PDA

View Full Version : Yellowboze - Silence Claw - Red Handgun

Gregg
Apr 29, 2003, 04:44 PM
Right, I have a yellowboze RAmarl which is desperatly searching for a better weapon, namely the red handgun. I killed Bartles for ages, probably from lvl 85 to 104 at the moment. I decided to go for caves for once and test my luck at the boss there, maybe get a Holy Ray. I did beat him, but no luck. However, after just a few Vulmars I got a Silence Claw... it seems about as rare as the red handgun, is it? Damn, why couldnt it have been a bartle dropping that red box instead =(

Ropponmatsu
Apr 29, 2003, 05:46 PM
I have both items, I'd be happy to trade my red handgun for anything of value to me. I don't like or use it so I don't care to part with it! /~,^

Gregg
Apr 29, 2003, 06:04 PM
Hmm, trading would make things alot easier. Still, I promised myself to never trade because of all the dupes around... although I suppose not many would dupe a red handgun, or maybe they would... problems problems...

dj_dan
Apr 29, 2003, 06:33 PM
Just keep playing.

Try this - for a week, whenever you want to play PSO, only play Heat Sword (online quest).
If you average around 5 Heat Swords a day and play a minimum of 4 days during that week, you'd have gone through the quest 20 times (and this is a minimum by the way).

If you do that you will kill at the very least 780 Bartles. Since the Red Handgun isn't an 11 or 12 star rare, there is a good chance that you'll get one in that week. Of course nothing is guaranteed, for example my HUcast has gone through 185 levels and easily over 400 HS runs without getting one Red Handgun from a Tollaw.
Although I must admit, Tollaws are the stingiest monsters in Ultimate Forest.

Aaaannnyway, give that a try, and I guarantee you'll come up with a few good finds.

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 04:28 AM
dj_dan: Thanks for the advice, however, the Heat Sword quest is way to hard for my RAmarl to do on her own. Also, there seemed to just be a bunch of Tollaws and less Bartles...

Oh well.

Dime
Apr 30, 2003, 04:59 AM
What's so great about the red handgun anyway?

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 05:48 AM
Dime: I wouldnt know, I never found it.=P

Ropponmatsu
Apr 30, 2003, 07:01 AM
Gregg, I'm almost 100% sure that my Red Handgun is not duped, I got it from a very dear RL friend who said it he found it himself and I trust him.

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 07:21 AM
Ropponmatsu: Ok, well what are you looking for then? I warn you, my selection of items ain't very good. I am currently running caves, trying to get Holy Ray from the boss but so far with no luck. I did however find a Cadeceus from the red slime, hehe. No use for that though...

I'd say my best item so far is God/HP.. then again its my first rare monster drop in NGC, so it's very special to me =)

Ropponmatsu
Apr 30, 2003, 07:36 AM
I'm looking for God/Pow or Angel Harp, I'll be on later today...

Oiy! This is turning into a trade thread! >,<

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 07:47 AM
Well, I dont have a God/Pow nor an Angel Harp and I am looking for both those items as well (killed 12 pal rappies with a skyly char and still no luck, sigh).

Oh well... thanks anyway =)

excecutor
Apr 30, 2003, 09:01 AM
no, silence claws are not even close to as rare. i am a lvl 119 yellowboze and i have around 13 but no 11 star rares, especially guard wave from an ob lillie which is what i have been searching for. silence claws for me are a common rare drop just to let u kno

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 09:04 AM
Ok, I figured they are about equally rare since both (according to this site) are 10 star rares. Also both are dropped by the most common enemies in the area (bartle - forest and vulmer - caves). And last but not least, on the drop % guide on this site both have the **** rare rank.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 30, 2003, 04:39 PM
heres an idea- find a purplenum player and ask him/her to make a game. request that you are looking for a red handgun and play heat sword. the el rappy drops it in purplenum. IF i could go online, i would either host it for you are give you one. i have found 5 so far in purplenum.

Gregg
Apr 30, 2003, 06:41 PM
blue-hawk: thanks, thats a good advice. I also started a new char recently, a Redria char. I hope to be able to get the red handgun off a pal rappy, the drop % guide here rates it *** in rarity so it shouldn't take long to find it.. hopefully...

Electron
May 1, 2003, 05:41 AM
I'm yellowboze and I've found 3 of them.
Just keep looking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

hypn0t1c
May 1, 2003, 10:46 AM
Or find a Redria of significant lvl and see if they have one for trade. Pal Rappy drops it for them. It only took 3 tries to get one for me. It's a good gun, I use it to shoot things at distance (Ob Lillys, Canabins). Fully grinded it hits really hard.