PDA

View Full Version : PSO for PS2?

HaLLa
Apr 28, 2003, 02:24 PM
I was told from someone that it was coming out for PS2 in December or something. I have no clue if this is true or where they saw or heard it but I was wondering if any of you knew anything about it?

Why not get on the last major game system?

MonoxideChild
Apr 28, 2003, 02:59 PM
That someone is stupid. PSO is not coming out anytime soon for the PS2, and probably will never come out.

muff
Apr 28, 2003, 03:00 PM
I heard it was coming out for ps2 back in dreamcast pso v1 days, don't listen

Joe-Azlin
Apr 28, 2003, 03:42 PM
Yea dude I think that guy is full of crap. So keep your mouth shut and jsut agree with him to keep him happy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akuma_the_HUcast
Apr 28, 2003, 04:51 PM
PS2 SUCKS!
pso will hopfully never go onto ps2.
pso is just way to good for ps2.

The_Pew
Apr 28, 2003, 09:51 PM
exactly, you took the word right out of my mouth.

Chibi-Chan
Apr 28, 2003, 10:29 PM
I dont think PSO will ever be coming out on a Sony system. I think Sega still has a bit of hard feelings towards Sony with the fact that Sony had a hand in ruining them in the console market.. (Still thinks there was a conspiracy between Sony and game magazines to ruin Sega!!) Anyway, I do have PS2 but I don't expect any good Sega games on it, I suppose i'm happy with Tekken 4 and RPG Maker 5 for now..

Huntley
Apr 28, 2003, 10:32 PM
PSO is not and will not come out for PS2

Blue-Hawk
Apr 28, 2003, 10:37 PM
two reasons the ps2 will never see this game.
1- it lacks the harware capabilities to handle the games graphics and sounds.
2- sega hates sony for killing the dc.

Skuld_0
Apr 28, 2003, 11:03 PM
Phantasy star is coming out on ps2.....not pso
its made by a different company and published by someone else...so yea..thats hould help

Huntley
Apr 28, 2003, 11:16 PM
On 2003-04-28 21:03, Skuld_0 wrote:
its made by a different company and published by someone else...so yea..thats hould help

??? what r u smokin

Webapprentice
Apr 29, 2003, 12:33 AM
On 2003-04-28 20:29, Chibi-Chan wrote:
I dont think PSO will ever be coming out on a Sony system. I think Sega still has a bit of hard feelings towards Sony with the fact that Sony had a hand in ruining them in the console market..

The new Shinobi is on PS2 and that is a Sega product.

I recall in a magazine interview that Sonic Team themselves simply weren't interested in developing for PS2. Other Sega development groups had different opinions over the 3 systems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Webapprentice on 2003-04-28 22:33 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Apr 29, 2003, 01:22 AM
Before the mods come in, don't flame other users becaue they like PS2 and you don't.
Don't break fourm rules!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2003-04-28 23:22 ]</font>

Getintothegame
Apr 29, 2003, 01:24 AM
On 2003-04-28 21:16, Huntley wrote:

??? what r u smokin

I believe its true, I've heard about it at least. Just the old PS though.

SubstanceD
Apr 29, 2003, 01:28 AM
On 2003-04-28 21:16, Huntley wrote:

??? what r u smokin

No Skuld_0 is right, well he is right about the fact that Phantasy Star is coming to the PS2, I am not sure about the bit where it is being published by someone else. Last I heard Sega were remaking Phantasy Star, Phantasy Star 2 and Phantasy Star 4 for the PS2. These arn't going to be staright ports of the Genesis games, we are talking about all new garphics and new music.

On a sidenote I always wondered why PSO never came out on the PS2, with the exception of the Muliplayer split screen mode ( which even the Gamecube has trouble with, doubt the PS2 could handle it ) it's not like any of the PSO games would push the PS2 hardware. It would be particularly good business for Sega since the PS2 is concidered to be the rpg console ( thats why I bought one ) and it would reach a larger fan base and make more money for Sega and it would be good for PSO fans since the PS2 controller has more buttons than the Gamecube and the X-Box and it would allow more action buttons.

TheSlayer
Apr 29, 2003, 02:50 AM
First of all I have Dreamcast, PS2 and GC. I like all consoles, but the PS2 least of all.
A fact is that PSO is played by a lot of people on the consoles that it's been released on. These people pay sega a monthly hunters license in addition to the price of the game. People enjoy the game, rightfully so and are prepared to pay to play.

Whether you like it or not, facts prove that the PS2 is the biggest selling console out there. More people have PS2's than any other next gen console. This probably won't be matched. Common business sense would make the PS2 a very viable platform for a game as addictive and as lucrative as PSO.

Like I said, I'm not that big a fan of the PS2, but if I was in Sega's or Sonic Teams shoes, then I would see this as a very good money making opportunity.And to spread the word of PSO of course.