PDA

View Full Version : Article: Speak up and spread the word!

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2008, 02:31 PM
It's no secret that Phantasy Star Universe could use a little help with bringing new players to the game. As such, S-T-H of PSU Times (http://psutimes.blogspot.com/) has offered a suggestion to the community which could do just that. Simply put: talk about the game. Numerous gaming sites exist across the internet, but very few of them offer much information on PSU and its expansion. Some of these sites even allow readers to rate games and submit their own reviews. That's where we come in. If you have a few moments to spare, take the time to submit your thoughts on PSU, whether it's a few simple lines or a full review, anything would be helpful.
For full details on this, please see this post (http://psutimes.blogspot.com/2008/04/community-user-comments-and-reviews.html) at PSU Times (http://psutimes.blogspot.com/).

SStrikerR
Apr 19, 2008, 04:54 PM
It would benefit us if we did talk about this game, but I think the lazy asses at sega shoulda done this in the first place, so i'm not going to even bother fixing their mistake. BS

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
I am a well respected member of IGN and a VIP there. I have been talking about PSU for a long time, which has brought at least a dozen people into the game (only the 360 version, though, as that is what I play on).

EspioKaos
Apr 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
Excellent! I'm glad to hear that, Yusaku! That's a perfect example of what can be accomplished with a little word of mouth. :)

Yusaku_Kudou
Apr 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
Clumy thanked me on there too. :p I get a LOT of flack from some really pesky users who troll my PSU threads, though. *grr*

Shinko
Apr 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
meh... i talk about psu alot. it just like the 1st dude say this is sega fault. its there job to do this. this is a good game its just sad that its low community maybe the death of it.....

they really need to keep it up with games like wow out there..... i bet thats where everyone went.

DreXxiN
Apr 20, 2008, 09:21 AM
You know..I've actually tried to tell several people about this game, but nobody wants to pay the 10 a month..

-Drex

SStrikerR
Apr 20, 2008, 11:32 AM
Exactly. I've told at least 2 people about it but they don't want to pay 10 a month. Screw Sega.

Apr 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
I do agree that Sega should have done more by paying a little money to advertise their own game through out the web/magazines. This game has a GREAT deal of potential. it would suck if it died. and it would be really nice if there were a more bigger population on the PC/PS2 side!!! XD

Anyway, more people need to do their part and try to get word out about PSU, because it's an awesome game!!!

SStrikerR
Apr 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
I'd work harder if Sega did.

Finalzone
Apr 20, 2008, 10:52 PM
I tried to run Phantasy Star Universe on Wine (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=8070) which is a free implementation of Windows API. The current issue is from INCA Internet that seems to implement the fix that is already available from Oreans Themida (reans.com/ThemidaWhatsNew.php), an antihack sofware on which Gameguard is based on. Making PSU available on non-Windows OS will attract mose users. Afterall, ID Software already published their games for these systems.

vxpulse
Apr 21, 2008, 12:46 AM
Ya know it would be alot easier if there was demo version for the PC, and MAYBE for the ps2. One Week Trial accounts and such. That's my biggest issue - that in order for my friends to try the game to see if they like it they need to fork over the $10 and most won't. Another deal is that gamegaurd won't work with ubuntu, how about some support?

NickTheLegend
Apr 21, 2008, 02:46 AM
i say we force people to play via blackmail or threats to body parts perhaps

GodOfFate
Apr 21, 2008, 09:17 PM
u should of tried doing this long time ago cuz now their is hardly anyone that even plays anymore its a bunch of bullshit

granis1233
Apr 22, 2008, 09:52 AM
we shoude get a relly big rater to rate the game so that people will thinke that the game is relly sweet.