PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Ideas for a new PSO

Yoda86
Apr 28, 2003, 07:41 PM
I was just interested as to see what anyone could come up with for new ideas for weapons in any upcoming PSO games except the card battle one.

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 28, 2003, 07:47 PM
Hasn't this topic already been posted? Well anyways I was thinking maybe something like a mace class, I would try that out.

Droxitr
Apr 28, 2003, 07:58 PM
Ooh an Unarmed class of weapons... it always looks SO cool to see my RAcast run up to a rappy and kick, punch, then back-hand it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Too bad it has crap speed and damage.

Norix69
Apr 28, 2003, 08:00 PM
Crossbow/Bow class that would be soo cool!

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 28, 2003, 08:14 PM
Ooh an Unarmed class of weapons... it always looks SO cool to see my RAcast run up to a rappy and kick, punch, then back-hand it.

Too bad it has crap speed and damage.
They already do, I even found one, an Angry Fist, although that is not the best one (I think).

Huntley
Apr 28, 2003, 08:20 PM
I think a bow and arrow would be cool

s3rial_one
Apr 28, 2003, 08:28 PM
I'd like to see them redo claws; you know, make them something other than the worst class of weapons in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I'd also like to see actual special effects... like have heatswords have glowing blades, and flame swords have flaming blades; give PSO the same attention to detail that Retro Studios did with Metroid Prime.

Speaking of which, modular units for androids would be cool, too. Kind of like the Burst Rocket and Positron Bolt Wren had in PS4.

Armor that changes appearance? That'd be a nice touch, too.

As for specific weapons, arm-mounted blasters, real machineguns, energy whips, and ranged weapons like RPGs, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and direct-fire energy weapons that had a blast radius would be cool, too. I also like mighty and noir's ideas of maces and bows/crossbows. Especially if the crossbows could carry different munitions. Actually, the guns should be able to do that, too; instead of having the sort of heat/ice/dim kind of attributes melee weapons do, give guns armor-piercing and high explosive and plasma and APSD kinds of munitions that the user can change on the fly.

...and maybe break away from that combo attack bit as it currently stands; model it more after a fighter than the boring 1-2-3 bit we have now.

Huntley
Apr 28, 2003, 08:38 PM
i think we need new combos attack instead of the three-string attaack

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 28, 2003, 09:17 PM
it would be cool if u had a class of weopons that shoots a photon beam, not those crappy creatures and that *EDIT* rainbow background but like a real beem of electricity or something.

It also be cool instead of getting lucky and finding a creature part that if u use a certain weopon and hit the creature in the right spot that part would fall off and the creature would either die or u would have to kill it, it also be cool if they had real weopons, like a real Sniper rifle or all the bullet guns would get real bullets.
I can just keep making more up this is fun.
one more i have, laser sights on guns and laser guns.

***Please respect the forum rules. Do not use certain terms in a derogatory manner. ~dj_dan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dj_dan on 2003-04-28 19:56 ]</font>

shiznitty
Apr 28, 2003, 09:50 PM
dude, i agree with the combos, that would make pso a lot better. why cant those ppl even hit over 3 times?

cajun
Apr 29, 2003, 12:35 PM
I think it would be cool if they had a whip weapon. that would be cool it could only hit one guy but from a great distance.

Elvendar
Apr 29, 2003, 12:53 PM
Piercing-type swords and daggers. Thin, but long, as a sword would be. You'd thrust instead of slash http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Some sort of ninja sword- straight bladed katana.

Axe class weapon made out of metal, not victor axe.

A Xena-type ring to throw at your enemies, like a card class weapon.

Shadow_Templar
May 1, 2003, 11:51 PM
They should also make a type of whip/grappling hook thing like on Gundam Wing's Epyon and Tallgeese III.