PDA

View Full Version : Whats so good about twin Psychoguns?

eXo
Apr 28, 2003, 04:43 PM
Hi I was just wondering what the big deal was with the twin psychoguns, I have had a pair of them for quit awhile, and IMO they are pretty weak and useless but recently I went to a friends house who was playing PSO-GC online and was asking to trade for a Spread Needle on two different occasions people wanted to trade a Spread Needle for the twin psychoguns, is there something that we are missing about this weapon like an upgrade simular to the Frozen shooter = Snow Queen ?? because I couldnt figure it out so he didnt trade them, can someone help me out on this subject?

excecutor
Apr 28, 2003, 05:30 PM
sorry to ask another question, but how dus one go about turning a frozen shooter into a snow queen?

travis-8
Apr 28, 2003, 06:47 PM
hey man my redria character spent two days piping for a love rappy to get a pair and realized that they do in fact kind of suck...oh well just another item for the collection ya know.as for the snow queen you need to get a frozen shooter+9 then trade some photon drops for a photon booster online and it will change when you use the booster on the +9frozen shoooter

eXo
Apr 29, 2003, 12:02 AM
OOOOOHHHH I was just doing a little research when I stumbled across this, could this be the reason people are trading spread needles and great stuff for psychoguns

http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=244&sortby=class

its also a S-rank version of them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif what a surprise

Bendilin
Apr 30, 2003, 09:30 PM
Kinda suck? They're my main weapon. I use them everywhere I go, against every boss, except Vol Opt, since I usually use a Partisian or Sword type weapon when I'm on Very Hard, just so I can hit more than one places at once for extra damage.

I usually hate all gun type weapons, but I love my Twin Psychoguns. Even though my accuracy is only 103, they almost never miss on even very hard mode out of the 12 or so shots they shoot per combo (weak + strong + strong combo)

Twin psychoguns rule ^_^

Now...what's this about an upgraded version..?

ShadowChao
Apr 30, 2003, 09:49 PM
Man, I was piping for a Love Rappy in Hard Temple yesterday for over an hour and gave up... any specific beat time I should try? I really want a pair of them guns http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KyuutoHikari
May 1, 2003, 02:59 PM
I found a pair of Twin Psychoguns and I don't really like them that much; they're ugly for my character. Yay for Purplenum. u.u

Tulathis
May 1, 2003, 03:07 PM
its also a S-rank version of them what a surprise
Those aren't available in Episode 1&2.

sorry to ask another question, but how dus one go about turning a frozen shooter into a snow queen?
You use a Photon Booster (50 Photon Drops at Gallon's Shop) on the Frozen Shooter to turn it into a Snow Queen.

Whats so good about twin Psychoguns?
Unless you found a pair with a high hit percentage they're not that great. They'll do just fine all the way through VH, but in Ultimate you might want to look for something better.

Lothario
May 1, 2003, 07:16 PM
Pffft. I WISH I had Twin Psychoguns. In comparison to what I am using, I would gladly take some Pyschoguns. Good grief, I usually have to take on the Ult. Ruins and one of my main weapons is the H&S25 Justice. How's that for crap, eh? Fortunately for me someone mentioned Redria piping for love rappies and getting them? Thanks to whoever that was, I think I might have to start doing that.

hypn0t1c
May 1, 2003, 08:14 PM
Redria? Pyschoguns?? No. Hard love rappy is suppressed gun, vhard and ultimate is god/luck.

Malus
May 1, 2003, 08:18 PM
Lothario-

You're better off getting a Purplenum to find you a set of Vulcans with hight Hit %

Elusive_Llama
May 2, 2003, 02:37 AM
I agree. Unless the Twin Psychoguns have hit %s of some sort, they'll be worthless in Ultimate. Hit % vulcans are much better.

NekoHikari
May 2, 2003, 02:43 AM
It's funny how Mechguns in general are terrible at first, but in the end they're quite possibly the best weapon you can have... Charge Vulcans with hit% are just scary.

Lothario
May 2, 2003, 05:39 AM
So last night I find out how to get the Twin Psychoguns, and what happens? I didn't realize androids couldn't use them. D'OH! And then I also realized that the 5 or so L&K14s I had were better and could be grinded higher than I thought. This game really does exist to spite me.

ShadowChao
May 2, 2003, 06:17 AM
lol!
I'm sorry... I just actually pictured the disk scowling at someone. Anyway, if a pair of L&K's, M&A's or H&S's are better, with %'s, then I'm sticking with what I got. I noticed the other day that I was doing 100's on Bartles/Barbles in Ult Forest with the normal/hard/hard combo with some L&K's. If Psychoguns aren't better, it's not worth the time to pipe em, eh?

Though it would be nice to have a weapon with Psycho in it's name...

Logical2u
May 2, 2003, 07:08 AM
Questions.
Where can I find these twin psychoguns? (on redria)
what sort of special attack to they have?
Like mechguns, can they attack 9 times?
Are they better then Justy?

Malus
May 2, 2003, 07:47 AM
ShadowChao-

The Psychoguns do have a unique and cool (in my opinion) look to them, but in the long run they're weaker than other mechs, especially since you cant grind them. If youre interested in finding a pair, Purple gets them from Grass Assassins in vhard Temple, my main char is Purplenum. So we can make a few runs on Saturday if youre so inclined.

ShadowChao
May 2, 2003, 01:09 PM
Ah, thanks Malus, but I'm a purplenum as well!
I was bored earlier today and decided to pipe for them, and after 75 minutes (almost exactly) found a Love Rappy that dropped that sexy red box.
!Psychoguns!
Anywho, they do look sorta neat. They lack Hit%'s, but I can clear Ult Forest at level 69 with them fairly quick.

On an interesting side note, a HUmar with a Rati, Psychoguns, and a DB's Shield looks like he's a bit encumbered.

Lothario
May 2, 2003, 01:46 PM
No kidding. It's almost sad to say that I own just about everything with the H&S25s (now the L&K14s since I found out they could be grinded higher than I thought) Equip a God/Arm and an Elf/Arm++ on a HUcaseal that already has high ATA = Massive ownage.

klepto
May 2, 2003, 06:15 PM
what exactly does that special do, I have 2 pairs of pshycoguns as a purplenum, but my Fill VUlcans 30% hit work better.