PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 Character Creator Released

Ryna
Apr 5, 2012, 10:01 AM
The Japanese Phantasy Star Online 2 character creator and system benchmarking program was released earlier today. It is available for download from the Japanese website (http://download.pso2.jp/PSO2_CC.zip). It can also be downloaded from the 4gamer mirror (http://www.4gamer.net/games/120/G012075/20120330045/link.html?http://file.4gamer.net/demo/PSO2_Chara_Create_Trial_V1_00.zip). The download is 446 MB.

Credit goes to Mike (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=290) for bringing us this news. You can share screenshots of your characters in this forum thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193902).

PSOWii
Apr 5, 2012, 11:54 AM
I tried the character creater and was impressed by the massive collection of the costumization ability. It's a shame i don't speak japanese. WARNING: The FIFTH button up from the bottom is a randomizer, and if your like me and am aimlessly pressing buttons to figure out there purpose then most likely you'll hit it and have to start all over. :P I do like that they added a benchmark tool to give you an idea as to how smooth it'll play on your computer.

BWS-1
Apr 5, 2012, 12:10 PM
Na, you should be fine. Try ctrl+z, it works in the creator ;)

sankosa
Apr 5, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm having a problem with unresponsiveness. put simply, it's lagging out the hoop. has anyone else had that problem, or is it just because my computer can't handle the graphics? if it's a problem with the graphics, how do i turn the settings down so i can run it?

PSOWii
Apr 5, 2012, 02:34 PM
I suffered 0 Lag.
i7-3960x
32GB Ram
1GB Radeon 6770
I have 3x 1GB Radeon 6770 but the benchmark gave me the same score with 1 and with all 3 running.
My Benchmark scored a 4451.
Does you computer meet the minimum requirements?
As for changing graphics settings i couldn't tell you. I looked all over the settings area and can't find anything that i can disurn as graphics controls. It's possible that they havn't implemented them yet.

sankosa
Apr 5, 2012, 02:55 PM
I'm almost certain it does. of course, it is a laptop from almost five years ago, so that might be part of it. looks like I'll need to upgrade the frag out of it after all.

viewtifulbo
Apr 5, 2012, 05:43 PM
I just finished making a FOnewm!! Can't wait for this game to be announced for the US and everywhere else!

BlackRaiden
Apr 5, 2012, 10:17 PM
If spending the whole afternoon till now playing with the demo mean anything its that I really needed some PSO2 in my system XD... Outside of a few nitpicks here and there it was pretty good though I'm going to need a new laptop/computer cause my poor machine failed the Test miserably XD...

PSOWii
Apr 6, 2012, 12:02 AM
We need to send a collective message to SEGA Japan and asking for an area to test drive our new characters. Maybe a small battle island to try out character movement with basic equipment and weapons. A creature or two to kill on the test island would be great too. Anyone agree? If so, then follow my lead and send them a message. http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psportal/pso2/msg/

Noxia
Apr 6, 2012, 02:15 AM
I created a Pouny !! O.O a very Pouny !!
I'm pounyfied (^.^)

Aki_Yoruno
Apr 6, 2012, 03:30 AM
What the freak is a Pouny?

Indignation Judgment
Apr 6, 2012, 06:28 AM
I scored 879 on the Test. Is that supossed to mean I can run the real game when it comes out?

PSOWii
Apr 6, 2012, 11:08 AM
ouch. what were you Frames per second? My score was 4451 running at 70-80/fps.

Indignation Judgment
Apr 6, 2012, 12:13 PM
29-30.

Magical Trevor
Apr 6, 2012, 12:45 PM
8391 at about 100 fps most of the test. I am running a single HD5770 on a 6 core. BTW is the test only in 720p windowed?
EDIT: Nvm found it. ran 60 fps @1080p full.

Mizumi323
Apr 6, 2012, 03:18 PM
The new character design interface is amazing... o.O;
And now they're making me think twice about making a Hunter instead of a Force...

FOmarJaochim
Apr 6, 2012, 04:56 PM
God, this is amazing! It's what I've been dreaming about and needing since PSU. I'd seen vids, but to be able to go at it myself...and the music sounds so wonderfully promising. PSU was fun an all, but I was disappointed with so many things. And PSO had such a beautiful soundtrack by comparison. This looks to be making up for everything!
'Twould've been handy to know a bit of Japanese, but hey; trial and error.
2013 come on, come on!

LChaos2
Apr 6, 2012, 06:44 PM
When you open the client from your Desktop shortcut, a window should appear with 4 buttons, the 3rd being grayed out. Click the second button to open settings.
The window that you see is the graphics settings tab. There should be a bar that goes from 1 to 5, with 3 being defaulted. This is where you adjust the quality. If you are lagging, slide it to a lower number.
Now that you are done, click on the bottom right-most button, you should get a japanese confirmation window with 3 buttons. Click the left one to save your settings.

LChaos2
Apr 6, 2012, 06:45 PM
Blargh, I can't get sound to work... Though, the visuals are just fine.

thekkeffect
Apr 6, 2012, 10:55 PM
this is awesome!..the benchmark is nice too. i got around a 7200 which is not bad im guessing..haha

Lance813
Apr 6, 2012, 11:26 PM
Mike, I just want to say thank you for all of the wonderful work that you've done for the PSOW community. So, yeah... Thanks!
:wacko:

Overlord Zenon
Apr 7, 2012, 07:22 AM
I only scored 11k at 40-50 fps, on an i7 quad core 4 gigs of ram, it runs, and dont forgot, the graphics by default is medium, you can change how intense it is

PSOWii
Apr 7, 2012, 09:26 AM
What graphic cards are you running?

thekkeffect
Apr 7, 2012, 04:59 PM
i have a gtx 560 oc'd, but after i changed the settings n ran the benchmark again i got around 4500 or so. ran about 60fps average.

Midoori
Apr 8, 2012, 01:18 AM
Wish I could get this to work :( it just crashes after it shows all the logos I've tried lowering it to 1 but it didn't help.

JRDeBo
Apr 8, 2012, 11:56 AM
On 3 I get about a score of 1k (averaging 30FPS) and on 1 I get a score of about 4K (60FPS). Not great, but considering how old my computer is, I'll take it as long as I can play.

garjian
Apr 8, 2012, 12:13 PM
All i get is crashes...
Character Creation and FPS test dont work at all :/

Hayde
Apr 8, 2012, 03:28 PM
I just ran the benchmark on default settings and let it just go for the entire duration--ended up with a score of 36,500--something with an average FPS of 150+.

This was on the default setting of "3"; I hope it doesn't come out as a "bragging"post--I just wanted to give people a rough estimation of how high the numbers can get; the following is my computer specs:

i7 2600k 3.4 GHZ overclocked to 4.0 GHZ

1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD
8GB 1600MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM
EVGA NVidia Geforce 560ti Super OC DS (this can be further overclocked, but one of my two fans on the GPU is malfunctioning at higher temperatures so I'm waiting for an RMA card before I try doing anything risky).

As you can see, while this rig has been able to run most games (lol, not you FFXIV!) at max settings...it is far from being an 'uber' rig; could use an 120GB SSD (or any for that matter), maybe another 8GB of RAM to bling out the rig (yeah I know, no real beneficial gain), and a 570/680 to really flesh things out.

Finally, but not least...ran the benchmark again at "5" and got a score of 21,770 with an average FPS of 120.

For those who have yet to run the benchmark, or want to build a rig specifically for this game--well, here you go. These are my specs...not sure if I ran the benchmark right--the number seems way off compared to a majority of people, but then again I have no idea how the hardware looks for others.

Happy Easter!

- Hayde

thekkeffect
Apr 8, 2012, 06:26 PM
everyone should be running the game fine with a dual-core a decent video card n atleast 4gb ram..game is not a power house so it shouldnt need the best specs..if u can get an average of 30fps then ur fine if ur lower then u def need to upgrade either ur vid card or processor..if it helps out maybe they can run a game booster to free up some ram. n close down stuff u dont use maybe that helps abit. n happy easter!..haha

NitroPenguinz
Apr 9, 2012, 08:01 PM
yea me too It just says the program stops working then shuts down =[

striker0
Apr 9, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I defiantly need to upgrade my computer. I couldn't even get the creator to run in the first place. Ah well, at least I know this one won't handle it before buying the game.

Overlord Zenon
Apr 10, 2012, 09:52 AM
I wonder if the game actually needs a 64 bit capable cpu, we'll know eventually what the offical specs are

Fontes
Apr 10, 2012, 07:40 PM
My cheap rig:

Processor: Pentium D (dual core) E5700 @3Ghz

Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870

RAM: 8GB DDR3

The following scores are for all settings, and the FPS often go higher than what I mention here. Those are just average values.

Setting 1: 18540 benchmark, FPS at 160.

Setting 2: 6418 benchmark, FPS at 120.

Setting 3: 4701 benchmark, FPS at 90.

Setting 4: 1889 benchmark, FPS at 60.

Setting 5: 1768 benchmark, FPS at 50.

Personally, I'm more than satisfied with those numbers. To me, anything above 30 FPS is concern-free, and the game already looks nice on the lowest setting. And my rig is nothing spectacular (by spectacular, I mean expensive), so to anyone who'll probably need to buy a new machine, fear not, you won't need a 4-digit budget, or anything remotely close to that. Games these days are more in need of a nice graphics card, not a processor. And you can get an ATI 6770 for relatively cheap, these days.

As for the character creation, I found it to succeed my expectations. Already seen videos, but nothing compares to trying it for yourself. And yes... implementing Ctrl+Z is undoubtedly a genious move.

slave2pso
Apr 11, 2012, 02:10 AM
Nice. How much did the CPU and GPU cost ?
Sure, that's a nice barometer for the type of rig we should aim for, but if it's gonna be extremely expensive, then I don't see the need to mention it. It would fall under the obvious assumption that: if you spend a crap-ton of money on your PC, you're gonna get stellar results in your games... duh.
But anyway, congratulations to you, and happy belated Easter.

Kenrokuen
Apr 12, 2012, 04:02 AM
My computer :
Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Quad-Core A6-3410MX APU 1,6 GHz, 8 Go DDR3 HD Radeon 6755G2
Why did I get only 623 benchmark with settings 2 at best (average fps ~25-30) ? :o
It seems that the benchmark only detect my second graphic card at the end (HD 6520G)
(sorry for my poor english)

Kenrokuen
Apr 12, 2012, 05:24 AM
after a test on my old computer I have more than 8000 points (even if the computer is less powerful) :s

Fontes
Apr 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
Maybe that's it. Your HD 6520, all things considered, is a mid/low range card. Thus, even if it's recent, it doesn't have what it takes for gaming.</br>
</br>
Here's a benchmark comparison between your 6520 and my 4870:</br>
</br>
ATI HD 6520G (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+6520G)</br>
ATI HD 4870 (http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+4870)</br>
</br>
Like I previously said, a good graphics card is pretty much all one needs to play a game, these days. The rest of your components should give no problem whatsoever. Also, respect for having an AMD processor. ;)</br>
</br>
My advice? Get rid of that 6520, it's not doing anything besides sucking electricity out of your power supply. Your 6755 will do the job just fine on it's own, either for PSO2, or anything else, for that matter.</br>
</br>
Hope that turned out useful for ye. Lemme know if you got better results! ^^</br>
</br>
PS: Your english is fine, don't worry about it. ^^

hiyall
Apr 13, 2012, 12:30 AM
hey! dont sweat it. you will run the game perfectly fine :) i play high end games with 30 fps all the time. all you need to do to get smooth performance is turn down the resolution a lot and if you want, increase the game priorty.

hiyall
Apr 13, 2012, 12:32 AM
make sure you are not running in full screen cause it will crash. also, make sure your computer is up todate

Fontes
Apr 13, 2012, 08:32 PM
!!!Attention!!!

To those who are getting rather low scores, try lowering your screen resolution (for PSO2, not your PCs)! This may seem ridiculous, but I switched from 1280x720 to 1024x600, and I got a 50% increase on my scores!

Barely had 1900 points on setting 4, and now I almost have 3000! For settings 3, I got myself over 6500, when I previously had 4700-something.

And to be honest, the game's still stunning with that res. I might keep it when the full game comes out. I personally prefer to play MMOs in window mode, so I can look up info, and the like, so this one doesn't bother me one bit. ^^

PSOWii
Apr 14, 2012, 03:46 AM
!!!!!! A better ATTENTION !!!!!!!
CLosed Beta e-mails have been sent out!!!!
I got mine and i look forward to testing!!!!

Mantra1039
Apr 14, 2012, 12:40 PM
Just got mine!!!!!!!! So sweet! can't really understand the details within the email, so if anyone manages to translate the Japanese post it!!

Kuneko
Apr 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
That's not it, I am the same as him, if you want to know, he has two graphic devices, one is the graphic card, it's his ATI, the other one is the graphic chipset, the both serves to different things, the graphic card is here for the programms "heavy" like the games, and the chipset for the other things, like desktop, internet browser and so on, it's kind of a recent system which uses two different graphic devices at the same time, so if he desactivate his HD 6520, his screen will be black and he will have to reboot the computer. And the bug is, in certain games (like Steam, or here, PSO 2, the games only recognise the graphic chipset (which is weak, for exemple mine is 58 Mb, while my video card is 1 Gb) and so the game is laggy, but you can tell by your graphic card control panel to "force" the use of the graphic card for PSO 2, so the game will not be laggy. But there is one more problem, because he uses the graphic card but still recognizing the chipset as the graphic device used, so the game is kind of...forces the fps and other settings to slow down even if it's the graphic card used. That's why him and I, have both suffisant settings to permit PSO 2 to run with at least 80-90 fps constant, but the game is always running at 20-30 and we have low benchmark.
If you want to know, when my graphic card is recognized and fully fonctionning without limiters, I can run Grand Theft Auto 4 and Skyrim with max settings and the games are running perfectly fine with 90-110 fps for me, so I refuse to admit I can't run PSO 2 more than 25 - 30 fps all the time with medium settings.
That's why it's a little annoying to see people with worse configuration than me (and him apparently) obtaining a much better score like 4000 + while I can only achieve 600 because of the f***** stupid computer which can't recognize I have what it takes to run the game perfectly.
PS: Sorry for my bad english too, I'm not english :p

Fontes
Apr 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ah, it appears I have misunderstood the situation. I thought he had 2 DEDICATED graphic cards on his PC. I'm more used to intel-compatible motherboards, which led me to not think that his chipset would have an ATI chip.</br>
</br>
My mistake, and I apologize for it.</br>
</br>
Still, as you said, there must be a way to deactivate the chipset graphics, and set the graphics card to be used by default. Maybe something in the BIOS, or in Windows' Device Manager? This is why I'd rather have only one graphics device. Less trouble to deal with when crap like this happens.</br>
</br>
PS: No prob, english ain't my native language, either. :P

PSOWii
Apr 14, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hint. goto google and at the top select 'more' and 'translate'. copy and paste the email and it will translate for you.

Mantra1039
Apr 16, 2012, 02:05 AM
lol thanks T_T i was looking for a little more accurate translation... Anyway I saw the forum thread which got me through the download and set up.

Jepp027
Apr 16, 2012, 11:39 PM
I have an older PC. 7 years I think. My speeds were 2 FPS and a score of 5. Time for an upgrade?

Kuneko
Apr 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
Well I succeed to make the game recognizing my graphic card by updating the drivers, and now I have a score of 6474 on setting 3, pretty much good I think.
But there's something I find strange, I have the impression there's only the first setting which is grealty different, to me, the settings 2-3-4-5 are pretty much the same. There's is only the setting 1 without "metal aspect, angles, no grain, and no reflection on mettalic parts". So I think I will stay at setting 3, but setting 2 wouldn't be such a difference. Also I have the impression the test is extrem, there are rain, lots of ennemies, 3 characters running, many different cameras angles, explosions. Maybe it's safe to say taht when the game will come out, it will be smoothier than that (and after all, a game running above 30 fps is perfectly playable).

hiyall
Apr 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
hey! i can help you get more FPS without any upgrades as long as you have dual cores in your computer. first start up the game launcher, then select the 2nd tab below the first one that starts the game. slide the slider down to 1, head over to the 2nd tab that is availible in the settings. turn down your resolution all the way. now click the button on the bottom right corner and 3 tabs will come up. click the first one and launch the game. let me know how it goes

hiyall
Apr 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
.sorry. for this extra comment of waste of space

NitroPenguinz
Apr 19, 2012, 06:26 PM
hey i know you go to the website and click o something but what? everything is in jp and google will only translate text and not images with text in them

Fontes
Apr 20, 2012, 04:10 PM
It seems that anything above 2000 is ok, and above 5000 is worry-free. settings 4 and 5 have better shading, which you can notice right at the beggining of the forest portion of the benchmark test.

Buriko
Apr 22, 2012, 02:05 PM
This is the best character creator to ever be in a free to play game.
The characters you can make range from cool to cute, comical to serious. The costume combinations can evoke numerous different stylistic and emotional themes.
You can make an eerie, slender cast. With an attractive head. What sort of human would build this cast?
A FOnewm with the look of a tired, skeptical professor. Or you could make the same class with a totally different feel. A drunkard. A braggart. And, as always, a little twink.
I love Sega. They're going to kick ass with this game, I can feel it.

Yogi92
Apr 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
For some reason, I need to download DirectX (latest Version) to play this and whenever i try to do so it always fails. If someone can help me out, i would appreciate it!

MoonlightMyau
Apr 28, 2012, 09:06 AM
The character creator is great. I've had a lot of fun with it :).
The laptop I play PSOBB & PSU on at the moment gets an average score of 430 and an average of 20fps. I know the score is quite low & I do plan on upgrading but does anyone reckon that'll play the game reasonably enough until I can upgrade?

MoonlightMyau
Apr 28, 2012, 09:07 AM
Sorry double post.

sankosa
Apr 30, 2012, 05:59 AM
Okay, so I've tried doing this, but it still lagged too much for me to use. The cursor was lagging behind my mouse movements by a few seconds anyway. I've got a 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo for my processor. I think you guys are saying that should work? But the graphics card may be a problem it's just an intel GMA X3100. I don't know much about computer hardware, so I'll need you guys to tell me what I should upgrade them to. The only graphics card I know of is an ATI radeon or whatever it's called since I installed one on a previous computer.