PDA

View Full Version : Article: Introducing the weekly Mission Spotlight!

EspioKaos
Jun 30, 2008, 08:20 PM
A brand new, ongoing feature has just been announced for Phantasy Star Universe: the Mission Spotlight (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_missionspotlight.php)! Join your fellow Guardians in a brand new area each week to bring a little variety to your PSU experience. Throughout each month, game masters will be holding mini-events at the spotlights, giving players a chance at winning some cool PSU merchandise such as T-shirts, wristbands and even an inflatable PM.
This week, the spotlight is shining on Parum's Raffon Field Base where players have two missions to choose from: Plains Overlord and Sleeping Warriors.
Thanks to Zaro for the news tip!

Dhylec
Jun 30, 2008, 08:49 PM
I guess this is a way to somehow catch the players' interest again, and pull them away from White Beast... for a while. ;]

xMalphasx
Jun 30, 2008, 10:06 PM
Yea. I think it's pretty cool. However, I also think they should increase the drop rates a little per event.

APEXi
Jul 1, 2008, 07:55 AM
pretty sad that people have to be herded around

SickPuP
Jul 1, 2008, 12:47 PM
Real Life Nerdware prizes are a bad idea. I play the game because I like the game...give me in-game rewards/prizes. That's much more appealing than an inflatable PM.

shintaHakamashi
Jul 1, 2008, 02:36 PM
um nice try "GM team" and "Sonic Team" or Sega. you guys are wasting our money on cheap children labored made toys. Also trying to distract us from fact you guys keep screwing us on events and items you promised. so this is a " hush hush" desperation move so we will forget. Na nice try. give us our mag and items NOW! nice try.

Mugenakuma
Jul 2, 2008, 01:13 AM
I think doing something like this is a great idea but I also agree that real world rewards and no increase in dropped items or special drops is a bad idea.

StEpSz
Jul 2, 2008, 03:39 AM
Dont you just love sega's half a*sidness..

like a child who only does half their homework then hands it in..

Broodstar1337
Jul 2, 2008, 05:27 AM
See y'all at White Beasts.

Zumafire
Jul 3, 2008, 07:51 AM
I think this is a great idea. I guess some of you guys and gals don't want to win PSU swag but I don't have a problem with it. It's nice to see this type of thing happening. I love PSU even though there are some hang ups here and there. and I don't know if it's just me but I've been seeing a lot more lower level people lately. It's this type of involvement that will keep newer players coming back.

SStrikerR
Jul 7, 2008, 05:42 PM
Some people..no, MOST people don't give a crap about an inflatable partner machine, and the only people that'll go where the GMs event is are nerds who HAVE to have this junk.

And you've been seeing less people here thanks to error 065 which caused MAG to be screwed over for most people. Also you said, "Newer people coming back". That doesn't make sense at all and I sure as hell wouldn't come back just to win nerdy prizes like this, and I doubt anyone else would either, because the only people who'd want it have ALWAYS been playing. So yeah, nice try.

shintaHakamashi
Jul 8, 2008, 08:33 AM
lol thank you ryan u understand where i am coming from :]! no one wants toys. and if you give out your real address you are about as smart as that dust bunny under your couch.

this event is a hush hush so we will forget about fact sega keeps screwing us.anouther way to spend YOUR money. And guess what your spending your money on toys that goes to little kids arent you happy??? lmao because for 1 u wont get in that event. :P anyone that wants to defend this go ahead. shows how dump u are and blind. they promised mag and ton other stuf and yet to give it. so this will be anouther online roleplay that will bomb because people lie and scam the players.ya they may get new players but it will die cause the lieing and scammin will keep going.