PDA

View Full Version : Article: New Expansion Pack Details

Ryna
Feb 25, 2007, 12:25 PM
In August 2006, a teaser for a Phantasy Star Universe expansion pack, Ambition of Illuminus, was released on the <a href="http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/secret/">Japanese website</a>. Since then, little has been heard about it. However, Shougai PSO (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=EspioKaos" >EspioKaos</a> has been able to dig up some new information based on a couple of recent articles that appeared on Famitsu Connection! On[/i], development work on the expansion pack is nearly complete and it is expected to go on sale sometime this year. A network trial is planned to work out any lingering issues. While the details on this expansion pack are still vague, new playing modes, PSO-style clothing, and improved user interface functionality were mentioned as possibilities. You can discuss this news in our <a href="/viewtopic.php?topic=136118&forum=20">Phantasy Star Universe forum.

MaximusLight
Feb 25, 2007, 02:21 PM
Now here is something I've always wanted to say:

THE EXPANSION IS COMING! THE EXPANSION IS COMING!

:P

You know this explains why there are some PA and other thing that can't be hacked right now (hypothetically you'd think someone would do it right?).

BLACKR0SE
Feb 25, 2007, 03:50 PM
Dont jump teh gun.Nobody knows anything yet...

Thrash777
Feb 25, 2007, 09:16 PM
Hmm... this is interesting news...

This sheds light on the possiblity of ST adding all sorts of extra content... even the dreaded PvP...?

BatosaiHimura
Feb 25, 2007, 09:42 PM
My FOmarl can have back her...FOmarlness!

Hopefully they will put in some pso weps.

Huge battle fan, crazy tune, and a (non-photon) agito would be nice.

Sychosis
Feb 26, 2007, 01:20 PM
I'm not believing it until I see an official source.

Tomeeboy
Feb 26, 2007, 03:15 PM
I think information taken from Famitsu is pretty credible. It would be one thing if it was a rumor of a possible expansion, but they are basically saying there IS an expansion and that the development is almost completed.

Now, this doesn't mean that we'll ever see this expansion in the states, but I think there's a pretty good chance that it will be released here as well. My only concern is that they would hesitate to release the expansion outside of Japan due to the bad initial reviews that PSU received here. However, if this will be something that is available across all platforms, the fact that Japanese 360 players share servers with the US 360 players should ensure that we'll get everything they get.

I'm sure more information will continue to trickle in as we get further into the year. As they wrap up developement and begin to shed some more light on the expansion, we'll definitely be getting in touch with our official Sega representatives in an attempt to get more details.

-Rune-
Feb 27, 2007, 11:18 AM
Hmm, though this would be nice... it's hard believing an expansion for this game so soon. It would be nice though for our servers *both PC and XB360*, just think... the more people who walk through game stores see another add on to PSU. They'll begin thinking wow this must actually be worth playing and try it out. It's kinda how I felt about FFXI that's for sure ^^;

Feb 27, 2007, 11:27 AM
More ways to make money. I for one will stick to this game Ive purchased till I feel Ive gotten all I can get from it. Then I may consider an expansion pack. Im in no hurry at all for new things when Ive yet to master what is available.

sugarfox
Feb 27, 2007, 12:39 PM
"Improved user interface functionality" You say. It's about time!

Whoever designed the current one needs to be shot!

Possibly the worst in game OS I've ever seen.

Sending a message takes about 4 clicks back and forth. (Clearly unacceptable)

The solution to fix a PM feeding bug was to remove you from that menu all together. (Pathetic)

And wouldn't it be nice to have a real effort made to get the communications system

Working smoothly for those of us with cordless keyboards? (I found this a problem in psobb to)

I'd like not to have to think about such things whilst I'm engaged in game play. The fact that I do tells me quite a bit about the development people at sonic team. I think the term is OUT OF TOUCH!

I wait with little expectation of any really outstanding changes to the interface; And new game play modes, all thow interesting and doubtless enjoyable will mean little if I still have to fumble around in the dark when it comes to changing photon arts, sending messages, locating friends ect.

SStrikerR
Mar 5, 2007, 05:00 PM
I agree a little bit with you but I really think you went overboard and gave wrong info oon your comment. The pm menu has been fixed. sure,there are some issues that need to be addressed but, unlike in pso, sonic team is addressing them(although is is barely happening.) The mailing think is crap, everyone knows that but i'm sure sega will change it so that we can select all the people that we want to send it to all at one time and then let us type our message.(at least i hope so because i waste so much time trying to send messages to get a party goin ugh.) well,peace out.