PDA

View Full Version : Article: XBox 360 Beta Problems

Ryna
Oct 15, 2006, 09:13 AM
A large portion of the XBox 360 Open Beta population has been experiencing several bugs over the last couple of days. These bugs include the following:
Connection Problems
The tutorial freezing at random spots.
Bosses not loading.
Remodeling tickets corrupting the graphics in Player Rooms.
If you experience any of these bugs, be sure to report them to the <a href="http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_beta.php" >Phantasy Star Universe team</a> by using this page. Also, it is important to keep in mind that the XBox 360 server platform has never been tested on a scale this large before and problems are to expected. Hopefully, these bugs will be resolved before the game is released on the 24th.

Oct 15, 2006, 09:20 AM
The bosses dont load due to SRGA not including them in the BETA. Thats not a glitch.

The mutiple people not being able to connect is not a glitch either. On the description of the download, it says only a limited number of people will be able to connect to the BETA servers.

The tutorial is a glitch, but that may be part of the fact that alot of the gamecode isnt in the chuck they took for the BETA.

Remodeling tickets, I think some of the stuff that the remodling ticket does wasnt included in the BETA download, which is why its causing those problems

ulyoth
Oct 15, 2006, 11:49 AM
Ive actually been told by someone that they have fought De ragan mutiple times, but you have no chance when the server is full.

Mitz
Oct 15, 2006, 12:23 PM
I am glad the problems occured. Therefore Sega will pay attention. It makes me happy that they care this time 'round.

Oct 15, 2006, 04:23 PM
The Tutorial glitch is kinda iffy. It doesn't freeze at just ONE point, it can freeze at many different ones. So far, having tried to tutorial a total of 7 times, I saw 3 different freeze spots.

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 16, 2006, 01:41 AM
could have told ya all this from the 13th

Saigan
Oct 16, 2006, 10:48 AM
Dragon fight works; I just did it. Unfortunately it was worse than doing it solo. The hunters couldn't hurt it (no one had bought new weapons- EVER) and kept wanting me to resta them ><

AnnabellaRenee87
Oct 17, 2006, 04:23 AM
well live is MIA for 24 houres

Traize
Oct 17, 2006, 03:01 PM
Got a reply from them, apparently we should all give the boss battles a go once we get live back (even if we can only play PSU for a few hours) as the boss battles were confirmed as fixed as of Monday some time... Apparently!

Oct 17, 2006, 05:17 PM
Oh, and in case anyone still cares or if the problem still persists for some of you guys, the tutorials do work. You just need to be patient and press the A button at a slower pace and allow the animations to match the text. It works like a charm for me :) Hope this helps.

Oct 17, 2006, 06:05 PM
yeah

the dragon does load

and

if your a force watch out

its strong

Oct 17, 2006, 06:17 PM
If the Xbox's version goes under Microsoft's care there wont be much Sonic Team can do, but give instructions how to care for the server. It will be up to Microsoft to actually put effort into getting things done and smoothly as possible.

Oct 18, 2006, 04:52 AM
Yes, both boss battles WORK. De Ragen and that giant rock throwing, lightning summoning, evil son of a *****

Mitz
Oct 18, 2006, 06:19 AM
At least it is noticed now.

Sharkyland
Oct 18, 2006, 02:34 PM
If the beta is suppose to be over by when it hits the 18th of october or 12am... how come I can still play it. Though there seems to be a very few amount of people online though.

Oct 20, 2006, 12:50 AM
I had orginally had issues connecting because the beta servers are full, but now I keep getting an error message that says something to the effect of: You have been locked due to an irregular ending process. Please try again in 10 minutes. Naturally, I keep trying. A friend had this same problem but now is abkle to connect. Anyone know the reason for this, or maybe a workaround? I'll be sure to forward it to the aforementioned link.