PDA

View Full Version : Article: Guardians Advanced Content Update Instructions and New Missions

Ryna
Jul 20, 2010, 09:04 AM
The Xbox 360 servers went offline at approximately 7:00 pm PST last night so the Guardians Advanced Content update (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20100719a) could be implemented. When the servers come back online, all players will be required to delete Ambition of the Illuminus and download a new version of it. Here are more details instructions from the Phantasy Star Universe website:

Following successful implementation of the GUARDIANS Advanced Content, servers will go back online and notices will be posted on www.phantasystaruniverse.com.

At this time all users can delete their current copy of Ambition of the Illuminus from their Xbox 360 HDD.

Under your PSU Gamer Tag, go to the "Game Add-Ons" section of Xbox Live and re-download the Ambition of the Illuminus expansion (listed under "P", for "Phantasy Star Universe").

Download the AOTI expansion!

In addition, the following new missions will be made available to players:

Plains Overlord /R

Demons Above /R

Desert Terror /R

Security Department Exhcange (exchange/upgrade mission)

Security Department Standby (exchange/upgrade mission)

Security Department Drop-off (exchange/upgrade mission)

This update has been a long time coming, but it looks very promising. Hopefully it will be implemented without any problems. After the servers come back online, be sure to share your feedback in our Phantasy Star Universe forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26).

Update: It is strongly advised that you wait until maintenance is over to download the new version of Ambition of the Illuminus. Edward, a Sega GM, posted the following (http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=335455) on the Sega forums:

"Some of you may already be able to download the new version of AOTI from the Xbox Live Marketplace. You are free to do so, however please note that until the update process is complete and servers are live, we can't guarantee that the version of AOTI you are downloading is the newest version, which will be compatible with online mode and GUARDIANS Advanced Content. It takes time for all regions to be populated with the current download so please be advised that even if the Marketplace description of AOTI is updated, the download itself may not yet be."
Update: The servers are now online!

xSEGAxMANx
Jul 20, 2010, 12:59 PM
I realize that i had to download it today... my friend IMAN11 was able to download AOTI again, i got myne to 99% then it just seems like its stuck at 99%... anyone have any tips? does anyone else have this problem??? or is it just me and a few others?
is this the same problem edward was talking about?

xSEGAxMANx
Jul 20, 2010, 01:06 PM
Also if i started my download of AOTI before the serbvers are up, BUT i stop the download at 97% and download the rest wen the servers are back up? and hoefully be able to get back online? cuz like i said... my download is at 99% and wont go higher... im thinking this is because the servers are down atm... anyone have any suggestions?

TwistedDragon
Jul 20, 2010, 01:23 PM
I downloaded it from the XBox Dashboard and the file size was 1.92 GB. Apparently it isn't the correct file, despite what the description says! Go to the link I listed below and download the correct AOTI which file size is 1.94 GB.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/0ccf0001-0000-4000-8000-0000534507e3
Okay So maybe you got as far as to download it but since the servers aren't up you are out of luck. The biggest tip is just to be patient guys.

Higgins
Jul 20, 2010, 01:53 PM
Seriously, I waited and extra month so Sega could put an incorrect file up for download on the dashboard. Sega, if you can see this comment then I want you to know that you fucking suck.

xerc03r
Jul 20, 2010, 02:15 PM
have they actually released a time??? so sick of waiting.

-XxDannyBroxX-
Jul 20, 2010, 04:11 PM
i was finally able to downloaD It but there was nothing there

Tenchi-Misaki
Jul 20, 2010, 11:59 PM
Dont know about u guys but I downloaded it and played the game with the update with no problems. Like it said, "delete it and redownload it from the marketplace"

zandra117
Jul 22, 2010, 01:25 AM
INB4LOLROLLBACK because it always happens.

Overlord Zenon
Jul 23, 2010, 02:40 AM
time to come back, and get the last achievment ive been putting off for so long and finally beat the game, maybe hang around for a bit and complete a character