PDA

View Full Version : Article: What Content Updates Are You Most Looking Forward To?

EspioKaos
Nov 24, 2008, 02:50 PM
It's no secret that content updates for Phantasy Star Universe have been few and far between over the past few months. The lack of regular updates has had a negative effect on the community, putting many people up in arms over the situation. But rest assured that the local game staff are listening and are doing what they can to help out. Clumsyorchid (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12683), one of the official PSU message board admins, has begun a thread to compile player feedback (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=92289) to see what content the fans are most interested in seeing next. After enough data is gathered, the plan is to send the information up the chain of command to see what can be done to hopefully improve the situation. We would like to encourage everyone to voice their opinion on this matter by posting your opinions in the linked thread.

Zorak000
Nov 24, 2008, 05:20 PM
... because posting in a thread will make people work harder at localizing/porting already-made updates.

jShazBot
Nov 24, 2008, 06:27 PM
Lol, I got banned from their forums >_>

gratefulgriz
Nov 24, 2008, 08:47 PM
that is great that they want player feedback, but we need answers to the question Why we are paying for updates that are so infrequent. I mean its great to send stuff up to the chain of command, but someone from Sega needs to address the PSU player community with some idea of what our future for updates and longevity is going to be like. I have played for six years PSO and PSU and original series and really feel like the PS fan community is powerful, but we have had a brick wall with Sega and there doesnt seem to be any options left. Why won't sega address the PS community and let us know what is going on!

Lobos
Nov 24, 2008, 09:22 PM
Guess what no updates until that Tournament is done. boo. more excuses :/

Uncle_bob
Nov 24, 2008, 11:07 PM
Let's go get banned on the official forums! YAY!

Jacob X
Nov 25, 2008, 08:28 AM
Few and far between WTF we are left suckling a dry nipple when it comes to updates, the best update i would personally like to see is one that gives the community content, Come on if this was my business i'd have sacked the lot of em for incompetence and negligence this game is getting ridiculous.

PULL YOUR FINGER OUT AND DO SOMETHING

macandrews44
Nov 25, 2008, 09:31 AM
I agree. Heres an idea: Why not try and explain why there hasnt been any updates! At this point, the "mission spotlight" is a slap in the face to all expecting real updates. Unfortunalty, PSU has lost my loyal support. I do check the site every now and then that hope that the leading story is a new update with a higher cap, etc... but instead, they continue to have stories about Phantasy Star Zero. More news on the update please!

macandrews44
Nov 25, 2008, 09:34 AM
Why does it have to come to this point to get anything done!

Shikamaru of LV
Nov 25, 2008, 08:40 PM
The only thing I take away from this is it's stall tactic after all how can they add content if they haven't "gathered" enough information?
The information should be as plain as the nose on their faces.
I thought the only reason we had 3 weeks of Halloween was to give them time to "fix" the lightning carnival......well guess what I gave them to much credit......
While mission spotlights and the like may be nice to some it's like trying to heal a cancer with a little kids band aid.....
The least they could do is give reasons for the lack of...well lack of anything as far as we know they couldn't care less....since the results of has to be pushed up the ladder......The ones up the ladder should be the ones answering the questions at least it would show they still give a ..........

marsprite
Nov 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
Seeing as how this game doesn't require an install on the ps2, I'd like to know what kind of work their "updates" could possibly require? I mean some server side changes, but really... The missing updates, and all future ones should be doable in under a month with a team of about 5 people.

I think they screwed up when they programmed one of the clients for a version they can't patch, and they don't want to admit that the people with that copy are SOL.