PDA

View Full Version : Android Users Please Help

Yoda86
Apr 28, 2003, 07:18 PM
I'm no noobie just to start off. I've had over 200 hours of experience (not trying to gloat or anything) but I have created a RAcast recently and love it do death. This is however my first time playing with an android. However, Hard Falz is providing me quite the struggle to the end.

First Form: He is always using the ice then bomb attack to kill me off.

Second Form: For some reason his freezing attack hits me twice (freeze then hit) and that kills me.

Third Form: One sword attack or grants attack then I'm dead.

Currenly using Visk-235W and Fill Raygun to try and defeat Falz. Level 37 with a lot of defense (used like 25 def materials or so). I packed like 6 scape dolls and went through all of them so I'm scape dolless.

Any suggestions except to use the resist/saint trick? I have a couple of metal/bodies but won't have enough slots left to use more than two resist/saints.

Thanks for your help.

Yurika
Apr 28, 2003, 07:30 PM
get a couple levels or a dragon/hp or something. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Not like that's something you couldn't guess at. Hard falz swipe does 250, if I'm not mistaken, and provided you can survive that, you can probably take the grants without dying either. A dragon frame (lv.43 req) does wonders on falz, as well as a freeze barrier to get some good ice resistance if you don't have a low level rare barrier like a secret gear or an attribute plate (they've both got REALLY nice elemental defenses).
I tanked my way through hard falz with a 43 HUcaseal, and I think my hp was 263 or so. XD The "drop mates and kill yourself" trick is _very_ useful for droids.

On a side note, I think droids are easily the most challenging class to play... Forces can still resta, so they aren't _that_ hard, and hunters are, as always. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dime
Apr 28, 2003, 07:56 PM
I beat Hard DF at 40 with HUcast. Basically, get 10 Mono, 10 Di, 10 Trimates and 10 Star Atomizers. And at least 1 scape doll. Use equipment to boost Ice protection.

Nail him with your best weapon. keep moving to avoid darvants. On his butterfly form shoot him from mid range, staying to the left, because his right arm casts rafoie and he'll most likely use rafoie than rabarta. You want that because he won't freeze you, and he'll do less damage. When he's about to use heaven punisher attack run toward him and get right next to him to avoid it.

At the final form, attack and dodge until he steals your soul. When he does steal your soul attack with your best weapon. He'll be damaged and you'll be revived by your scape doll.

Hrith
Apr 29, 2003, 10:34 AM
Fill Raygun should save you from stocking hella mates, don't engage fight if you cannot withstand his 'slap', that's all http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Goza
Apr 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
The darvants are cake for a borg. Take four dragon/hps, but consider a Resist/Blizzard or two for the first and second form. I've noticed that sometimes if you get stuck near a head on the first form, Falz goes into a freeze and grants loop that pretty much decimates you.

I found that shooting all the darvants as they come out of her mouth worked pretty well, because it kept her occupied. For the second form, you can actually dodge the freeze 50% and I've had maybe 15% success dodging the purple rain attack. You mostly have to stay close and to the sides.

For the final form, you have an edge over hunters with the better gun range, accuracy, and damage. This is where you'll be using scape dolls. If you have the time, keep trying Falz without them to see how far you can get. You don't want to take too few dolls, lose, and not have any left.

KingBee
Apr 29, 2003, 11:37 AM
no no no, you are spending too much money on those stars! and mates! the trick is; start teleporter to falz, then DROP ALL UR MATES on floor, die then return to p2 and Buy MORE mates to hold...cuz falz sux in VH and...RAcast sux at first cuz his HP from lvl 70-lvl 1 is lower than a HUmars...but at lvl 90-??? RAcasts HP goes up by 9 per level...
SOOOO and plus hey all those def mats u used, theres no reason..if you use only even 30 def mats..its no comparison to HP units, especially 40+HP on dragon HP, possibly use 2 general HP, and u can buy them at ur level too.

HaLLa
Apr 29, 2003, 11:52 AM
Find ways to raise your HP.....level or units so on.

If you are having problem with Grants try some Light resist units.

For the first form I would use a Sword (since RAcast can) it hits Falz and those stupid darvants flying around.

Second form just use your most powerful weapon.

Third form I would use the Rifle you have.

Also you might wanna do the mate trick where you lay them and die till you got a lot on the ground.

Elusive_Llama
Apr 29, 2003, 12:27 PM
Oh, and stop feeding your RAcast defense mats! You only have a 150 mat limit and you want to have maxed ATP later in his career. Feed him power mats exclusively, you'll really need them when you hit Ultimate.

Personally, I'd redo the racast and feed him power mats only, relying on the mag for defense at your lower level. Mags can be switched out for other mags. Mat usage is permanent.

Ropponmatsu
Apr 29, 2003, 12:29 PM
Androids start out with low dark and light resistance, if the only thing your having trouble with is surviving Falz's attacks, I suggest a King's Frame or Dragon Frame with high %'s and plenty of slots to use hp, and res items on to increase your res, I beat Hard Falz at lvl 32 because I increased all my res. Light res helps against his 3rd form Grants, Dark helps against his Megid, and you may need to increased res against Ice. Other than that, if your having trouble with his swing attacks, just try and dodge, just so long as you keep moving...

The_Pew
Apr 29, 2003, 12:30 PM
On 2003-04-29 10:29, Ropponmatsu wrote:
Androids start out with low dark and light resistance, if the only thing your having trouble with is surviving Falz's attacks, I suggest a King's Frame or Dragon Frame with high %'s and plenty of slots to use hp, and res items on to increase your res, I beat Hard Falz at lvl 32 because I increased all my res. Light res helps against his 3rd form Grants, Dark helps against his Megid, and you may need to increased res against Ice. Other than that, if your having trouble with his swing attacks, just try and dodge, just so long as you keep moving...

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Whatley
Apr 29, 2003, 01:00 PM
Darvants - I use a rifle.

First Form - I use a shot. You hit the darvants that come out plus falz at the same time. Sometimes if you are close enough you can hit 2 of the heads.

Second Form - I use a rifle.

Third Form - I use a rifle with an element(i.e. shock, freeze, fire, gush) so I can hit falz when he is invulnerable to physical attacks. Lately though, I have been using a Red Scorpio instead of a rifle.

For armor units I usually have 2 Resist/Holy, 1 Ogre/Power++ and a God/Battle when I fight Falz.

I think my armor I was using when I faught Falz on Hard was the level 39 armor(forgot the name of it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ). I was about lvl 40.

fyrewyre
Apr 29, 2003, 02:12 PM
the trick is: Gush beam or sniper and sit back draining hp everytime he feels like hitting back and bring a few mates if you feel like it

Helios
Apr 29, 2003, 02:50 PM
the best thing to do would be to level up and not waste any more money on scape dolls unless you have a chance to beat him.

And i would use a mechgun for him

Cross_Winder
Apr 30, 2003, 06:31 AM
hey im new here but im already reaching lv100 on pso listen about dark falz freezing u and hitting u twice heres a trick when he does use his ice attack stay as close to him as possible and you will only get hit once if u try to run about his ice attack will always definetly hit you more than twice but mechguns and varista's or red handguns are ur best approach to this boss if ur a ranger but makesure u carry alot of mono and dimate's with you since u cant aquire resta on androids

rena-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 06:41 AM
its time for a falz guide in the guide's section i'd say...