PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 crashing every hour while playing

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 7, 2016, 03:28 PM
My client keeps on crashing after an hour after playing. Don't know what the cause of it is, but just gonna provide as much info I can.

1. I'm using Windows 10.

2. I'm using Windows Firewall.

3. Windows Defender is disabled.

4. Avast has the Phantasy Star Online 2 path excluded from scanning.

5. The only feedback I get during the crash is that the program stops responding and forces me to close.

6. I disabled Tabtip.exe and the Game Overlay stuff on the system.

7. The only plug-in active is item translation.

8. My directory is OS > Program Files (x86) > Phantasy Star Online 2.

I can play the game fine, but after an extended period of playing, I crash.

Misaki Ki
Jun 7, 2016, 09:25 PM
When you say you disabled Tabtip.exe, do you mean you closed the process, or disabled "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service?"

As for 5, check your Reliability Monitor. Error reports are logged there. Windows doesn't really report them as much to the user now.

MasterGunz2345
Jun 8, 2016, 10:52 AM
Does PSO2 crash in any particular part og the game? For me it always crash when I'm in the lobby after playing for an hour or so yet I still have yet to find a solution

TheXTernals
Jun 8, 2016, 10:59 AM
i having the same to but felt like it was every few mins or so

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 8, 2016, 12:12 PM
When you say you disabled Tabtip.exe, do you mean you closed the process, or disabled "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service?"

As for 5, check your Reliability Monitor. Error reports are logged there. Windows doesn't really report them as much to the user now.

It's disabled in services, so it doesn't pop up at all on startup. As for errors off the Monitor I'll check next time it happens, need to check the exact time it happens because I also get errors trying to launch PSO2 sometimes.

Does PSO2 crash in any particular part og the game? For me it always crash when I'm in the lobby after playing for an hour or so yet I still have yet to find a solution

Not particularly, but it does occur at the most inconvenient times like the end of TDs or CM runs, but I''m very sure it's due to the time I've been playing rather than the location.

i having the same to but felt like it was every few mins or so

If it's 15 minutes on the dot, it's definitely the Tabtip.exe, or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service that Misaki Ki mentioned, otherwise I'm not sure myself.

MasterGunz2345
Jun 8, 2016, 01:24 PM
It's disabled in services, so it doesn't pop up at all on startup. As for errors off the Monitor I'll check next time it happens, need to check the exact time it happens because I also get errors trying to launch PSO2 sometimes.

Not particularly, but it does occur at the most inconvenient times like the end of TDs or CM runs, but I''m very sure it's due to the time I've been playing rather than the location.

If it's 15 minutes on the dot, it's definitely the Tabtip.exe, or Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service that Misaki Mi mentioned, otherwise I'm not sure myself.

I've been told that Tabtip.exe or Touch keyboard and handwriting service causes this problem, yet on my computer tabtip.exe does not exist (yes I checked task manager and the detail tab) and the touch keyboard is not even on, so none of these options are helpful D: and I have Windows 10 as well, refurbished when I first got it

Anduril
Jun 8, 2016, 02:51 PM
I've been told that Tabtip.exe or Touch keyboard and handwriting service causes this problem, yet on my computer tabtip.exe does not exist (yes I checked task manager and the detail tab) and the touch keyboard is not even on, so none of these options are helpful D: and I have Windows 10 as well, refurbished when I first got it

Have you gone into the services menu to look for and disable it? (Win+R, then type in services.msc, then look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service; it is also called TabletInputService in the Task Manager Services tab.) It should be present even without any touch hardware installed.

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 8, 2016, 03:40 PM
So I crashed again during CM1 during mission 4 and got the report from Reliability Monitor. It reads as:

[SPOILER-BOX]Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Phantasy Star Online 2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: pso2.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5747dd3c
Fault Module Name: igdumdim32.dll
Fault Module Version: 20.19.15.4300
Fault Module Timestamp: 560d7b04
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0008561b
OS Version: 10.0.10586.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bdcb
Additional Information 2: bdcb33e65a9843796b7ec31cc25bda3b
Additional Information 3: b1e9
Additional Information 4: b1e9e5e7403b4fc1f3fdca02e40d62b6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 669c251a099555f55036651c2815bbd2 (108213224305)[/SPOILER-BOX]

As of now, I'm going to turn off Windows Firewall and see if that stops the issue, because otherwise, I don't see what the issue could be crashing my game.

FluxDMC
Jun 8, 2016, 04:53 PM
im also having a similar issue since the update maint last night my game keeps crashing during a loading screen so i did the exclusions in my antivirus and disabled touch support in services and im reinstalling the whole game if that doesnt work im just flat out done with pso2 until it maybe gets patched or something

MasterGunz2345
Jun 8, 2016, 06:40 PM
Have you gone into the services menu to look for and disable it? (Win+R, then type in services.msc, then look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Service; it is also called TabletInputService in the Task Manager Services tab.) It should be present even without any touch hardware installed.

I've done the first part after I saw your post about disabling it in another thread posted recently, but still didn't work :/ .I also see the TabletInputService in the Services tab but when I right click, only "Start", "Open Services", and "Search Online" are clickable. Everything else is in grey D:

FluxDMC
Jun 8, 2016, 10:49 PM
my game keeps crashing to i was on fine this morning and when i got back home around 3pm est the game just goes poof during loading screens other than that it runs perfectly fine

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 8, 2016, 11:32 PM
And crashed again. I don't know what the problem is, I'm done.

Hucast-Kireek
Jun 9, 2016, 12:39 AM
Every hour? More like every minute! WTF is going on!?

MasterGunz2345
Jun 9, 2016, 01:33 AM
I can't seem to go to my room now without the game crashing.....I think it was a bad idea going from Wins 7 to Wins 10 if PSO2 has too many problems with it

blanc1990
Jun 9, 2016, 02:05 AM
i having same Problem. Entering room, Crash!

Before new ENG patch installed everything worked fine!
Now after i closed PSO2 and restarted for fixed (Advance Quest folder was Matterboard clear named) i started to get crashes!

Primera
Jun 9, 2016, 02:35 AM
Same problem with me, going to room or another block will crash the game. I was able to switch blocks and go to my room on another character but anytime I try with my main character it always crashes.

MasterGunz2345
Jun 9, 2016, 02:53 AM
I've read on the PSO2 reddit that others have been having this problem too with the game crashing while transferring into your room. Someone suggested that you check your game files and the replies seem like they did the trick, i guess? xD i'll try it in the morning but if anyone does it before me let me know if it solves this issue.

FluxDMC
Jun 9, 2016, 08:42 AM
any updates on this issue?

FluxDMC
Jun 9, 2016, 09:24 AM
any updates on this issue?

blanc1990
Jun 9, 2016, 11:08 AM
seems not

moya
Jun 9, 2016, 04:04 PM
A fix was just pushed to the item translations that seems to resolve the issue.

blanc1990
Jun 9, 2016, 04:50 PM
Testign it at this moment. I let you know if i crash again while updated item.

Edit: i edit here

MasterGunz2345
Jun 10, 2016, 02:22 AM
For the random crash while transferring to your room, right now it seems to be resolved by going into tweaker, troubleshooting>Check for deleted/empty files, and Check for old/missing files. Have not had any crashes with the room problem (for now) but I'm not getting cocky yet as I have a good feeling it'll crash randomly again lmao

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 11, 2016, 03:23 AM
You all are mixing up your crash issue with the one that's unique to myself I am not crashing when switching rooms or blocks, that has yet to happen to me at all, I only crash during quests and rarely when I am idle.

In any case, I still continue to crash during quests.

Sirius-91
Jun 11, 2016, 09:59 AM
You all are mixing up your crash issue with the one that's unique to myself I am not crashing when switching rooms or blocks, that has yet to happen to me at all, I only crash during quests and rarely when I am idle.

In any case, I still continue to crash during quests.

What is your system specs?

Press winkey+r and type in dxdiag and let it do its thing and save the file, then upload it somewhere and paste it here.

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 11, 2016, 01:16 PM
What is your system specs?

Press winkey+r and type in dxdiag and let it do its thing and save the file, then upload it somewhere and paste it here.

Here's the Dxdiag. (http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_6)

Sirius-91
Jun 11, 2016, 01:47 PM
Here's the Dxdiag. (http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_6)
From what I can read, your graphics driver crashes at a certain point when the game requests more processing power. You might need to call your pc's support center to see about replacing your integrated card, as it is possible it's faulty.

Variant
Jun 11, 2016, 02:38 PM
The app crash log is showing it's crashing in igdumdim32.dll, the exception code is an access violation.

Do you have a discrete GPU? It looks like you're using your on-board CPU graphics, I'm wondering if it might be fixed if you switch to something else.

Edit: Maybe also check if there are driver updates for Intel HD Graphics.

Shadowstarkirby
Jun 11, 2016, 03:50 PM
From what I can read, your graphics driver crashes at a certain point when the game requests more processing power. You might need to call your pc's support center to see about replacing your integrated card, as it is possible it's faulty.

I'm not sure if that's the issue, because when I used the FurMark GPU stress test program for an hour, I never received any crashes or errors despite it being far more demanding than PSO2.

The app crash log is showing it's crashing in igdumdim32.dll, the exception code is an access violation.

Do you have a discrete GPU? It looks like you're using your on-board CPU graphics, I'm wondering if it might be fixed if you switch to something else.

Edit: Maybe also check if there are driver updates for Intel HD Graphics.

I'm not too sure, sorry, I'm running a system file check through the command prompt to see if igdumdim32.dll can be fixed, if it comes down to it I'll probably have to reset my system. I'll see if I can find information on if it's discrete or not, but this is the information on my driver. (http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/16/06/11/n4y.png)

Variant
Jun 11, 2016, 10:01 PM
I'm not too sure, sorry, I'm running a system file check through the command prompt to see if igdumdim32.dll can be fixed, if it comes down to it I'll probably have to reset my system. I'll see if I can find information on if it's discrete or not, but this is the information on my driver. (http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/16/06/11/n4y.png)

You shouldn't have to reset your system. Windows update probably updates your driver normally.

By the way, I'm not sure if you have already, but have you tried running without the item translation plugin active? It doesn't seem like it's the issue, but it's worth a shot to double check (the item translation is working on a separate thread so if it's crashing it might be it).