PDA

View Full Version : Question For Mods

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 29, 2003, 11:34 PM
How come you guys edit the word gay out,
but dont edit the words parents wouldnt want there children to hear?

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 11:38 PM
oh maybe because it's derogatory?

let me see, how bout we replace the word stupid as a description with white.

such as: my god, that's so white.

there's also a million other words to use, try expanding your vocabulary.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-04-29 21:38 ]</font>

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 29, 2003, 11:45 PM
Ummmmm..
Even though it was just an example if u used that wouldnt that be considered a racess coment?

LollipopLolita
Apr 29, 2003, 11:59 PM
are you joking around or what? did you miss the point?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 30, 2003, 12:07 AM
I get ur point but if someone where to use the example u gave me: Oh my god, thats so white.
Wouldnt that be considered racess?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RAmar_Monkey_Boy on 2003-04-29 22:09 ]</font>

RuneLateralus
Apr 30, 2003, 12:08 AM
On 2003-04-29 21:45, RAmar_Monkey_Boy wrote:
Ummmmm..
Even though it was just an example if u used that wouldnt that be considered a racess coment?

Yes...racist comments is discriminating...just like using the equilvating the word "gay" for "stupid."

You know...because gay is often associated with homosexuality...which is not stupid!

See?

pixelate
Apr 30, 2003, 12:10 AM
On 2003-04-29 22:07, RAmar_Monkey_Boy wrote:
I get ur point but if someone where to use the example u gave me: Oh my god, thats so whtie.
Wouldnt that be considered racess?

Yes, it would be, and we'd act on it.

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 12:10 AM
and homosexuality is something that isn't exactly a choice or your fault. just like your race?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 30, 2003, 12:20 AM
i only used that word once and ill never use it again on this site, i thought id just say that cause as soon as it was edited out i never thought of saying it again! But my main topic was, why dont u act on bad words, but act on the word i said?

Saladwood
Apr 30, 2003, 12:23 AM
we don't edit out every swear word for the same reasons you can have swearing in a pg-13 movie.

however, we do make a point to edit out derogatory remarks.

get over it!

There is a HUGE difference between derogatory remarks and cussing (however we still do edit out excessive cussing).

do you really have a problem seeing the difference between cussing and derogatory remarks?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-04-29 22:26 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 12:28 AM
count it, 4 staffers, oh my god, is the posse coming back?

rbf2000
Apr 30, 2003, 12:31 AM
It can't be the posse until abdur posts.

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 12:33 AM
damn it, he's asleep. that's 5 mods, can we get little spud dan in here?

dj_dan
Apr 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
Spud...

Anyway.

Fuck shit ass poo dick.

If I walk up to someone and say that sentence, chances are they will be more confused than offended.

Now let's try something else.

All queers should burn in hell because the sickness that they have is pure pure evil. (Calm down, it's just an example).

See how offensive that it?
Swear words are silly. The moment someone writes or speaks a swear word, they reveal how underdeveloped their brain really is. However using gay is terrible.
Something that may seem so innocent like "Oh man, that item is so gay." is really not. All sorts of implications and prejudices arise. Comments like "gay" spread hate, and that is what we don't want here on PSOw.
I don't know what else to say, all we can do is ask people not to use that word, and when they do... we'll keep on editing.

Guntz348
Apr 30, 2003, 01:09 AM
Hey I found a really old topic that was buried deep in the forum archives. It's kind of relavant here though, it say's what you're not supposed to do and it even gives explinations as to why not to them! I know it's a wild concept and I don't think anyone here has really seen it so I think maybe you should take a peek at it,
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31004&forum=1&12

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 01:14 AM
or you can always read the forum rules

http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum

the link is also posted on forum index.

Dime
Apr 30, 2003, 04:31 AM
It's a refreshing change not having people freak over the word "shit" like at every other message board.

OMG HE SAID SHIT OMGWTF....banz0rs him.....?

RAmar_Monkey_Boy
Apr 30, 2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for all the answers u guys answered my question.
i do see how using cuss words would confuse me in the way dj_dan said it.
I got 4 mods to post,or was it 5! That was unexpected. Anyways it would probally be tougher on u mods to have to edit out every cuss word everyone has heard before.Well thx for u guys doing ur tough jobs!

Dangerous55
Apr 30, 2003, 02:28 PM
And now I posted and am in all my FUCKIN glory.

ABDUR101
Apr 30, 2003, 04:54 PM
On 2003-04-29 22:31, rbf2000 wrote:
It can't be the posse until abdur posts.

Damn, I goto bed early one night from exhaustion and a fun topic comes up. >=

Thank God I did'nt get here in time..aye.

But awww, spud came through for us! =D

"I think I went poopy..."

But atleast now you understand, and hopefully will abide by it.

*/pointless rehash post*