PDA

View Full Version : Article: Shred the Darkness Continues (April 24 Update)

EspioKaos
Apr 20, 2009, 08:50 AM
Shred the Darkness (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/dark2009/en/) continues as the second event mission is scheduled to be released (http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=287) this Friday, April 24! "The Big Push" will take Guardians to a RELICS site on Neudaiz where they are tasked with warding off swarms of SEED-Forms and infected creatures to protect the photon generators. Along with this comes an update to the event prologue mission to give details on the new mission, as well as the addition of new weapons and units as item drops.

Come join in the ongoing discussion of this update at the forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162640)!

Update: The official English site has been updated (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20090426a) with this information, revealing the official localized name of the new event mission. Formerly known as "Divine Offensive," the new name is "The Big Push." The news story above has been updated accordingly.

Update: The second version of "The Magashi Plan" is also included in this update.

gratefulgriz
Apr 20, 2009, 03:55 PM
is that true about account id and some type of game issue? I started playing when PSU first came out, would that affect me?

Bunite
Apr 20, 2009, 07:43 PM
the game is completely random when it comes to drops and everyone knows this. Don't go blaming the new players for bad luck. I have been playing this game for 2 years now and i still get nice shiny drops. =) It just depends on luck of the drops. Just my 2 cents as i don't like seeing people who have no control over what happens getting blamed for another person's bad luck.

nirvash12142007
Apr 21, 2009, 01:49 AM
hi i have played this game for over year.
i don't know what setting they are on when the new people get it but if ya want to be more evening disprubuted ya should put it on set in order or put claims to each item ya are looking for. when i have played other mission beside this event the players in the party often name what materials they are looking for and if nobody is calling the same materials it works out find when 2 or more players want the same material we often due something like one run one player gets it the next run the other player gets and so on.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 21, 2009, 04:43 AM
thats usually how i handle it on any online game, its effective plus we get exp and money still

Zahir
Apr 21, 2009, 03:01 PM
While this play format works, remmeber that not everyone has friends on here that can be trusted... one of my cool friends, G8er, he hung with a guy ever since he got the bloody game, I'm guessing over a year they've done runs. Well last night, (Remember these two are would-be "pals" and have been for some time) Doing an S2 run Roar of Flame, His friend, Deandre had asked to see if he could use the Lkk, in exchange for G8er to use the Vijerina / Power. So, they're agreeing to this and all, and as soon as G8er drops the Lkk... BAM He's blacklisted.
Just like that. His most prized possession, gone, from a "Friend" that was with him on the game for practically over a year.
Makes you wonder if an in-game item if worth the friendship, and all that jazz... I hate these guys on Psu, I just wish they all had Heart-attacks.

zakura blade
Apr 21, 2009, 05:51 PM
you no iv been on this game for over 3 something years now and look at how meny ppl still fight n cry waaaaaaa noobs get this waaaaaaaa i never get anything just play or quit but dont just play and comeplan 24/7 or hell go back to the demo dang riffraff

zakura blade
Apr 21, 2009, 06:12 PM
and let me all so add iv meet meny cool ppl and all my friends are the sort of ppl id trst with my real life so in psu there the best of the best sadly meny of them have quit but i dont blame sega for that ppl move on or do other things i just keep looking ahead and try my best to help and show new players the way so lets all keep doing are best on Shred the Darkness and remeber just to have fun

Overlord Zenon
Apr 22, 2009, 06:12 AM
thats also why i'm trying to get my 2 cousins in, and my best friend to join me, so i can form a solid realable party, i'm not saying everyone on the game are asshats, i just see alot of spammers and alot of scammers, we got stores why spam everyone? not like it'll sell faster

Calliope
Apr 22, 2009, 02:47 PM
The Big Push...so lame. Divine Offensive at least sounds much more intrresting, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this.
On the subject of drops, I like Random simply because its all chance. If someone gets somethign you want and are willing to trade for it, coo, if not then better luck next time.
As for the people in the game? Yeah there are jerks, they exist in every game and every place in real life too. I'm not too surprised when someone online steals something from a person they know for a year because real life friends can backstab you. Not everyone, but my point is it happens. Just pick yourself up, admit that person sucks monkeys and just keep going. The good people are worth coming back for, imho. The bad people? Who gives a #@!%, don't let it ruin your game.

ThunderHero
Apr 23, 2009, 06:43 AM
i feel sorry on the fact yopu cant count the game has not been out for 3 years yet lol

ThunderHero
Apr 23, 2009, 06:47 AM
i find the worse people in the gamer are the itam counters!
This is why i always have random and jion partys with it set at random cause i hate jioning a party and all i get is kersline and other bits of lo grade stuff. When party leader is getting loads of 12*+ stuff.
(and yes itam counting is easy to do and i feel sorry for the people who use it)
another point is it just me or dose this hole event sounds like a @&% joke with the misson and event names.

Neith
Apr 23, 2009, 01:53 PM
The Big Push sounds like something you'd hear in a maternity ward. I guess that fits well with 'Illusionary Shaft' though.

zakura blade
Apr 23, 2009, 03:24 PM
the big push here it comes its a boy.......oh its just sega ^^

KittyCatSlut
Apr 24, 2009, 01:19 AM
this should be fun :O

Rapping Rappy
Apr 24, 2009, 03:57 AM
I can tell you this 99 % of the time I run with others I get nothing of gr8 value I have seen people get Red knights Psycho Wand Boards and every other Gr8 item in this game,during the first part of this event I ran it over 1000 times I never got anything better than a Grinder base S I ran with friends and none friends alike they got the psycho,s and other gr8 items I played the Bonus 20 times died 5 times but never got anything good my friend plays it and get the jackpot items.I still love the game but cant for the life of me guess why my luck is soooo bad,I had mega holy 3 times and still nothing others had mid holy and got the goods,I guess PSU is not lucky for me..PS I did play on S2 and on A in bonus for what it is worth?

SStrikerR
Apr 24, 2009, 03:49 PM
Luck doesnt affect your chances of getting rare items.
I'm unlucky too.

Dark Phoenix5
Apr 28, 2009, 11:52 PM
its even worse when you open the box or kill an enemy and get a rare but it goes to someone else.That ruins the fun.I would like to play on give finder but it seems like when i do everyone tries to rush and take all of the megi-spheres.lol I'm just an unlucky person all around.I sometimes get soooo mad i just play by myself, but it seems nothing at all drops then and i spent an hour of my life getting nothin but vestaline and vulcaline.