PDA

View Full Version : Article: Over 13,000 PSO2 (JP) Accounts Suspended for Malicious Activity in October

Tomeeboy
Nov 2, 2012, 01:42 PM
In a post (http://pso2.jp/players/support/measures/?charid=i_20121102) to the official Japanese players site for Phantasy Star Online 2, SEGA gave a little update on their fight against RMT and other malicious activity in the game. During the period between October 1st, 2012 and October 31st, 2012, a total of 13,707 accounts were suspended for violating the game's terms of use.

Well, they did give fair warning (http://www.pso-world.com/news/02468-sega-cracking-down-rmt-and-cheaters-pso2-jp). SEGA went on to say that they will continue to investigate their findings and take strict actions against any accounts found to be violating the terms of use. Players can also report suspicious activity through the malicious user report form (http://pso2.jp/players/support/inquiry/?mode=wickeduser) on the official site.

Meyfei
Nov 2, 2012, 10:42 PM
Tibia goes and mass bans about 3000-6000 players every couple of months(so many bots, so many polish, so many retards), but 13,000 mark is insane, these are ALL hackers? Seriously?
Please, as unfortunate as it sounds, PLEASE say this was just english players playing fairly. cause if 13,000 accounts were banned due to hacking and shit we're screwed when PSO2 hits North America.

Tomeeboy
Nov 2, 2012, 10:59 PM
I'm sure there are some cheaters in there, but I imagine that a VERY large chunk of this is made up of bots/farmers. With the game being so popular in Japan and also being free to play, it's bound to have a lot of that. This also includes accounts confirmed to be involved in the buying/selling of meseta.

metatime
Nov 2, 2012, 11:25 PM
It's so easy to make a bunch of bots, its not even funny.

Arika
Nov 3, 2012, 01:52 AM
problem is that I m not quite sure if 13000 are all really hacker or not. Hope this not include any innocent.

Chik'Tikka
Nov 3, 2012, 02:24 AM
indeed, that's a lot of manpower if every account was inspected by a living person, and i hope it was+^_^+ I've seen a few people who did nothing wrong get banned for AFK dancing overnight in blk 20 when those haxors were moving bots around in July (it was only for 15 days though), guess afk people were movable too (has pics if you don't believe me)+^_^+ also, those farming bots we see with the @@@@@@4@@@@4 names, they transfer the meseta earned to accounts with premium by buying really expensive monomates i think+^_^+ while SEGAC surely could see what the banned accounts bought, could they track trades from one prem to another? and then maybe from that mule to a customer thru trade or more expensive mates? just thinking, no one buy RMT meseta, it might be logged and thus would be forever hot, and so would the poor Joe/Jane selling that Rappy Cannon RMTs use also be be logged?+^_^+

Saffran
Nov 3, 2012, 05:16 AM
If your character is called sdfdfdfsdf and you're in a team of 100 members all named gfhghfgf or xcvcxv;hgfgf (etc) I frankly don't care if you're innocent.

Fontes
Nov 3, 2012, 07:13 PM
^^^^^ Comment of the year, everybody! *starts clapping*

Fontes
Nov 4, 2012, 01:13 AM
Guys... quit yet drama and think for a sec: the thing already has over a MILLION people registered. You think 13k people being wiped away is anything worth even mentioning?

Xx Royal Mist xX
Nov 4, 2012, 11:47 AM
lol. That does make sense, I would ban them too.

Arika
Nov 4, 2012, 12:37 PM
if it is Mr. djuhudhajds being wiped again, then it doesn't worth mentioning.
but if you are the one being wiped away, does it worth mentioning for you?
That was how it meant when some innocent players got ban by doing nothing.

Fontes
Nov 4, 2012, 05:51 PM
If I was banned for no reason, then I'd try to fix it on my own before shouting at the 4 winds.

Like I said... 13k in over a million players is nothing, legit or not. If you're making a drama over this, just try to see how many people get their asses wiped in WoW every 3 months or so. Just don't blame me for the heart attacks, willya?

Arika
Nov 5, 2012, 12:49 AM
Except you would learn that you have no ability to fix it later. and I guess from your speak that you probably don't care since you aren't one with people who played a lot of hours then.
I wonder how much JP ability you actually have? and no matter what, you just talk it easy because you know nothing and how annoying support system this game is. Chance is that I can say that people without JP ability like you would never get it work.
I had to try to help my friends who used to get suspended from that lobby thing getting back once. It is no easy. It waste a lot of my time when I shouldn't need to. We pay sega to enjoy the game, not this shit.

metatime
Nov 5, 2012, 11:12 AM
Geez are people like you like to live within an ideal happy world that expect everything to work perfectly? Nothing is perfect. If someone gets ban, its a mistake, people aren't perfect and no system is perfect.

Fontes
Nov 5, 2012, 11:28 AM
I may have yet to play PSO2 (waiting for the global)... but it can't be worse than Nexon Europe (played Vindictus for a good while), I tell ye that! Now THAT had crappy customer support! So don't go tellin' me I dunno jack about it.

Like someone has already pointed out, we live on planet earth, not rainbow-land. So suck it up, because as people say... shit happens, deal with it.

Arika
Nov 6, 2012, 07:10 AM
I had"deal" with it which is why I know what is what.
Unlike you who not even play the game lol, so your word is no value at all.
Just like how 5 year kid is talking about life, nobody is gonna hear that.
To the person who posted above too,
if you get ban innocently, would you quit the game or would you remake an account to play? "deal with it" Oh..? deal what? Your only choice is to wage your tail and leave anyway. person like you who has no ability to even make a deal. but I could, and did.

metatime
Nov 6, 2012, 10:22 AM
Eh what? I never said, "deal with it" stop putting words in people's mouths, no one likes that. Stop being an emo teen, you're really over blowing this situation.

Saffran
Nov 6, 2012, 04:16 PM
He was replying to you about already having experienced what you called "ideal world". To be honest, I have too. "Ideal world" is pretty much standard in Japan, heck, in France or Germany too. Sure, some games have poor customer service, but they are the exception.
Incidentally, PSOBB used to have an excellent support team, and I'm guessing that team either has changed, or PSO2 is really a mess beyond what we can see.
The reply to the "deal with it" part was towards another poster who indeed said that. I don't think Arika is being an emo teen here, I was upset at that comment too but it's not like I can do a lot about it so I simply stayed silent.

metatime
Nov 6, 2012, 06:07 PM
So are you talking for him or are you him? I dunno but I was trying to say "perfect world" but I guess ideal wasn't suffice enough of a description for my point. Also he is directing at me at the end of the 2nd sentence:
"To the person who posted above too, ........."deal with it" Oh..? deal what?"
Anyways it wasn't just ENG players getting banned, it was JP too. Again it wasn't intentional that maybe a handful of innocent got banned but to make a bigger fuss over it than what it was is overblowing and sensationalizing the situation. I get enough of that from crappy news sites all the time.

Fontes
Nov 6, 2012, 06:38 PM
If I had it happening to me? If it's a game I like for the core gameplay (combat, for example) over the community and customer support, I'd make a new account to keep playin'. Of course, only if I couldn't get my previous account back. I lost count of the times I started over in Ragnarok Online and even PSOBB, for example.

The term "deal with it" doesn't necessary mean curling up in the corner and giving up. It litterally means dealing with the situation at hand. If you can, that is.