PDA

View Full Version : Online/Offline and the rare few.

SpellBoy
Apr 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
Okay, I understand that any event items like the Easter Egg, etc can't be found offline. But what about the standard rares? Is there any basic items that are no-go as far as offline goes.

Has anyone noticed that the %'s for items seem to get funky offline? So far it's been a barren as winter in my game. Feh.

Dime
Apr 29, 2003, 12:48 AM
What difficulty are you on?

Edit: Did you just say FEH? AW HELL NO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dime on 2003-04-28 22:49 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Apr 29, 2003, 12:52 AM
If it comes from an online quest, it's not available offline. All the enemy drops are the same, though if rumor is right you need to be online to get the Olga Flow gene.

SpellBoy
Apr 29, 2003, 12:54 AM
AH HELL NO? Umm..okay. What's wrong with 'feh'?

I'm dicing around on Hard and V. Hard right now. I know there are some playful bits I can get in those modes. I seem to find more toys online. Group play and all. A pair of functional Yamatos are now mine thanks to opening up a few private games. Good, but there is indeed better. I need some decent armor, I'd even take Stink Frame. I'm not Yellowboze, but I seem to find most the Pinkal Enemy Part drops. *shrugs*

SpellBoy
Apr 29, 2003, 12:57 AM
Curious if this new quest has any nice gear...like those delicious RINGS! I want the Pink Ring very badly. Support the Section ID, get a ring.

I can imagine the day when we have Red Ring h8x0rl337. *chuckles*

BigT
Apr 29, 2003, 02:49 PM
how come you can get magic rock moola but not parasitic gene flow. you get it from olga flow , right? so you should be able to get it from the same thing offline!

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 29, 2003, 03:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, my parents wont let me go online right now, im so messed up now, i cant find olga flows DNA are u positive u cant find Parasetic gene " Flow " offline?

Stalfos333
Apr 29, 2003, 04:26 PM
It is my understanding that to get the DNA, you must beat Olga Flow (with the red weapons?) and then return to his den. There, Flowen's "Ghost" will be waiting, and his disappearance will yield the DNA in VERY RARE cases. You can't return to the lair offline, so you're out of luck.

Dime
Apr 29, 2003, 06:39 PM
feh justs sounds stupid. Like something a retarded kid would sit around 5 minutes for quietly then blurt out.

No offense.

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 29, 2003, 06:45 PM
That sounds like a kid who sits on his butt all day and thinks about this game all day would make up.
No offense or anything it just does.

skylimit0
May 10, 2003, 12:25 PM
Can double sabers and the real flowen sword be found offline?

Reenee
May 10, 2003, 12:52 PM
Here, let me simplify it:

If it is a prize in an online-only quest, you can't get it offline. 'Nuff said.

There aren't rare items that are "online-only".

If that's still too hard to figure out, just go to the item findings database that's in this very site. Everything you see there can be found offline.

Oh, and I don't know who said it, but there's no such thing as a Pink Ring. There are:

Blue Ring
Red Ring
White Ring
Purple Ring
Green Ring
Black Ring
Yellow Ring

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-10 10:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-05-10 10:55 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
May 10, 2003, 01:37 PM
there is no confirmed or verified way of finding the parisitic gene flow. any methods right now are just rumors

Kupi
May 10, 2003, 07:28 PM
"Feh," as I have heard it used, has always been an expression of annoyance. It's never struck me as something someone of lesser intelligence would come up with... unless, of course, they were annoyed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif