PDA

View Full Version : Article: Phantasy Star Online 2 Pre-Open Beta Scheduled for June 15th & 16th

Ryna
Jun 8, 2012, 06:37 PM
The Japanese Phantasy Star Online 2 Pre-Open Beta has been scheduled for June 15th and June 16th. The playtime window will be limited each day to the following hours:

Eastern Standard Time: 6am to 11am
Pacific Standard Time: 3am to 8am

Character data will be wiped once the Pre-Open Beta is completed. Also, characters will receive a code for a Bouquet Rifle if a specific Desert Mission is completed. The Bouquet Rifle will be delivered to users sometime during the Open Beta test.
If the Pre-Open Beta is successful, the Open Beta will start immediately after Pre-Open Beta ends.
Credit goes to ShadowDragon28 (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=14582) and FenixStryk (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=41209) for bringing us this news. You can share your thoughts in this forum thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195251).

NitroPenguinz
Jun 8, 2012, 07:01 PM
holy god im so excited! cant wait. thx for the info guys, keep it up

Oniyoru
Jun 8, 2012, 10:30 PM
ZOMG I didn't have time to get a PC good enough to play yet XD
What happened to end of month? Hahahah

muffinmann97
Jun 9, 2012, 02:59 AM
where can i download the installer for the pre-open beta? Or isnt the installer out yet?

NitroPenguinz
Jun 9, 2012, 10:01 AM
not out yet, if you signed up, they'll send you an email and stuff most likely on the 15th

imrevned
Jun 9, 2012, 10:17 AM
Well... looks like I'm going to be waking up at 3 from now on.

muffinmann97
Jun 9, 2012, 11:46 AM
thank you :)

Alena Zouryx
Jun 9, 2012, 01:50 PM
Whoo-hoo!! I hope to see you guys there! <3

cowgoboom18
Jun 9, 2012, 06:42 PM
ahhhhhh yeah i cant wait for the pre open beta

cowgoboom18
Jun 9, 2012, 06:44 PM
dose anyone know what the required spects are to play the game

slipknotver
Jun 9, 2012, 07:32 PM
Where can i sign up at if i still can? can someone plz give a link?

NitroPenguinz
Jun 9, 2012, 09:32 PM
whats your computer specs?

NitroPenguinz
Jun 9, 2012, 09:32 PM
same xD

cowgoboom18
Jun 9, 2012, 09:37 PM
on the east it will be 11 for me

cowgoboom18
Jun 9, 2012, 09:42 PM
or 6 sorry read the thread wrong

Geist Zero
Jun 9, 2012, 11:30 PM
Yes! we are all excited! PSO2 YAAAA!! :p
Can someone please post the official site for the login for the ID. ive already registered an ID, but i need dibs on the site itself.
this may be a dumb thing to ask, but is it the PSO.JP site? or some other sega site? just wanna make sure. :P

StepsonuTM
Jun 10, 2012, 01:00 AM
Be ready on friday xD <3

Maxobiwan
Jun 10, 2012, 12:55 PM
Will it be possible to download the beta client before it start ? I think 5 hours is not enough for me...

otakun
Jun 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
Can anyone get into the pre-OB or is it restricted to the previous testers still? Also, I know this was mentioned before but can we still use the previous beta client or do we need to redownload?

hiyall
Jun 10, 2012, 08:53 PM
the date for the pre open beta is not official. one of the producers accidently put a banner up with the date but took it down soon after. so might not even start the 15th. i could be wrong though. just reading what it says in the blog

Kenrokuen
Jun 11, 2012, 02:50 AM
http://pso2.jp/players/download/
the beta can be downloaded here :)

g3kko
Jun 11, 2012, 04:33 AM
for our german friend like me, it is
12:00 to 17:00 CEST (UTC+2)

shinkami
Jun 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
You can already download the installer. Just did it. Here if you have any questions:
http://sakonma.deviantart.com/journal/PSO2-Downloader-and-Setup-Wizard-307695981

Graven
Jun 11, 2012, 05:46 PM
My body is ready.

Still, they need to give us a western release date....

Rootsuki
Jun 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
Okay so my update finished, all I really am wondering is when we will need our sega id's. I remember my id and password, the only problem is I dont know how to get back into my sega id since I can't solve the Katakana captcha. Helps?

ShinMatsumoto
Jun 12, 2012, 03:53 AM
Search Google for a katakana keyboard. The first option gives you a copy and paste option you can use to fill in the captcha.

IamTheRAGER
Jun 12, 2012, 01:22 PM
When I try to download it, above the bar it has a bunch of question marks. You have the same thing at all haha

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 14, 2012, 10:42 AM
how would you log in using sega ID

shinkami
Jun 14, 2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I get question marks too, but it's not hard to understand what is what haha

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
i tried to log in but then something popes up and i do not know what it say's, when i launch the game

PhantomKnight300
Jun 14, 2012, 06:18 PM
Its tomorrow but playing Saturday YEAH!

Kaiser4356
Jun 14, 2012, 09:33 PM
They just opened up the download patch part of the server. you will not be able to access the pre-beta till its time on Friday and Saturday if you got email about it. If it all goes well those two days. Open beta should start on Sunday. If not it will start few days after. I am also testing to see if the English patch used in closed beta will still work with the open beta. I will notify if it can be used or if we have to wait for people to make new one for this beta.
-update-
Patch from the closed beta does not work. It will only leave blank on screen options where text should be. Will have to wait for new translator after the pre-beta is finished and open beta starts.

thematesV2
Jun 14, 2012, 10:35 PM
so, did the emails get sent out yet? did anyone else get anything? I went through the whole process 2 weeks ago, and got my confirmation emails, but haven't heard back..

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 05:14 AM
still cant play dam it

Rootsuki
Jun 15, 2012, 05:21 AM
Glad im not the only one.

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 05:26 AM
ok i just created my guy i named him chibi and can any one find a working English patch

Geist Zero
Jun 15, 2012, 05:31 AM
Me and a friend ARE STILL waiting to play too, and the loading is taking a while. is anyone going through the same thing, we are stuck at the patching process. please reply. AGGGGHH!!

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 06:24 AM
i did this yesterday but i had problems signing in but it does take a bit to patch up, plus if anyone wants to find me I'm Chibi a small white cast with red

nightznightz
Jun 15, 2012, 06:33 AM
hey! i need help. i dont know where to go. what button to push in the window. the yellow button with the caution sign or the button at the very top. can you help me out?

nightznightz
Jun 15, 2012, 06:33 AM
hey! i need help. i dont know where to go. what button to push in the window. the yellow button with the caution sign or the button at the very top. can you help me out?

Rootsuki
Jun 15, 2012, 06:42 AM
Uhm, is it stil not up? I am at the sign in and I typed my ID and password and it's not letting me in. Saying something about DNS. So confused.

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 07:26 AM
i had this problem try again i do not know but I'm playing it now with out the problem

Rootsuki
Jun 15, 2012, 07:33 AM
Did you mess with any of your settings, anything information will help.

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 07:41 AM
nope i just tried signing in about 4 time and the 4th i finally got in

IamTheRAGER
Jun 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ah okay cool. I stopped the download so I think I'll just wait for another open beta then since it's only today and tomorrow right?

Kaiser4356
Jun 15, 2012, 09:22 AM
I got in just fine and man is it fun. I cannot seem to find any problems with the game. So if it is this good. Open beta will be here soon and it will be blast.

Rootsuki
Jun 15, 2012, 09:44 AM
Glad to hear it went well(even though I could not participate). Hopefully I can fix the problem.

PhantomKnight300
Jun 15, 2012, 10:05 AM
thats for sure, this game is amazing

Alena Zouryx
Not sure how it happened, but it seemed like my Sega ID password wasn't working, so I wasn't able to log in... and with no way to change it... meh. Bummer. =/

Chibi Cast Master
I've found it weird that when they talk and they stop talking there mouth still moves O_O

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 10:07 AM
it was like that for me but then i tried again then it work it my be a bug, but it is still incomplete

NitroPenguinz
Jun 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
awesome, i just played the beta for an hour and im satisfied. cant wait till tomorrow. Im a black/white/orange cast named NitroPenguin btw. Hope to see you all in beta. Also i had problems logging in at first. Then i made a new sega ID which worked out just fine. If you havent signed up u can do so now. I made a new account and jumped right in. As for the authentication code, i did what some other guy said and googled katakana keyboard, then just copied what i saw and boom. Although, it seems the english patch isnt compatible with the open beta, as i installed it, but didnt get any translations in-game at all. Feel free to ask me any questions, as i will be happy to help. =]

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
my cast is named Chibi and is white with red and is small, be great to play with people that know English

Graven
Jun 15, 2012, 11:20 AM
Can anyone, point me the link for the pre-open client, can't find it :(

NitroPenguinz
Jun 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
pso2.jp/players/download/ click big blue button, then follow prompts and boom there you go

Geist Zero
Jun 15, 2012, 01:30 PM
I kinda had the same problem like some of you with the whole log in. i had to figure out what the second step was after putting in my id and pw. i simply put in the name i wanted to go by for my character and it started the game. this of course after 4 or 5 tries, heh. it was all worth it though considering that next time i log in i can just zip through to the game play. i have to say it was the most exciting HOUR of gameplay ever; for me at least. My friend on the other hand had some problems starting the game. he keeps getting a error screen and the game wont start. i think this was due to his using the english patch for the other beta, not sure. if anyone has an idea on how to fix this PLEASE BY ALL MEANS let me know. he would GREATLY APPRECIATE it. so far, what he attempted to do was re-install the game.

Geist Zero
Jun 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Guys we figured the problem. all he had to do was change some of his settings for the game.....all that time wasted for my friend....very very sad...buut his still in game so his ready for the next time phase.....

Geist Zero
Jun 15, 2012, 01:58 PM
Hey guys if for any reason you guys out there want to join my buddy and I. we will be on ship 5 The Larguz.
My in-game name is: Geist
His name is: Rudii
if you wanna join, just let me know. and i apologize ahead of time for posting this subject here in this thread...heheh just incase. please forgive. :P

Graven
Jun 15, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thx a lot mate, although i managed to find. :)

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 05:00 PM
can i join if i can my guy is a small cast named Chibi and he is red and white mostly white

Vylera
Jun 15, 2012, 05:27 PM
SEGA IDs have to be entered in all lower case.
I didn't play any other beta tests prior to this one, so the fact that I didn't know that tripped me up for a good minute or two.
And after I figured that out, it took me roughly 18 login attempts and 4 different error codes before I got it.
Try again the next session?

knewknow
Jun 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
When I signed up last month, I received a Sega ID, but I don't see a password anywhere in the e-mail. Where can I get this? I also tried going to the "reset password" page, but I don't ever remember setting up a Secret Question or putting in any personal information. Any help would be great... (I NEED to try this game :))

aljr1021
Jun 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
hey guys i need help..i tried launching the game and all it does it get stuck here...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1qnd01dxegjyr4/PSO2HELP.jpg
any suggestions? just let it go or what?

brian3000
Jun 15, 2012, 09:08 PM
Yes, you let it sit there until it gets done. Its a patch that's downloading, it may take awhile. When that finally gets done, nProtect gamegaurd will download, which only takes a few minutes, and then, relaunch the pso2.exe, click on the big blue square and it will work.

Rootsuki
Jun 15, 2012, 09:16 PM
Has anyone been able to find out what problem #602 is? Or any of the status problems? I just want to be prepared to fix this problem before tomorrow. People say reseting your password should helps and such, and I hope that helps. The other thing that REALLY concerns me is the DNS problem. Anyone hear anything?

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 15, 2012, 11:43 PM
when will the English patch work or is there going to be a now one

Pokemon Crayons
Jun 16, 2012, 01:03 AM
About 4 more hours until round two of the pre-open beta starts. For me however, it will be the first round as i have been occupied with daily life. For anyone who would like to be playing with other people whom speaks/talk english, a friend and i will be joining into ship 2 as psublog has stated they are also going into. Currently we are unaware of any known compatible english patches so we will attempt to play in jp and refer to others' screen shots + guides/notes. We will attempt the run to obtain the Bouquet Rifle.
My character name (class/race undecided) will be Pokemon Crayons so feel free to send a friend request or party up with us if we aren't already full. I will be playing for the full amount of time that the pre-open beta is up although it is kinda akward timing as i live in California running on pacific time (3am-8am). (Attempting to run using gamepad instead of keyboard. PS3 controller at the moment since i don't have an adapter for my 360 controllers)
Once i have successfully completed the mission i will try to party up with others who may need help with the run or just the game in general. Hope to see you all in game!

aljr1021
Jun 16, 2012, 01:35 AM
thanks!! i guess i just got impatient and thought it froze or something haha.

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 16, 2012, 04:43 AM
only 19 mins left

Kaiser4356
Jun 16, 2012, 06:18 AM
i have read some of the peoples forums who created the English patch for first beta. They are not going to bother working with it for these two few hour Pre-beta runs till official open beta starts. When that occurs they will work on getting a new one out for us to enjoy the game.

PSOWii
Jun 16, 2012, 06:19 AM
If you already played once before then you sega id and pass should still work. I played a little of the open beta and the new area looks great. but the time aloted this time around was just too short. Still no english option unfortunately. They are still looking to release it by the end of the year so maybe they'll consider adding a little english by then. I am a little tired of playing hard and getting my stuff and character erased so i think i'll play again when it releases. To all you testers out there have fun and i'll see you on there again when it releases.
zap384 (FOnewearl)

Kraedi
Jun 16, 2012, 07:53 AM
Just to notify anyone who reads this, it appears that extended Saturday's time by two hours, to end 1 pm EST/10 am PST. At least that's what the launcher appears to say.
Maybe I was impatient in the patch process, but I just scrapped it and began redownloading... Taking some precious PSO time up...

KiroMatic
Jun 16, 2012, 08:21 AM
so everything finished downloading and the patch started, not very far in the patch I got SOME KIND of error obviously I can't read it but does anyone know what it is?

NitroPenguinz
Jun 16, 2012, 10:42 AM
i noticed that while playing, at 11:00 i was liike, um, why is it not shutting down? But i only got to play +30 mins cause im goin to lunch =[. Cant wait for open beta =P

Graven
Jun 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
So it ended fellas.
Those extra 2 hours were sweet. The game is just awesome, although an english patch would help a lot.

Btw, during the time i was playing, the bar that stays at the top of the screen, said something about June 21th...could it possibly be the open beta?

Rootsuki
Jun 16, 2012, 12:07 PM
Boy, I sure had a blast! It was the best morning ever. At first I was confused, lots of Japanese people, but I met one nice Canadian girl or boy, it really didnt matter cus we had a good time conversating and leveling up. This beta is just the beginning.

PhantomKnight300
Jun 16, 2012, 01:09 PM
i know what u mean but i played by myself and i was completely satisfied and fascinated by the game

Rootsuki
Jun 16, 2012, 01:15 PM
oh yeah, even when I was alone before I met my new friend, i had a great time. The combat system is so enjoyable! But you can chill with me, and if I can find my friend. I was on ship 1.

Stearns
Jun 16, 2012, 02:03 PM
According to the homepage the official OB starts on 21th of June, so yeah, looking forward to that. The gameplay really was enjoyable and although it lacked the depth of e.g Guild Wars 2, it brought up so much nostalgia from the original PSO. Definitely going to stick around.

StepsonuTM
Jun 16, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah, i had the same problem just now, My Update was close to finifhing & got a error :/ i dont know what to do, if this keeps happening, i might have to drop Pso2 ;_;

Graven
Jun 16, 2012, 03:01 PM
Indeed, the combat is so vibrant and fluid + the nostalgia factor. GW2 is another game i'm looking up to.
Btw, does anyone got a MAG? i know they will be in the game, but, i didn't manage to get one.

StepsonuTM
Jun 16, 2012, 03:02 PM
When I was downloading th Patch, i recived some sort of error & had to close the patch & when i re opened the patch, it started from the beginning -.- I dont know what to do, im lookiung up sto see if anyone has the problem as i do & nothing. :( Can ANYONE in any sort help me please, i really want to play this game atleast on the Open beta since i couldnt get this done for Pre-open beta

Kaiser4356
Jun 16, 2012, 04:33 PM
The error you probably got was the one with the server currently down. They shut down server after the pre-beta was done so they could work on updating and getting the game ready for open beta. If you get errors and cannot read them, copy and paste in Google Translator and it will tell you what it states. and the 602 error code that i read up some one had ,and if i recall, it meant that ether the server was under maintenance or you were already logged in under that name. I got that yesterday when i tested the game out before the servers went online. Anyway as of now the servers are down and you will not be able to do updates etc. till they come back online.

Stearns
Jun 16, 2012, 04:48 PM
Didn't see anything definitive about MAGs' but I reckon I saw a member of a party I was with do something that looked a lot like a Photon Blast. Was it just me, though, that thought the AI of the mobs was a bit too... dumb? It was a bit too much mindless hack&slash once you got ahold of a decent weapon.
On another note, Graven, looking into pre-purchasing GW2 or holding out to the full release? Because me and the missus will be shredding that game, haha, and we've both pre-purchased. Would be fun to have another premade with us.

Kaiser4356
Jun 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Also, I just found out that open beta will begin on June 21st (Thursday). at 1600 Japanese time. the pre-beta installation of PSO2 can still be left on computer for it can be used for open beta. So there is no need to uninstall for new one. Once again i do hope to see a lot of you there and play to our heats content before the next close off of the game before opening. I will also post link to official announcement of release date. Use Google Chrome or another browser with translator to read. See you all on there. I go under Rashaga, a male gunner cast.
Sight:http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=56.

Stearns
Jun 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
If you'd really like, I could do you my installation files on my server. Reckon it would be enough to just download the files and insert them into your installation directory. Drop me a PM in that case.

Stearns
Jun 16, 2012, 04:54 PM
Is there any general consensus on what ship we'll try to gather on, by the way? As we'll be starting on a clean slate due OB, we might as well try to group up.
I say ship 2, can I get an aye?

StepsonuTM
Jun 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
oh, I guess that figures, well When i was close to complete update it gave me this error, which i cant read unfortunately & didnt take a snap shot of it ,well Hopefully when the servers come back online, no problems will occur . I did the Update installation at 9:00pm (Pacific time) & the Error happened around 12:00pm (pacific time),but if i do end up receiving this problem on the 21st OBT, i will look up what my error happens to be telling me & might end up using one of you guys' help, which btw i appreciate for the response.Also, hope those of you who attended on the pre-obt had a blast(:Never attended in any of the Betas, which comes to make me sad.

StepsonuTM
Jun 16, 2012, 05:15 PM
oh, I guess that figures, well When i was close to complete update it gave me this error, which i cant read unfortunately & didnt take a snap shot of it ,well Hopefully when the servers come back online, no problems will occur . I did the Update installation at 9:00pm (Pacific time) & the Error happened around 12:00pm (pacific time),but if i do end up receiving this problem on the 21st OBT, i will look up what my error happens to be telling me & might end up using one of you guys' help, which btw i appreciate for the response.Also, hope those of you who attended on the pre-obt had a blast(:Never attended in any of the Betas, which comes to make me sad.

StepsonuTM
Jun 16, 2012, 05:52 PM
Okay now my only question is, i have now completed the update & so im on the Sign in part for pso2, how is it to i sign in, i dint matter if i type my name in english, bit confuse .

Kaiser4356
Jun 16, 2012, 06:05 PM
Alright to answer your guys questions. When open beta starts all of your character data will be wiped, it is a fresh, clean slate for all to start. If you guys do want a get together when it starts, i would prob recommend ship 2 or 3. Since as how 1 went into yellow zone during its 2ND day of pre-beta. It may be more full as soon as it starts. And for logging in, if you registered your ID password etc in English, you log in the same way as ya typed it in your registration. Hope this helps y'all bit more and if you have any more questions i will help to the best of my abilities.

Graven
Jun 16, 2012, 06:11 PM
I was thinking about waiting for full release, because, i would like to see some reviews on the game, before expeding money, specially because, i didn't play the first one, so i'm not acquainted with the series.
I heard the those who pre-purchased have access to beta weekends or something, so they can already play the game on some specific dates, is it like that?

Vylera
Jun 16, 2012, 06:54 PM
If I'm not mistaken, most of the PSO-world community has already decided on making ship 2 their homeship.

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 16, 2012, 06:57 PM
I'm thinking that too

Stearns
Jun 16, 2012, 06:57 PM
Personally I consider GW2 to be a breath of fresh air. They've taken everything that was good about the first one and made it even better (especially focusing on improving the criticized parts e.g instanced zones). I'm not going to rant on about it but pretty much every review I've seen rates it high, although I have to say that GW2's PvP system is in a class of itself. You'll definitely love the gameplay if you enjoy PSO2 as they're both very interactive and require quick reactions. Yeah, if you pre-purchase the game you get access to the beta events which, supposedly, should be going down one weekend per month until release date (as stated on a developers blog). If you want to talk about it drop me a PM, reckon we've gone a bit off-topic, haha.

Graven
Jun 16, 2012, 07:55 PM
Agreed, let's not deviate from the purpose of this article. Thx for the information, if i decide to buy the game in the future, i will pm you for some intel.

Rootsuki
Jun 16, 2012, 08:46 PM
Something else I forgot to ask. Has anyone found an english patch? Link?

Chibi Cast Master
Jun 16, 2012, 09:07 PM
none that work

Kaiser4356
Jun 16, 2012, 10:52 PM
The people who created that English patch will work on a new one when open beta comes out. Due to this only being a 2 day pre-beta, they decided not to bother trying to make a patch for that. When game goes live on 21st, wait a few days and one will be available

HsBlaze
Jun 17, 2012, 09:04 AM
that good to hear i just downloaded the beta too. T-T to bad i miss the pre-open.

NitroPenguinz
Jun 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
yep, we will all accumulate on ship 2

PSU Phere
Aug 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
k..... i think i figured it out.... now how do i change it to english? >< lmfao

PSU Phere
Aug 31, 2012, 11:57 PM
k.... im stuck.... i get like 45% done the new updates? (i guess?) and it says "WinHTTP Error:12007" and on the next line under it it says "[No.103]" and the rest is all jap.... and idk what it says and i guess i cant play till i get the updates?