PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 High-Resolution Gameplay Video

Ryna
Apr 28, 2011, 08:34 AM
The Japanese Phantasy Star Online 2 webpage was updated today with a high-resolution version of the video first seen at Infinity Gran Prix Event. To view the video, go to the Phantasy Star Online 2 webpage (http://pso2.jp/), scroll to the bottom, and click on the "Movie" link. Alternatively, you can view the movie directly at this link (http://pso2.jp/teaser/swf/movie.swf). Even if you watched the original video from a few days ago, this version is definitely worth looking at. It gives a clean, detailed look at the character designs, storyline, user interface, and gameplay footage for Rangers and Hunters.

You can share your reaction to this video in our Phantasy Star Online 2 forum (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42).

Update: Vashyron (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=47615) has uploaded the high-resolution video on to Youtube.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pcE1ZMt-kss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vashyron
Apr 28, 2011, 08:55 AM
I uploaded a Youtube version if anyone prefers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcE1ZMt-kss

r00tabaga
Apr 28, 2011, 08:57 AM
Youtube video is much better btw. Ok, so WHAT'S UP WITH THE HUNTER METER?!? I noticed the white ball flashing above the 3 action buttons and it wasn't there for the RA. Anyone have a guess why it builds? Is it like a PSPo2 chain system that only melee can build???

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 28, 2011, 11:06 AM
Thanks a lot Vashyron!

Endu_Landale
Apr 28, 2011, 11:25 AM
the flashing over the actions indicate the buttons being used, kinda like in PSO where a glowing ring goes around whatever combo you push. The RA actually did flash once before shooting which leads me to believe he's holding the button down as you can see he's going at it full-auto.

Endu_Landale
Apr 28, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the awesome upload Vashyron!!! :) I didn't think I could drop a load of rainbows in my pants twice in the same week, but I did...Double Rainbow, what does it mean!?!?!?!?

MegaZoneXE
Apr 28, 2011, 11:37 AM
RAnewearl?

Infiniteque
Apr 28, 2011, 12:13 PM
That's sort of like PS Zero then where.. when you hold it down the action becomes something else? At least I think that's how PS Zero Photon Arts work (I just started playing it last night).

Infiniteque
Apr 28, 2011, 12:16 PM
I'm getting the word out now with everyone I know. I might even pay for my brother's HL just to be sure he gets online with this.
I really... really want this game. Like it's gone beyond hype..

r00tabaga
Apr 28, 2011, 12:55 PM
look a little more closely...there is a meter that is filling with the number 1 in it. The icons flicker when used, the white flash is on the meter. Only shows for hunters.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 28, 2011, 03:33 PM
im still iffy on the game in general, it has alot to live up to, to be good, i hope theres alot of character customization still like PSU had, but still include alot of different armors to wear etc, cause the more diversity it has the better imo

Ovada
Apr 28, 2011, 04:16 PM
lol, you beat me to it. That's all I was thinking as I watched the video ^^;

Hatrix
Apr 28, 2011, 04:58 PM
The last combo the ranger did looks like a PA rapid fire + explosion, looks fun =O

Endu_Landale
Apr 28, 2011, 05:56 PM
PB meter? :p

Kendrik
Apr 28, 2011, 07:28 PM
Ugh. So. Hyped. :O

Dhylec
Apr 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
The HQ video makes the actions & scenes clearer. Looks very promising so far.

Akaimizu
Apr 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Hmm. Though I saw the other video, I see they make the gunner a girl with pink hair and pigtails. I tell you. The coincidence factor is just mounting up. Sega has to be monitoring my PSU gaming. :) Now, I'm gonna have to make up some new fresh ideas to see if they also coincidentally end up in a Phantasy Star video or release.

Benj38
Apr 29, 2011, 01:58 AM
it seems to be a really good start. design of monsters sucks a little, I hope they will manage to rebuilt the success of the PSO license, and bury once and for all that damn PSU one...

NeoN247
Apr 29, 2011, 04:17 AM
Loved PSO, played PSU and am so ready for a return to form with PSO2, i hope it delivers what we all sorely want. Gonna try and get as many people as possible in on this, looks very promising so far.

Pioneer1111
Apr 29, 2011, 05:37 AM
I can't wait to see the Techniques and their system for them

Aeiku
Apr 29, 2011, 06:43 AM
You and me both mate.

r00tabaga
Apr 29, 2011, 07:25 AM
PB meter appears underneath the larger HP & PP meters. I'm more interested in finding out what the meter that is just above the 3 action buttons at the bottom of the screen is. It builds in a chain fashion, but only for the hunter in the video. It flashes differently than the action keys and has a numerical value too. Where's Ruby when you need 'em?

Endu_Landale
Apr 29, 2011, 10:17 AM
I could've sworn on on of the images there was something fiery looking on the HUmar's action bar. Well if that's not the case the TP is kind of a big deal. I hope that means they went back to the PSO root of techs rather than the weapon-tied ones in PSU... but they also could've gone the PSP2 route.

fishface60
Apr 29, 2011, 12:11 PM
It could be for the combo system, you wait until the bar hits the middle and you get a better attack, if it hits either side then it doesn't. Rune Factory for Wii had something like it in the crafting system.

Pioneer1111
Apr 29, 2011, 02:20 PM
I hope they went back to PSO</br>
and I don't know anything about the PSP games...</br></br>
But I had meant the animations of the spells

ExKingKizi
Apr 30, 2011, 12:27 AM
Mags? Where are you mag? I miss you mag!

Iecur
Apr 30, 2011, 03:44 AM
My thoughts exactly.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 30, 2011, 06:40 AM
overhyped more like

Reksanden
Apr 30, 2011, 07:35 PM
Rangers look awsome here- I might try one besides being a hunter.

BWS-1
May 1, 2011, 11:59 AM
And I was afraid they wouldn't be bringing anything near Blade & Soul and Tera.. looks like I was wrong! Long live PSO2!

Brian
May 1, 2011, 12:16 PM
Yeah, they better include mags! I'm hoping they just haven't added them yet...

VertigoZero
May 1, 2011, 09:40 PM
omg iv been waiting for this! :D

N.i.r.v.a.n.a.
May 2, 2011, 12:32 AM
Yes! I cant believe its coming out! So excited for this!

Dhylec
May 3, 2011, 09:26 AM
PSO2 is incomplete without Force & techs, aka magic.

Overlord Zenon
May 4, 2011, 08:03 AM
what we want? dont get ahead yet, remember sega does whatever it pleases, we could be looking at a hybred of pso and psu together gameplay wise

EtherMazor
May 4, 2011, 06:15 PM
this looks AMAZING! i loved teh phantasy star series (even psu) and i cannot wait for this. would 6-player multi work out this time around?

BanF
May 6, 2011, 11:28 AM
Weren't the ARKS the second player faction in the best-forgotten PSO EP3? Also, I see no Beasts, but since we don't see Techers either....

RadXXL
May 7, 2011, 02:33 AM
Something ive been wating for since Ver.2 Cant wait

Orochinagi
May 7, 2011, 02:38 AM
I think the Force was the girl with the dress on. However, she didn't seem to be doing much in the video.

Danny_Dark
May 13, 2011, 06:58 AM
PSO 2.....Hmph...

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
May 15, 2011, 11:53 AM
I'm really liking the music, quite a throwback to the PSO music i fell in love with,

SpooMcFoxx
May 16, 2011, 10:35 AM
Personally, PSO EP3 is a well-remembered chapter in the series based on the merits of it's soundtrack alone. "Tower of Caelum", anyone?

Vandrell
May 16, 2011, 12:28 PM
I really hope a english version comes out... it will be the first PC game i get in to.

Overlord Zenon
May 16, 2011, 11:08 PM
isnt the music olga flow's battle theme?

Vandrell
May 17, 2011, 05:18 PM
I hope this has battle mode... :)

striker0
May 18, 2011, 03:18 AM
The in-game footage is really impressive. For a moment there, I was having a hard time disguising the in-game from the cut scene. I think I will have to give my other hobbies a break just so I can afford a new rig to play this game on, because my current pc wouldn't be able to handle it at all. And unless I'm mistaken, the date showed 5/20, so I'm guessing this game goes live on that date or something.

Endu_Landale
May 18, 2011, 11:30 AM
That's when they drawn the names for wh's going to be in the Alpha testing.

Balmont
May 31, 2011, 07:23 PM
Any idea when and or if this will be comeing out in the U.S?

Ikari85
Jun 2, 2011, 03:44 AM
Super excited! Dreamcast Version 1 and 2, GC eps 1, 2, 3 and BB player here so I am very happy for this game!!!! Can't wait!

Magician4
Jun 3, 2011, 01:33 PM
After not coming on this site for a good 3 years or so I come back to see this. I am not about to get too excited but I have high hopes for this game. I hope it turns out good with a good amount of content to live on and I hope that it's on numerous platforms.

Finalzone
Jul 21, 2011, 04:25 AM
I have been away for a while since the demise of North America PSU server. Here is my comments about PSO2:
- About time
- Like the new design
- More customization of characters i.e. expanded version of Phantasy Star Universe including voices.
- Lets hope Beast will return
- Please no more separate servers for Japan and oversea, that was the most retarded decision and that factor mainly doomed PSU from the beginning. Take lesson of FFXI.
- Sega America better not screw up this one
- Gameplay style from PSU are back and seems to be improved
- Please make cities more interactive
- Dearest wish, make it available for both Mac and PC (Windows and Linux)
- I keep my expectation low because the concept is very good, the execution was extremely bad