PDA

View Full Version : GC: Episode III, is it going to include the original PSO?

CronoEBM
Apr 28, 2003, 04:07 PM
Is it just the card game, or is it added on to Episode I and II?

Tulathis
Apr 28, 2003, 04:24 PM
From what I understand it's an entirely new game, not an expansion to Episode 1 & 2. The card part is a bit misleading because it's actually part of the GC game. I'm not exactly sure how ST will incorporate cards into a videogame, but there have been numerous games that have tried something like this before, with mixed results. Let's hope ST figured out something that the others didn't to make the card aspect of Ep3 really worthwhile.

MORB
Apr 28, 2003, 04:53 PM
No one can possibly know at this point, except ST.

kidterru
Apr 29, 2003, 05:15 AM
We'll just have to wait.

rena-ko
Apr 29, 2003, 05:37 AM
i really hope the card thing is an aditional part like challenge mode and i really hope you can convert v3-chara into this new game (i'd not name it v4 yet, because... like stated above... its not clear if it is v4...)

i mean... i dont have anything against cards... but i never liked rune and i dont think this is a good thing to replace the classic way of pso-battle with this roundbased... final fantasy-like... cardfights...

well... the screenshots look good - seems like a new engine at last. i hope the best, and expect the worst so far...

if this is some kind of spin off, then it might be fine, but the name 'episode III' do not really state that. if this is the way pso is supposed to evolve then... we'll see... e3 will be veeery interesting.

FreakinRican
Apr 29, 2003, 08:28 AM
This isn't just an add on for a new PSO. It is the new PSO. People have to stop saying its like the additions in version 2. They didnt name Version 2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gifSO V2 GoGo Soccer and Challenge Evolution!

Sonic Team is trying to pull a fast one and make money of a genre that everyone else is doing. Need I say Sonic Shuffle? I'm waiting for Sonic Drift 3(Sonic Kart) to come out for the GCN -_-;

Long---Shot
Apr 29, 2003, 08:38 AM
im glad this hunk of crap is going gamecube becouse crap like this does not belong on xbox or even any other system for that matter. I almost feel sorry for the GC. Card Based?? ROFL ST has finally lost it. Ive played card based games before they blow floppy donkey balls. I hope to god this is a poor joke made by ST to throw everybody off about the next PSO.

Raist
Apr 29, 2003, 08:54 AM
Geeze, am I the only one who's looking forward to this? I was kinda hoping they'd make a card game and make Episode 3 but I'll take what I can get. I wouldn't be shocked if the game did quite well and I really hope it makes it state side.

EvilMoose
Apr 29, 2003, 09:20 AM
I agree Long. This game looks fine on the graphics side, but the gameplay looks horrible. ST is simply trying to bank on the market created years ago with stupid pokemon *shiver*. ST seems to not realize that their market is older then the pokemon*shiver again* market and this project will likely flop and make no money. Unfortunately, it will sell well in Japan... (the Japanese like those funky card games with an incredibly high difficulty because you have to FIND your attacks and you can lose them when you lose the game...ughh) Games like this make me glad not to have a GC.

MetalGriever
Apr 29, 2003, 09:33 AM
Can you say "Yu-gi-oh?" I knew you could... I'm actually kinda mixed on this. A part of me is looking forward to this, whereas a part of me is afraid of how horribly this could be executed.

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 09:43 AM
In one of the interviews, Yuji Naka did say that it is a completely new game.

EvilMoose
Apr 29, 2003, 09:54 AM
Completely new but with the exact same plot.
Yeah, looks like a simple money-making venture for ST. At least there not as bad as Nintendo, not only starting the craze but fueling it and continuing to make money off of their kiddy system....
I hate GC

Raist
Apr 29, 2003, 09:59 AM
On 2003-04-29 07:20, EvilMoose wrote:
I agree Long. This game looks fine on the graphics side, but the gameplay looks horrible.

Its funny how you can judge the gameplay of a game by 3 screen shots.

Unfortunately, it will sell well in Japan...

Why is that unfortunate?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-29 08:06 ]</font>

steve_murton
Apr 29, 2003, 10:02 AM
well we will see if its good when more interviews come out! at the moment the graphics are great but i may e-mail ST about the card part! they will probably lose alot of money on this game! AND DOES THIS CARD THING WORK!? oh i dont know...

Glaximus
Apr 29, 2003, 11:47 AM
It's interesting to read the shock on people's faces when they see that ST plans on continuing the Phantasy Star story as a card game. The older players among us, who grew up on PS I, II, III and IV for 8 and 16 bit systems, felt the same way when it was announced that the "long rumored Phantasy Star V was going to be an online game!" That was a kick to the head. It was like "wow, ok, online is cool... but where's my PS V!?"

I have faith in Sonic Team. They produce Fun. Sometimes its raw and unrefined Fun, in need of cleaning and further work, but it's still Fun, and they get it right.

I just hope they throw more NiGHTS goodies in PSO III http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

steve_murton
Apr 29, 2003, 12:11 PM
ok i have e-mailed them and they will probably not reply but there you go (whats sonic-teams english/american aite,not japanese)

Buuyon
Apr 29, 2003, 01:02 PM
This game will be flooded with 10 year olds...they better rate it M...they better...i dont care the contect...they just better rate it M...

Raist
Apr 29, 2003, 01:08 PM
Hate to tell you this, but the current PSO is flooded with 10 year olds too.

Indighost
Apr 29, 2003, 01:31 PM
ugh! i say! ugh!

This is a really sharp blade that they are walking on, but there are many reasons to see why they are doing it.

I mean, i don't think i'm the only person here to notice the ever so slightly increasing amount of boredom that PSO is creating amongst some of the players, i myself find it tedious at times, but then again, i have no online capability at the moment, so i really can't comment on what it is like to play online.

As i see it, they wouldn't do somthing that would damage such a big earner.

We will just have to wait and see.

CronoEBM
Apr 29, 2003, 03:47 PM
To those bashing the Gamecube because of this game, don't think that this game isn't coming to the Xbox, cuz it is.

steve_murton
Apr 29, 2003, 03:58 PM
do yah wanna see my e-mail?