PDA

View Full Version : Just a question to my posting...

Keilyn
Aug 10, 2016, 11:57 AM
I thought a lot about everything while vacationing in Spain, and it opened my eyes to a lot of good and bad things about myself. I wanted to ask these questions...

1) How long is considered too long of a post here? (Length-Wise, Please be specific, and apply that to yourself as well)
2) How deep should I go in responses? (complex and specific; or simple and general)
3) How much is too much? (I avg. < 1 post/day since I joined, while some here post 10 - 20 times a day and that feels extreme and obscene)

I am just trying to figure out how much energy I should spend or waste (you get to choose your point of view) here.

KazeSenoue
Aug 10, 2016, 12:03 PM
Why does it matter?

Sandmind
Aug 10, 2016, 12:19 PM
As a wall of text myself (see Force thread recently), I normally fare well in reading those. One thing I quickly noticed about your post is you often go on side topic, comparaison or life story that quickly take half your post, when those should be kept quick/small. That's pretty much what trigger most people that openly say they ignore your post. In my case, my wall of text are dense in information and not organized as best as it could, but I stay on topic instead of coming out of nowhere. ^^;

yoshiblue
Aug 10, 2016, 12:51 PM
Its hard to say since I tend to be short and straight to the point, but I guess a nice paragraph or two should do. The number of times you post shouldn't matter so much though.

ArcaneTechs
Aug 10, 2016, 01:49 PM
Couple of paragraphs, straight and to the point (im guilty of this too i think), if your gonna do life comparisons try and keep it short. Its cool you want to share this but you dont need to go into great details and drag the post on, some people dont want to read about it. It varies but everyone has an opinion, if its going to be a super long in depth post/response to something, id rather see spoiler drop boxes that way i dont have to scroll down and see wall of text and assume your just talking on about whatever.

Honestly we dont need to critque you but its just a general thing where if you want someones attention then you dont necessarily do it through a wall of text. Idk feel free to ignore my post, just my 5 FUN get

Sayara
Aug 10, 2016, 02:00 PM
If the post content you typing about is relevent then length shouldn't really matter too much. Though going on huge random tangents is a bit of an eyesore to read.

Sirius-91
Aug 10, 2016, 02:04 PM
As someone has told me before, "No one cares about your life story on the internet."

landman
Aug 11, 2016, 03:08 AM
"No one cares about your life story on the internet."

That's what I think most of the time, if that changed, I would minimize the scrolling down.

Enforcer MKV
Aug 11, 2016, 03:38 AM
As far as my opinion is concerned? As long as you stay on topic, the length, frequency, etc doesn't matter. Most people today are very short and direct with their responses; and while that's not a bad thing - seeing nothing but that has gotten kind of boring. It's actually refreshing to see someone post a long drawn out....er.....post. Heh. While a lot of people might scoff at that...it's kinda nice to see someone really think something over and go over a topic. Of course, as others have said, a bit of that length is from these off-topic tangents that you have a tendency to go on, so it's somewhat aggravating to weed through that to find the bits that are actually addressing the original subject.

In short?

https://image.spreadshirtmedia.com/image-server/v1/compositions/14338599T110A2PC119318811PA176PT14X24Y110S108/views/1,width=300,height=300,appearanceId=2,version=1440 417743.jpg

Selphea
Aug 11, 2016, 04:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/2EYML9V.jpg

TaigaUC
Aug 11, 2016, 02:39 PM
Waste of time. I didn't write this to get graded.

Tunga
Aug 11, 2016, 03:59 PM
- You steer too far away from the topic and continue building upon w/e you started talking about. I don't mind reading your post when you go in-depth about the game (since you know, this is a forum for a game). But keep the other stuff to a minimum so people don't have to ignore 70% of your post (or 100% lol).

- When people discuss this game (again a forum for discussing this stuff) you call them children indirectly.

- You go off as over-dramatic at times.

And...

"No one cares about your life story on the internet."
This, just keep your life to yourself, family and friends.

These are just my $0.02

Keilyn
Aug 11, 2016, 05:48 PM
I suspended my posting until enough opinion came from at least this thread. Due to the thread being a query thread, I will look for precise answers to at least one of the three questions from each poster so far and will base my replies on Query Analysis rules as an attempt to be fair.

The spoiler box below contains my reply to each poster; One line in length maximum for each poster. The format is
[Username + Status: Why? // Personal Reply]
[spoiler-box]KazeSenoue---rejected: no answer provided. // That didn't help me.
Sandmind---unacceptable: Subjective w/o precision. // You did not quantify quick/small, nor included the why to the what.
Yoshiblue---accepted: Objective w/ precision. // Thank You. Your response was an example of what I needed.
Kril---accepted: Subjective w/ precision. // Thank You. I liked your response. Also, your writing is not bad at all.
Sayara---unacceptable: subjective w/o precision. // Your reply is obvious and it didn't help me.
Sirius-91---rejected: subjective w/o precision. // That did not help me out at all....
Landman--rejected: quoted reply. // You didn't help out at all.
Enforcer MKV---unacceptable: subjective w/o precision // I loved your reply, but was unacceptable due to analysis rules
Selphea---rejected: Screenshot // I never gave up on you as a friend. I rather hear it from you than through Churchill :(
TaigaUC---unacceptable: Subjective w/o precision. // I liked it, but most was off-topic and beyond measure.
Tunga---rejected: Subjective w/o precision // I liked your organization, but your reply lacked precision.[/spoiler-box]

My main problem was with the many partial answers I had to flag as unacceptable because they weren't quantified or qualified enough to be effective to try out. Thank you for the replies.

Edit: Broke the One-Line Rule....Amazing how different things are between "Preview Post" and the Submitted Post. My apologies for that. I feel real stupid now at how it looks....so I fixed it to comply with the standard and fixed a redundancy too.

Pyrei
Aug 11, 2016, 07:04 PM
to be honest, your posts are the most interesting ones to read as you really feel just how much you've been around the block in online games, not just pso2 but a ton of other games to the point I wish I was there with you in those crazy times of those games, as for you posts tho I'd say keep you life stories in spoiler tags so that those that want to read them can read them and feel you, and those that don't can get just the point of your post and not care like they've been doing.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 11, 2016, 08:08 PM
I suspended my posting until enough opinion came from at least this thread. Due to the thread being a query thread, I will look for precise answers to at least one of the three questions from each poster so far and will base my replies on Query Analysis rules as an attempt to be fair.

The spoiler box below contains my reply to each poster; One line in length maximum for each poster. The format is
[Username + Status: Why? // Personal Reply]
[spoiler-box]KazeSenoue---rejected: no answer provided. // That didn't help me.
Sandmind---unacceptable: Subjective w/o precision. // You did not quantify quick/small, nor included the why to the what.
Yoshiblue---accepted: Objective w/ precision. // Thank You. Your response was an example of what I needed.
Kril---accepted: Subjective w/ precision. // Thank You. I liked your response. Also, your writing is not bad at all.
Sayara---unacceptable: subjective w/o precision. // Your reply is obvious and it didn't help me.
Sirius-91---rejected: subjective w/o precision. // That did not help me out at all....
Landman--rejected: quoted reply. // You didn't help out at all.
Enforcer MKV---unacceptable: subjective w/o precision // I loved your reply, but was unacceptable due to analysis rules
Selphea---rejected: Screenshot // I never gave up on you as a friend. I rather hear it from you than through Churchill :(
TaigaUC---unacceptable: Subjective w/o precision. // I liked it, but most was off-topic and beyond measure.
Tunga---rejected: Subjective w/o precision // I liked your organization, but your reply lacked precision.[/spoiler-box]

My main problem was with the many partial answers I had to flag as unacceptable because they weren't quantified or qualified enough to be effective to try out. Thank you for the replies.

Edit: Broke the One-Line Rule....Amazing how different things are between "Preview Post" and the Submitted Post. My apologies for that. I feel real stupid now at how it looks....so I fixed it to comply with the standard and fixed a redundancy too.
Stuff like this is partially why I don't read your posts. You know we're people, right? Humans have gray areas, attempting to see things in black and white all the time makes things difficult.

And to base off of what others have said:

You often go off on irrelevant, veering tangents that either take forever or miss the point completely.
You often downtalk anyone you're replying to, as if communicating with anyone who isn't on "your level" is a chore and isn't worth your time.
Overall maybe a little bit into yourself a bit too much. (Often adding things about yourself that seem like you're prepping yourself up quite a bit. To name a few that I remember, your audio equipment being great, your different works and musical compositions [which wasn't even relevant to the topic, iirc.], and writing achievement mentions that serve little purpose except to prove to others [or yourself, maybe] that you're "qualified".)
Other past experiences with your posting have also left me with a prejudiced view of you, that we don't particularly need to get into here in public. (PM if you really feel the need to.)

I will also echo the lengthy posts. There's nothing wrong with long posts. The problem is when you talk a lot, but you're not really saying anything. There's plenty of times where I could read the whole ~3 paragraphs that you typed, and summed them up in maybe three or four sentences without losing much content or context.

All that being said, you do clearly have thought and plenty of substance in your posts. You have a lot to say, much of it which ends up being substantial. One of the problems is that it doesn't always facilitate discussion, rather it downplays everyone else's replies (with possibly unintentional efforts to show your own "credentials", as it were) and makes no one want to reply, and eventually not even read them.

What I would recommend is:

Show some empathy with other posters. Read and absorb their post, if it's something that's of quality content. Understand where they're coming from.
Keep it simple. I don't mean leave out a lot of detail and saying "because I said so". When you keep it simple, it shows that you know fully what you're posting about, and the full intent of your post. If someone asks you to elaborate on your post, then gladly do so, keeping in mind what you've already stated.
Don't assume. You know how that works.

All in all, I'm fairly confident that you can post and be well respected and helpful. Just take into account that this board is often two or more ways, and be considerate.

KazeSenoue
Aug 11, 2016, 08:37 PM
I thought this was a PSO2 section.

Keilyn
Aug 12, 2016, 04:16 AM
Query Thread

Replies to the latest posts:

@Pyrei // Thanks for the kind reply and for reading my posts. I am rejecting your post as far as data analysis goes because there was not anything in there to help answer the three questions. Query rules do not allow me to accept "Your fine the way you are" as a query answers :(. In short, I rejected it not because I wanted to, but because I had to follow the logic-set :( Same with MKV earlier.

@Nitro // Your formatting is really nice and laid out. Congratulations for actually falling between the logic-set. Your post actually falls on the line of "accepted" because it did provide a combined answer to two questions, but it falls under "unacceptable" as well under logic-set rules for lack of precision in some parts. This is a compliment actually as I like those who can defy the system within the system itself.

@Wefwq //Query rules forbid me from writing a counter-reply of any kind to Autism itself, All I can ask myself is "where any of the three opening questions answered in any form? The answer here is no, and thus it is a rejected answer due to nothing being provided.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were four replies that I liked in this thread due to the fact I can put that information to use. Query Rules only give me the right to analyze answers that have been received for the query. I do have the right to comment on answers, but I do not have the right to do persuasive or argumentative writing in a query thread. If no answer has been given, I can not comment on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I have what I need.

Query Thread Termination Request -- (Further Posting will not be considered)
Please Close and Move this thread.

~Keilyn

P.S: Thank you for all the replies everyone! ^_^

TaigaUC
Aug 12, 2016, 06:46 AM
Well, I'm rejecting your thanks because it's obtuse without intelligence.

I should have known better than to waste time on a guy who has a long record of boasting about himself in nearly every post, stealing loot, leeching, and constantly making up stuff with zero basis and pushing it as fact.
I can't imagine someone like that ever changing their ways, especially if they're still behaving like that in their adult years.

I think I will stop posting on this forum. It's unnecssary stress and really not worth the time.
I doubt many people will miss me anyway. One less negative person cluttering up the forum.