PDA

View Full Version : About Ep3...No no more stupid ass jokes

Dime
Apr 29, 2003, 07:57 PM
I heard that the CARD shit is just a mini game expansion type thing, and that SEGA WILL release an Episode 3, with the same basic premise as Ep1&2. But with new monsters, levels, characters, weapons etc etc etc

Blenjar
Apr 29, 2003, 08:03 PM
Well, its about time we hear good news.
I don't care if its false, I believe hiM!

Huntley
Apr 29, 2003, 08:06 PM
yes that is one of the speculations but i doubt its true, according to IGN the card based turn battle is taking over as the new gameplay mode.

pErFeCt_34
Apr 29, 2003, 09:30 PM
On 2003-04-29 18:06, Huntley wrote:
yes that is one of the speculations but i doubt its true, according to IGN the card based turn battle is taking over as the new gameplay mode.

Well there you go IGN said it so its not true.

SLyNKee
Apr 29, 2003, 11:24 PM
It says in the IGN article "The "Episode III" title signifies the extension of the same Ragol storyline, world, environments, and creatures found in the first two episodes" so Im hoping this will be more of an upgrade as v2 was to the original, and that the card battles are a side mode, like battle or challenge, so while you play the main game maybe you can find cards just like you find rares and then use them in the Card mode or trade them to others

UnitG3D
Apr 30, 2003, 12:22 AM
Please god I pray that the whole card game thing is just an extension. I wish that they didn't feel that every game had to follow the latest fad in gaming. It alienates older followers of the series to do that. I wouldn't mine cards showing up in game, hell I could trade them to the card players for rares.

noob-of-fury
Apr 30, 2003, 12:48 AM
Well I really don't care how they make ep3. I like the card idea, I'll play that. I also like PSO how it is. I just wish that they would increase the speed of the game... so battle is more hectic and leaves you in a state of constant... well just constant movement.

Damn those slash slash slash combos to hell!

EsperFlame
Apr 30, 2003, 12:53 AM
I dunno.....if combat was constant and hecticall the time, one would never get chance to chat and such while on Ragol. Hopefully they can tweak the PSO engine to be less buggy on episode 3.

noob-of-fury
Apr 30, 2003, 01:08 AM
Yeah that would be nice... I still wish that the combat was a little faster or required more than just timing of 3 button presses. I need full combos!

rena-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 03:11 AM
hm... e3 is from 13-16 of march. i'm looking forward. but when its true and the card thing is something like challenge mode was when v2 got released, then i'm very relieved. i mean, card games are good but card games besides the original game mode are even better ^_^

Ryudo
Apr 30, 2003, 04:21 AM
two words: Cash in

card battle games like yugioh sell really well atm
so sega are making more cash off their already popular pso franchise by releasing a crappy card battle game

it *isn't* episode 3
ign are just dumb =)

Dime
Apr 30, 2003, 04:37 AM
Down with IGN. I lost respect for that site when they asked me to pay for stuff.

I agree about the combat, I also think they should replace the little "walk before run" characters do. I mean, when you see a big ass Grasshopper charging you, the word WALK slowly doesn't exactly flash in one's mind.

rena-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 04:54 AM
so its a spin off? well... then i dont have a problem with it because this new way of battling is not replacing 'classic' pso flair.

well... might be my second online game for cube then ^_^...

but one little thing... seperate game may mean... seperate hunters licence ^_^; damn...

*starts having tea again*

Dime
Apr 30, 2003, 04:58 AM
Either way, they won't remove the HL, so I'm guessing it will be the same as Ep1/2 in terms of payment per month.

SubstanceD
Apr 30, 2003, 02:42 PM
On 2003-04-30 02:37, Dime wrote:
Down with IGN. I lost respect for that site when they asked me to pay for stuff.

I agree about the combat, I also think they should replace the little "walk before run" characters do. I mean, when you see a big ass Grasshopper charging you, the word WALK slowly doesn't exactly flash in one's mind.

I hear you on the IGN thing. IGN used to be my main stomping grounds many moons ago but ever since they started charging people for the privilage of going to their site I stopped hanging around, I visit IGN about 2 or 3 times a year at the most and even then I don't spend long. The whole entire paying thing would not be so bad if it weren't for the fcat that the site has got alot worse over the years, if I felt like I was getting decent info then I might be tempted to go back but IGN has really gone down the toilet.

I hope you are right about the CARD Battle thing only being and expansion/added mode. For a while there the news on PSO episode 3 CARD Battle was really getting me down. First Capcom Destroys the Breath of Fire series with Breath of Fire V, then Sqaure sells out and makes Final Fantasy X-2, now this from Sega. I was beginning to loose faith in the rpg genre.