PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm probably screwed

Weiss9029
Jun 19, 2016, 10:43 AM
So reading bumped, I saw at the bottom of the broadcast post that they'll be removing secure OTP in September.

The problem is that I'll need to either remove it or switch to google, and in order to do that I need either my secret password, birthday I put in when I first made the account, or the name I put in when I first made it, I don't remember any of these.

So what do you guys think, will sega just remove OTP from my account and allow me to log in normally? Or am I screwed out of my 2500+ hours, all my items, and characters?

Also, any way to contact sega about this? Doubt it'll work but anything to help?

Sirius-91
Jun 19, 2016, 12:06 PM
So reading bumped, I saw at the bottom of the broadcast post that they'll be remove secure OTP in September.

The problem is that I'll need to either remove it or switch to google, and in order to do that I need either my secret password, birthday I put in when I first made the account, or the name I put in when I first made it, I don't remember any of these.

So what do you guys think, will sega just remove OTP from my account and allow me to log in normally? Or am I screwed out of my 2500+ hours, all my items, and characters?

Also, any way to contact sega about this? Doubt it'll work but anything to help?

Sega will remove it, but probably urge you to switch if you would want to keep your benefits and or shit out new switch now campaigns.

[Ayumi]
Jun 19, 2016, 03:29 PM
Well reading this topic made me change from secure to google
But now I know if there's any fuck up, my account will be good as dead.

With secure OTP I could've mail to them to fix the problem. With Google I would need to go directly to Sega. Aka "rip account"

Lyrise
Jun 19, 2016, 04:46 PM
Anyone still on Secure OTP wanting to switch to, or looking to just start on Google Authentication take note: when you set it up, you will be assigned a termination code. Do NOT neglect to keep a copy of this code - if something happens and you need to get into your account or kill it off you are going to run into some extreme difficulties without that code; especially since all GAuth issues have to be run by Sega support themselves who may or may not give you the time of day if you are outside of Japan.

Lyrise
Jun 19, 2016, 06:19 PM
The termination code lets you disable Google Authentication without having to provide a OTP password, in the event you lose your device or the ability to generate proper passcodes. Secure OTP didn't need this because your passcodes are tied to an account which you can log into, but with GAuth, your passcodes are tied to your device (or multiple devices if you set them all up at once - there's no way to add more without rooting your other devices or generating a new root code/QR code).

If you are using GAuth but have no termination code, I would suggest disabling it (if you have proper passcodes you can provide that and not the termination code) and then set it up again (and any other devices you have if you want) to get a new termination code.

[Ayumi]
Jun 19, 2016, 07:24 PM
Um... where was the termination code supposed to be?

Zorak000
Jun 19, 2016, 08:00 PM
Sega will remove it, but probably urge you to switch if you would want to keep your benefits and or shit out new switch now campaigns.
I really hope so, I am in a similar position

Dia79
Jun 19, 2016, 08:41 PM
It's the "ワンタイムパスワード解除コード". It appears after you type in the Secret Key and put in the 6 digit code.

Sorry about that. ^^;

sorry but i dont get it neither i did dasble my old mobile device registration and made a fresh one with the same mobile and using the QR code way but i only got a msg on my phone and no termination code at all ? whats worng so far?

Dia79
Jun 19, 2016, 09:57 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1lbeasg.png

After you enter the secret key into the GAuth app and type in the 6 digit code, press 「登録」 to get to the next page with the One Time Password Unlock Code.

Write it down and don't lose it. Otherwise, you'll have to remember essentially all the important account info from when you registered when you file a support claim with SEGA. ^^

Also, I deleted the last post if people were wondering.

sorry yea i found out myself after a saw a guide :P btw how is it the Gauth? i was always fine on otp so im pretty pissed to swich off atm ...unless there is a campaign going on..

Dia79
Jun 19, 2016, 10:23 PM
Sorry. G.Auth = Google Authenticator.

Also, realized there is actually something called a Gauth Authenticator. ^^;

ahah np i know its google ...btw i was thinking killing the otp service and at the same time swich to google would still cause some kind of conseguence on OTP storage? or everything will be fine like before?

Lyrise
Jun 20, 2016, 12:46 AM
If you remove OTP from your account, but you've already logged into the game for the day, you have until the next day before access is gone. Same goes for recurring rewards. As long as you re-establish OTP within the same day, the system treats it as if you never removed it at all - you would still retain all of your rewards at whatever level you had it at.

Great Pan
Jun 20, 2016, 12:56 AM
Could this be the Gaijin Purge we longed for?

Sirius-91
Jun 20, 2016, 01:24 AM
No.

Needs mass banning for that to happen.

Zysets
Jun 20, 2016, 01:24 AM
How so? Either you switch authenticators or if you never used one, it doesn't affect you.

wefwq
Jun 20, 2016, 04:21 AM
ahah np i know its google ...btw i was thinking killing the otp service and at the same time swich to google would still cause some kind of conseguence on OTP storage? or everything will be fine like before?
Should not affect your OTP storage, the worst probably you can't put any item on it but you can still pull your stuff out from the slot in case you disabled OTP/G.Auth.
Though, if you removed OTP and activate Google Authenticator right away before logging in to the game, you should not run in any problem at all.

How so?
Google Authenticator are harder to work with when user ran into problem, i give you that yeah since user have to contact SEGA instead of the service provider, unlike Third Networks OTP.

toragyo
Jun 20, 2016, 05:09 AM
Does Google Authenticator need any sort of SMS verification at all to setup or does it work pretty much the same way as SecureOTP?

wefwq
Jun 20, 2016, 07:10 AM
Does Google Authenticator need any sort of SMS verification at all to setup or does it work pretty much the same way as SecureOTP?
There's no SMS verification to setup authenticator for your SEGA ID.

gabor100
Jun 20, 2016, 07:58 AM
So, I'm probably screwed. I need either my secret password, birthday I put in when I first made the account, or the name I put in when I first made it, I don't remember any of these.

am I screwed out of my 2500+ hours, all my items, and characters?

;3382206']if there's any fuck up, my account will be good as dead. "rip account"

it also sounds like I'm going to be SOL

I am in a similar position

That's why we gaijins use OTP/GA, to lock yourselfs out from your own account and blame SEGA!

[Ayumi]
Jun 20, 2016, 10:11 AM
That's why we gaijins use OTP/GA, to lock yourselfs out from your own account and blame SEGA!

Um, there was a time that secureOTP said it was sync'd and it wasn't.
So every OTP it gave me didn't work and after the 7th time it locked me in.

Of course I mailed them and they fixed it within a few hours, but yeah it's not my fault that the stupid thing didn't sync when it said it was.
If the same thing happen with Google, then it's my fault? Alright.

gabor100
Jun 20, 2016, 10:27 AM
;3382321']If the same thing happen with Google, then it's my fault? Alright.

Why should it be your fault?

It's SEGA's fault cuz they pretty much give no support to people outside of Japan and google authentication lockouts are technically perma-ban for people outside japan.

Those bastards!

Zorak000
Jun 20, 2016, 02:17 PM
the only person I am blaming is myself ya doofus; im the one with an account that I don't know the secret questions for.

heck using an OTP makes even more sense for me; even if somebody got a hold of my login credentials (which I can't change since I don't know my secret questions), they would still need a OTP to log in.

EDIT: I may or may not use google authentication, my only current concern is if I need to turn off OTP myself, or if it will harmlessly disable on it's own when it is no-longer supported; reverting back to me needing to input the item transaction password if I want to buy/sell from the player market

Skyly
Jun 20, 2016, 04:57 PM
Are you guys referring to the OTP app secret question?

Zorak000
Jun 20, 2016, 06:24 PM
nah the secret questions you need to have set when you created your SEGA ID; you gotta confirm at least one of them if you want to do something like change your password or contact e-mail, or in this case, disable SecureOTP

Vintasticvin
Jun 20, 2016, 07:27 PM
Thats why I use the page translator so I know what I'm filling out

Skyly
Jun 20, 2016, 07:46 PM
Holy shit lol. I created my sega ID in 2012 but I'm not sure if they required a secret question.. I only mentioned that cause there never used to be a captcha

Aine
Jun 20, 2016, 08:43 PM
http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9160

If you're using SecureOTP on a smartphone, they request that you switch to Google Authenticator. If you don't switch before they end SecureOTP service, you'll no longer be able to use the OTP storage and your monthly rewards will be reset.

If you're using SecureOTP on a dedicated hardware token, you won't be able to use it when they end the service, so they ask you to set an Item Trading Password before then.

The impression I get is that as long as you set an Item Trading Password they'll just terminate the OTP in September, but it doesn't actually specifically say that's what will happen.

Skyly
Jun 20, 2016, 08:59 PM
I just switched my OTP account over to GAuth, I only was concerned cause of the secret question issue OP had, and I thought my account would be inaccessible once they phased out OTP. Also, I think it had 3 options to verify, birthday, secret question, and address (not 100% sure cause I only payed attention to what was necessary)

Yden
Jun 20, 2016, 09:09 PM
I just switched my OTP account over to GAuth, I only was concerned cause of the secret question issue OP had, and I thought my account would be inaccessible once they phased out OTP. Also, I think it had 3 options to verify, birthday, secret question, and address (not 100% sure cause I only payed attention to what was necessary)

Email address was required but you could pick from one of those 3 options.

Punisher106
Jun 20, 2016, 09:23 PM
So, uh, anyone willing to help me through the moonrunes to switch ot the google authenticator? I already have the app on my phone, I just need to know where to go on the site.

Skyly
Jun 20, 2016, 09:30 PM
So, uh, anyone willing to help me through the moonrunes to switch ot the google authenticator? I already have the app on my phone, I just need to know where to go on the site.

All of the information you need is located here.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/otp-one-time-password-registration-guide-for-pso2/

wefwq
Jun 21, 2016, 02:05 AM
;3382321']Um, there was a time that secureOTP said it was sync'd and it wasn't.
So every OTP it gave me didn't work and after the 7th time it locked me in.

Of course I mailed them and they fixed it within a few hours, but yeah it's not my fault that the stupid thing didn't sync when it said it was.
If the same thing happen with Google, then it's my fault? Alright.

It caused by your phone clock.
In Google Authenticator, if the code don't sync correctly there's option to resync all codes according to the one supplied by Google server.
In case that you change your phone clock for whatever reason (such as travel when having auto clock setup turned on), it is strongly suggested to use time correction before using authentication code.

I don't remember how to fix this problem on old TN OTP since i never have this kind of problem.

spincast
Jun 21, 2016, 08:33 AM
I really hope so, I am in a similar position
Same here, darn it

Zorak000
Jun 21, 2016, 10:14 AM
Holy shit lol. I created my sega ID in 2012 but I'm not sure if they required a secret question.. I only mentioned that cause there never used to be a captcha
yeah that's a big part of my issue; I don't think they had that part back then.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/?id=9160

If you're using SecureOTP on a smartphone, they request that you switch to Google Authenticator. If you don't switch before they end SecureOTP service, you'll no longer be able to use the OTP storage and your monthly rewards will be reset.

If you're using SecureOTP on a dedicated hardware token, you won't be able to use it when they end the service, so they ask you to set an Item Trading Password before then.

The impression I get is that as long as you set an Item Trading Password they'll just terminate the OTP in September, but it doesn't actually specifically say that's what will happen.
oh ok, that sounds like it'll just be disabled and I'll have to just use the Item Transaction password. Also looking at the Google Authenticator setup instructions it seems I will never be able to actually use it anyway

[Ayumi]
Jun 21, 2016, 11:02 AM
It caused by your phone clock.
In Google Authenticator, if the code don't sync correctly there's option to resync all codes according to the one supplied by Google server.
In case that you change your phone clock for whatever reason (such as travel when having auto clock setup turned on), it is strongly suggested to use time correction before using authentication code.

I don't remember how to fix this problem on old TN OTP since i never have this kind of problem.

The problem was on bluestacks. I never owned a phone that could use OTP.
I did try out th sync option on google just in case and it kept saying it had a problem syncing.
I mean it works, but not liking how it's saying it has a problem syncing.

dr apocalipsis
Jun 21, 2016, 02:00 PM
Well, I did the switch painless. Even the captcha was pretty easy.

Zorak000
Jun 24, 2016, 02:10 PM
anyone know if there are jp players who had the issue of having an account old enough to not have their security questions set, and were able to get them set, even if it meant contacting support?

I'd be cool if I could actually get this problem fixed by some means

Sirius-91
Jun 24, 2016, 02:18 PM
anyone know if there are jp players who had the issue of having an account old enough to not have their security questions set, and were able to get them set, even if it meant contacting support?

I'd be cool if I could actually get this problem fixed by some means

If it's anything, I have done this back in '13 when switching emails.