you let him go to sleep (well you can fix it but you gotta reset your whole care plan)

If i was living in japan it wouldnt matter anyways since it will be awhile til i go online due to lack of money because everything is going to Wii.

oculin
Sep 4, 2006, 02:13 AM
My message got cut in half some how o.x; so now it makes no sense. oh wells >_<; Basically said Sucks hope its fixed o.x;

Sep 4, 2006, 08:03 PM
serves sega right for not having a public beta test

Sep 11, 2006, 12:55 PM
Somehow, I'm not surprised. You could have tens of hundreds of Public Betas, Closed Betas, etc, and you're still going to miss something. Problems also tend to occur when opening the servers to the public. Better they find it this quickly, rather than a few months down the road.

Once released to the public, games tend to become targets of litterally ripping apart to see what makes it tick, and how to exploit the game. It's a problem with every game, and always will be.