PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft!!, cause I gotta have FAITH

DSCCSHOGUN
Apr 29, 2003, 09:25 AM
I know everyone is saying that there is cheating on psox. I personally haven't seen any clvl 200 players or anything out of the ordinary, YET. All I see is about 2 or 3 times as many players on PSOX than PSOGC having a good time and not everyone has a BKB equiped, YET.

With that in mind I have no doubt that more and more peeps will try to cheat, but I have much more faith in microsoft to make an effort to thwart those efforts than say SEGA or Nintendo. I mean, come on, SEGA's first effort at online games were somewhat disasterous, and well Nintendo has only one online game. Microsoft on the other hand has 100 times the experience with online gameing (AC, AC2, Live! with voice chat, a major jump forward in online gaming) and has like 100,000 times the cash flow and 1,000,000 times the capital of SEGA and Nintendo combined. In short they have the resources to do something about it, and have stated on numerous occasions that they are totally committed to xblive and have demontrated that they will take action against hacks/cheats/misconduct (AC, AC2).

If anyone feels differently thats your opinion, but I know duping alone ruined PSO on the gamecube for me so if cheating gets out of hand on PSOX I'll quit it also, but like I said, "I have much more faith in microsoft..."

P.S. POLL: What company/platform do you feel has the most potential to deliver secure online gameplay

BonusKun
Apr 29, 2003, 12:06 PM
I don't. Seriously I don't.

Cheating in games online that don't have server based characters on a console system is too easy to manipulate.

The best you can hope for is to make the game as less cheat free as possible with a game like pso.

If duping is a problem for you with the Gamecube then I'm sorry if you can't find it in yourself to just find games with people who share your same playing values.

This of course can be quoted as well if you wanted to play on the Xbox.

You choose who and how you want to play the game, you shouldn't let the other guy out there decide how to play your game for you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-04-29 10:07 ]</font>

Ropponmatsu
Apr 29, 2003, 12:51 PM
I vote Nintendo, I don't find Microsoft very secure anymore ever since they loaded C-Dilla on my comp which locked up my CD-RW drive whenever I tried to burn something and also sent some of my computer data(such as burn and download data) to them.

MORB
Apr 29, 2003, 01:17 PM
That poll has inadequate propositions. Whether a game is secure or not doesn't depend on which console/comp it runs on, it depends on who made the game.

For instance, for game safeness, I'd trust Funcom (Anarchy Online), WestWood studios (Earth & Beyond), and that's about it (I included only companies/games that I have played or know well enough).

I wouldn't trust Turbine (Asheron's Call I is plagged with a particular form of cheating called macroing), Reakktor (Neocron - I can't trust people who designed such a grief-prone game when it comes to cheating - it's like the original pso (weapon drop on death) but with PKing allowed), and of course Sonic Team (after all the pso versions they released, they didn't learn or just don't care)

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 30, 2003, 10:38 AM
I have faith..the reason more people "cheat" on Xbox is because more hackers try to hack the system more than any other system.