PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy star zero revival

Calamity
Aug 7, 2016, 09:23 PM
I am looking into buying an r4 card to get back online on psz . The only problem is , does anyone even play ? So I'm leaving this here for those who do still play and are interested in one last adventure in phantasy star zero , comment here or pm me so we can figure this out . I dub this , the phantasy star zero revival project . I will eventually make a Facebook group dedicated to teaching players how to connect to the Nintendo wifi server network and a hub for players to meet up and set out on runs together . I hope we can get a small group of players playing regularly.

Calamity
Aug 8, 2016, 08:36 AM
Instructions on how to patch your game with and without the action replay and how to connect to the server . I havent figured out how to work the ds emulator to get it connected but I'll post here when I find out https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki

Calamity
Aug 8, 2016, 10:43 AM
This for ppl who can't get an r4 card . This video explains how to connect your desmume emulator to wifi , youll have to google "desmume wifi" cuz the links on the vid are broken and I doubt I'm allowed to link an emulator here . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zk4EeULmU50

I'll be able to play with anyone who wants to try it after work today . Pm me or comment here

I made a group for those interested . Hope to see you there

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/group.php?groupid=530

Calamity
Aug 8, 2016, 04:09 PM
last update . this is a step by step guide on getting your ds emulator online http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/tut-how-to-enable-wifi-on-desmume-v0-9-7.932128/

Ranmaru
Sep 16, 2016, 01:30 AM
Hey really good stuff man I'll be a maybe but I'll join your group in case I do get the R4.

Radori Nighthawk
Nov 13, 2016, 11:30 PM
Very interested in this. A buddy of mine told me about this thread and if I can get the means to play PS0, I certainly will.

Calamity
Nov 28, 2016, 10:16 PM
Sorry for the late reply , lost r4 card. Getting new one for Christmas and I'll be ready

El Noel
Feb 10, 2017, 12:55 PM
Okay, let us know when you are set up to play on altwfc and I will do some runs with you.

Calamity
Feb 12, 2017, 08:46 PM
It's hard to find a good place to buy them , I'm trying wish.com now so hopefully it works but it'll be a month till it gets here Is what they're saying ...

Calamity
Mar 5, 2017, 03:51 PM
Alright I got everything working if anyone still wants to play

Phryxam
Mar 9, 2017, 07:16 PM
My power was out yesterday, and I picked up my DSi as it was the only device in my house that actually still had a charge on it and started playing PSZ again for the first time in two years. I forgot how much fun it was, and if I can find my old flash cart I would definitely be interested in joining this!

Calamity
Mar 11, 2017, 04:32 PM
Hopefully you find it !

El Noel
May 4, 2017, 12:54 AM
~2500 views yet nobody posts... does anyone want to do some rounds? I am checking here on a weekly basis.

Calamity
May 6, 2017, 02:05 PM
Been busy with finals but I'm free now

MottoMonku
May 11, 2017, 12:19 PM
Unfortunately I didnt look at the forums over the weekend. But I am available to play!

El Noel
May 11, 2017, 04:35 PM
Okay, let's play on Saturday. What time is good for you? I am in UK so can do 9pm BST if that works?

MottoMonku
May 12, 2017, 10:14 AM
Saturday at 9pm BST works for me

El Noel
May 12, 2017, 02:39 PM
Trying to connect now but getting an error code 20100. I last played online a couple of weeks back and it was fine then but seems not to work sometimes.

El Noel
May 12, 2017, 02:43 PM
Just checked the altwfc error list. My settings are definitely okay as like I said, it worked a couple of weeks back. Maybe the server is down for maintenance.

MottoMonku
May 12, 2017, 02:55 PM
I'll try it in a couple of hours and let you know if I get the same error.

El Noel
May 12, 2017, 03:08 PM
Altwfc Server is temporarily down according to this page:

https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator/wiki/List-of-Servers

I tried putting in the DNS settings for the other servers but got the same error. Hoping it's back up and running soon :/

El Noel
May 13, 2017, 10:56 AM
Right, after playing around with it all day I have managed to get it working!

In case anyone else is having difficulty playing online, this is what I did:

Used altwfc patcher to re-patch the ROM
This step might not be necessary, however I patched my ROM years ago and the changelog for the latest release, v1.6, states that it fixes PSZ so my patch could well have been from an earlier build.

Erased Wifi settings
Also on the wifi configuration page, select 'Options' and then erase the NWFC settings as well.

Set up new access point using different DNS to altwfc
The official server is down for who knows how long, so I used these DNS settings which work okay:
https://www.dshack.org/forum.php?page=thread&tid=382

So now I have set it up to use an alternative server, I now have a new FC which is:

0220 7508 6169

Hoping to do some runs tonight at 9pm BST if anyone fancies it!

El Noel
May 13, 2017, 03:02 PM
Nobody around then?

Skyly_Purplenum
May 20, 2017, 10:32 PM
What's up fellow Hunters? I am new to this form but I have had Phantasy Star 0 for a very long time and never got a chance to play with people online because my friends bailed out on me at the last second LOL. I have three characters all in the low thirties if anyone is interested in teaming up to play. I was just made aware that there are no servers anymore? I have the original copy of Phantasy star zero not an R4 card. How would I play online?

Booch138
Jun 21, 2017, 01:35 PM
What's up fellow Hunters? I am new to this form but I have had Phantasy Star 0 for a very long time and never got a chance to play with people online because my friends bailed out on me at the last second LOL. I have three characters all in the low thirties if anyone is interested in teaming up to play. I was just made aware that there are no servers anymore? I have the original copy of Phantasy star zero not an R4 card. How would I play online?

I have had PSZ for a long time as well and just recently got a bug in myself to get back into it. Working on leveling up chars (in the 30's as well) solo but would kill to figure out how to play this game online again, if at all possible. Would make my eternity.

Contact me on here and I would be more than happy to figure some stuff out along with everyone. Would be a cool movement to take off.

Edit: By the way my friend code is 4441-8796-8578. Add me anytime I don't mind and I am friendly :3

Restyle
Aug 6, 2017, 11:43 AM
Hey, I know I am a couple of months late, but I would be down to play some PSZ with people!

I have been craving to play the game for a while and I have recently found my old flashcart!

I am just trying to set up AltWFc at the minute but Having issues connecting to the server :( If anyone can help we that would be awesome as I would be able to get online quicker :D

**EDIT**

I am all set up and good to go! Anyone who wants to play PSZ multiplayer hit me up, in the mean time i will play single player and story mode so I can a tleast help out online :)

El Noel
Aug 11, 2017, 04:29 PM
I'm up for some runs, for sure.

Join this Discord channel so we can arrange:

9vbEZkx

Tymek
Aug 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
This is somewhat a side-topic, but how does one set up their console for use with AltWfc? I can't find any information or tutorials or anything of that caliber, and I'm rather confused. Is it just for R4/flashcart/ROM games, or are official carts supported too?