PDA

View Full Version : Article: December 7th Power Maintenance Complete

Ryna
Dec 7, 2008, 07:22 PM
Maintenance on the power systems for Sega of America Headquarters is now complete! The PC/Playstation 2 servers are back online. The Xbox 360 servers (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154735) are currently under maintenance and is expected they will be active again soon.

Update at 8:15 pm EST: The PC/Playstation 2 and Xbox 360 servers have been taken offline due a glitch. Apparently, the rooms, Partner Machinery, and inventories were reset for several players.

Update at 9:00 pm EST: The Xbox 360 servers are now back online. However, several people are receiving error messages when trying to connect to the servers.

Update at 9:15 pm EST: RubyEclipse (Sega GM) is reporting that the glitch problems have been isolated (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2205922&postcount=177) and people are currently working on fixing it. It seems the problem is only affecting the PC/Playstation 2 servers.

Update at 9:30 pm EST: The glitch problem has been resolved (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2205972&postcount=197) and the PC/Playstation 2 servers are back online. A rollback to Saturday's save data was required to fix the side-effects of the glitch.

Update at 10:45 pm EST: The Xbox 360 servers (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154764) will be taken down shortly for maintenance as issues have been discovered. We're currently awaiting further news. However, the official site (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid67" title="Official News) is back online with the forums to return soon.

Update at 11:05 pm EST: A notice (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2206148&postcount=236) has been posted by RubyEclipse mentioning that the servers will be down for approximately two hours while they sort out the glitch that they have managed to locate. More information will be arriving closer to the end of this maintenance.

Update at 2:30 am EST: A post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1096544#1096544) by RubyEclipse has been made on the official boards verifying a rollback for Xbox 360. It is unknown whether it will be from Friday's or Saturday's backup, but more information will be coming in about an hour. According to the JP 360 site (http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=235" title="Official JP Homepage), they plan to be finished at 3 am EST.

Update at 3:00 am EST: Another post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=1096585#1096585) by RubyEclipse has been made on the official boards noting that maintenance will be taking a few more hours. The JP 360 site has been updated to reflect this and now claims that they will be taking up to four more hours.

Update at 5:15 am EST: The Xbox 360 servers are online again (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2206523&postcount=299). Due to unexpected data corruption though, it was necessary to rollback to a Friday save state. That means that any progress that players may have been made on the Xbox 360 servers since Friday has been nullified.

Update on 12/9: An official statement (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid72" title="Official PSU Homepage)*has been posted in regards to the rollback that took place over the weekend.* Compensation has been mentioned again,*but it is not confirmed what it will be as of yet.* However, it will not affect future content delivery.

FireHero
Dec 7, 2008, 08:15 PM
wow look at that its late as always nicly done sega

Doomtrigger
Dec 7, 2008, 08:16 PM
XD the websites are not up yet

Kasugano
Dec 7, 2008, 08:17 PM
Sega started a new maintenace, ppl complaining about some issues... ><

Ronin Okami
Dec 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
looks like the servers are down again cause some people didn't get all there stuff or at least pretending they didnt... either way thats kinda sad considering they were down an entire day.

Kougeki07
Dec 7, 2008, 08:18 PM
How long will it last?

Ronin Okami
Dec 7, 2008, 08:19 PM
beat me to it...lol XD

Ronin Okami
Dec 7, 2008, 08:20 PM
of course they didnt say. -_-'

SyncopaTe
Dec 7, 2008, 08:21 PM
yeah way to go again sega... seriously can they do anything right?

BanF
Dec 7, 2008, 08:22 PM
Site is up, you say? Can't access. Did they change the addy or something?

Ronin Okami
Dec 7, 2008, 08:27 PM
lets see... sonic....nope....psu....nope....run a business....as long as it pachinko slots....maybe.... and keep servers and people stuff from getting lost.... ahahahahahahaha..... no. -_-'

FireHero
Dec 7, 2008, 08:29 PM
nope its not there lol it wasnt turned back on

Sixtypinconnection
Dec 7, 2008, 08:31 PM
It figures as soon as I get the game the servers go down. I hope it gets going soon. I wanna get my SUV.

Ronin Okami
Dec 7, 2008, 08:33 PM
somebody pm me when it comes back.... gonna go play gears2 feh...

silva9
Dec 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
Could hay put money on this on that Sega would f up again! Like I said in another power post my Grand Cross board that was in synthesis better not dissapare! been tolerant with all Sega's screw up till this point but in the end they should have had the shut down on the original date or after boost road was over not 2 days after releasing it. Lets face it some people like me have 2 work in real life and don't have endless hours 2 play psu this is a major set back for sure!

Kronolord626
Dec 7, 2008, 08:58 PM
Having trouble logging back in to PSU

S7TGG
Dec 7, 2008, 09:04 PM
B4 making a problem just read the comments. We know we can't log back in, all these I can't log back in is pointless

Omega-chan
Dec 7, 2008, 09:10 PM
I was one of the players affected by this "reset"; I certainly hope I get my items back, as I had several rares and two battle-ready PMs I'd rather not lose, but I'm honestly not holding my breath.
I suppose this is what I get for wondering when I logged back on today if they'd actually done what they were supposed to or if they had f'd up again.

Shadowbreak
Dec 7, 2008, 10:56 PM
If I had actually believed that SEGA was beginning to do things right, this might surprise, and in turn upset me. I knew better than to sign on tonight, figuring if they had brought the servers back on at 8 ET like they said they would, they would have effed something else, so I just got on here to pat myself on the back for not wasting the time signing in. Let me tell you, I am proud of myself for not trusting SEGA, lol, it's a good approach. They say optimists are disappointed when things go negative. With SEGA, everyone is always disappointed, you can just smile and say, "I knew the happy wouldn't last..."
Ruby! Save us! You are the chosen one!

Shadowbreak
Dec 7, 2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry about that, my dumb computer double-posted, sigh... Maybe it was made by SEGA.

BanF
Dec 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
Issues on my 360? NO wai! Any idea what said issues are?

mvffin
Dec 8, 2008, 12:00 AM
I'm glad I didnt do anything spectacular today. Just moved some PA's between characters and did 2 GBR missions. I'm just upset because of all the downtime on the weekend. >_>

ngagerebel
Dec 8, 2008, 12:34 AM
Why would you start synthesis when you know they are going to do maintenance?

sikyogibear
Dec 8, 2008, 03:32 AM
nice done sega nice done thats one way of missing up sat and sundays for everyone =.=

Hpntiqlicious
Dec 8, 2008, 03:36 AM
now i've seen it all, i don't think they can outdo themselves anymore than this.......................

*bites tongue* i might of spoken too soon.

Kaioken
Dec 8, 2008, 05:15 AM
Sega has proved themselves to be the true king of failures this time! Reseting EVERYONE back to Friday is the ultimate slap in the face! Sega TRULY sucks!!!

Danny_Dark
Dec 8, 2008, 06:34 AM
What ?! Server Rollback !, SEAG what have YOU done ?

casamamita
Dec 8, 2008, 07:13 AM
this is fing bull all us peopel did alot of work to get our acc to there levels and the money and the boost up and then ya just gonna restert it thats bull i hope ya fix the problem cuz im getting reallly tired of ya screw ups

NeoTeppin
Dec 8, 2008, 07:49 AM
Well there goes my delpi...

zkempton
Dec 8, 2008, 09:10 AM
way to go SEGA i lost 4 lvls, 40% boost, my khaos knight, 3 battle stoppers, some delphi's, and some armors. im done dealin with your bs ive already canceled my account cause yall cant seem to do anything right. congratulations for running off one your first members on PSU yall are gonna kill this game just like you did chrome hounds. but i bet the japanese servers werent effected one bit and the pc/ps2 servers except for the minor set backs of some people losing their stuff and then getting them back. I dont understand why yall didnt have a save point right before the maintence to set it back to early saturday mourning or afternoon yall are worthless i wont ever buy a sega title again.

W0LB0T
Dec 8, 2008, 09:39 AM
Good 'ol Sonic team. always good for a laugh. They give the PSU community an update with one hand, and pimp slap them with the other.
I'll only be truly sataified when the manage to better the whole error 065 fiasco. Well untill they can better that...and so on and so fourth.
I wonder what they where doing during matinance anyway? possibly having a massive christmas pissup (Austrailan for office drinks). People would have found out how Clumsyorchid truly earned their name.
I better be off now. but when something else bugga's up ill be back to point and laugh.

xbloodx
Dec 8, 2008, 11:28 AM
way too much /cry on these forums....

FireHero
Dec 8, 2008, 11:59 AM
O great I finally got the weapons I wonted I didn't look stupid next to my friends and there weapons and now there gone and I only have 2 days to get them again (o wait I cant I have collage), then after that I go to stay at my parents has for Xmas (they don't have net) so now I don't get **** this GBR apart from the question "why the **** do you keep playing this game when they don't treat us right?"

zkempton
Dec 8, 2008, 12:08 PM
maybe one of PSU's creators can enlighten me on how power maintence led to a glitch in ppl losing there sh*t. that dont make no sense to me at all and instead of rolling everyone back to nothing why not give those ppl their crap back.

JadedSEGAplayer88
Dec 8, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yep, they took away all our stuff on the Xobox360. I lost some nice items as well and about 800-900k exp. This sound like more of the same old junk from our friends at SEGA? I know some of you have been playing a long time too, aren't you tied of this treatment yet. Honestly, what are we paying $10 a month for? If SEGA really wants to say they are sorry give us our 10, 11, and 12 star stuff back. I don't need 3 ster luck when i don't have time to play or another useless rappy tip dagger. Thanks for nothing SEGA!

goldbrease
Dec 8, 2008, 01:59 PM
what would have been the best thing to do is to back the servers up right before the maintenance so that anything found wrong afterwards could be put back to the way it was.

zkempton
Dec 8, 2008, 02:58 PM
exactly but they had to mess things up for all the other players that actually found somethin and take it all away. so for them doin that i cancelled my account and snapped my disc in two just to show sega how much i really appreciate them f'in us in the a for the millionth time now.

heximeth
Dec 8, 2008, 03:18 PM
i have been taking a break for the last 6 months and was thinking about starting up my account again...
but what the hell has happened??? everybody is talking about losing their stuffs. whats this all about?
i would like to ask kindly of you to explain the whole situation before i restart my account again...plzzz

watashiwa
Dec 8, 2008, 03:26 PM
I lol'd.

silva9
Dec 8, 2008, 03:34 PM
Well didn't know at the time that sega was shutting down the servers it's that simple! Anyway it came out bot a crappy %

Tido_Fresh_25
Dec 8, 2008, 04:55 PM
I lost 3 lvls and 70 mil from a kaos knight that sold saturday. This is completely f'd!!! I'm glad the 2 people got their stuff back that lost it all, but what about the thousands of other players that just lost 4 days worth of everything!?

Dhylec
Dec 8, 2008, 04:57 PM
If you've been away for 6 months, you don't have anything lost. Those who lost things are XB360 people who played last Friday when there was an update. SoA rolled back to right before the update. So anything gained after Friday is gone. PS2/PC lost a bit too due to a minor roll-back, but nothing major like 360 side.

Jethro V.3
Dec 8, 2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah, I was in a party doing S Illusionary Shaft.... lost a LOT (including $1mil and half exp to lvl132)... I say we take it to the streets and demand our sh** back! NO MORE SUBMISSION!!!!!!!!!! SEGA GIVE IT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lapuch-cut
Dec 8, 2008, 05:45 PM
thank you so much SEGAC -.-

Lord Hammerheart
Dec 8, 2008, 06:51 PM
I am glad I'm not on the xbox360 servers... that sucks. I didn't play until after all the maintenance anyway, so everything is all good on my side. Oh wait! I had a Red/Knight... where did that go? Sega where is my Red/Knight?!
Ok... I might be kidding on that last part. :)

jShazBot
Dec 8, 2008, 08:39 PM
LMFAO. I haven't really played PSU in almost 3 months now and the account I did play on was banned. But all I have to say is HAHA! I knew something like this was going to happen. There so many problems with this that it almost seems like they do it intentionally everytime! XD

zkempton
Dec 8, 2008, 09:12 PM
i think they do to cuz the japanese boycoted the xbox so now their sayin f the xbox servers and seeing how long it takes all of us to cross over to the pc/ps2 servers. well guess what sega ps2 sux id rather whipe my a** with a playstation then play on one .

heximeth
Dec 9, 2008, 04:20 AM
all right... i see that nothin has changed since i last played...hmmm, when does the conan mmo have its release?
thx for the info Dhylec

Cranberry
Dec 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
Lesser of 2 evils really. It was either they do a rollback or let a glitch and some corruptions wipe out a bunch of people. Sometimes you have to do restores or suffer some data loss to prevent even worse data loss. If you're snapping your disks in half and cancelling your accounts over this, you're really being way too uptight. Yeah, you lost 4 days or so of data, you're annoyed about that, and yeah Sega doesn't have the best of history here. But cut them a bit of a break on this one. You do not want glitches and stuff messing up your service and causing additional problems. They did a roll back to prevent the problem from getting even worse. Sometimes you have to cut off a few fingers to save the hand. It's not Sega out to get you, they had to make a tough choice for the greater good.

Kaioken
Dec 9, 2008, 02:58 PM
I think you got it backwards man. They did cut the whole hand off. A few people with corrupted data is a better loss than the thousands that just quit the game. Take a look at the servers now. People have quit (or aren't playing for awhile). Given the history of PSU over the past few months, a botch of this size is unforgivable. I've played this game since it came out and I've watch people come and go because of the slow content updates. To finally get an update and then rip away the hard work people have been waiting for was the nail in the coffin. As much as I like Phantasy Star even I have to admit that Sega is just synonomous with failure. I lost a Kaos / Knight, 4 levels, Tiga De Ragan 20% ice and 2 crafted Blackhearts (pulled out Sat morning) 46% ground and 46% lightning. Mega Holy luck for 2 weeks and a 50% C rank dagger is NOT going to compensate me in the slightest.

zkempton
Dec 9, 2008, 03:17 PM
exactly. plus i think they tweeked the drop rate cuz i played monday when the servers came back on and i couldnt even find a par walna and i had 2 stacks of that stuff by saturday right before they cut the plug on the servers. really i think they just took my whole arm with that roleback cuz i was extremely excited to see ppl get off white beast and thought maybe could turn the game around and make it fun like it was when it first came out even though all we had was sleeping warriors, ruler of the plains, and the onmagoug up to A rank missions. sega had a really good thing going with this game then they just started acting like they dont care about us no more by not giving us regular updates and constantly having system errors which causes downtime, data corruption like this past uh oh, and not being able to connect to the servers. like Kaioken said hes seen people come and go i have to i can remember when u couldnt get into the first 3 universes cause there were that many people playing then and now universe 1 is hardly ever full . I feel sorry for the people that did lose their stuff and wanted it back, sega should have noted this and gave them back thier stuff shut the servers back down figured out what was causing the glitch and keep the servers how they were saturday before they shut down instead of rolling everyone back. that my personal opinion on PSU and how sega is running things.

S7TGG
Dec 10, 2008, 01:19 AM
Well we don't have perfect lives and so does technology. Grow up! Mistake is life.