PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Private Server Incoming?

Tymek
Dec 5, 2016, 05:57 PM
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15171164_742501705926326_6975143774197428701_n.png ?oh=e96f1522fcbacac2546a7be15535b2eb&oe=58AE3AFB
What the heck are they doing, haha. (https://community.schtserv.com/topic/1397-schtserv-xmas-event-2016/)
There's so little info on what exactly they are doing, and how.

What do you think of this?

pkemr4
Dec 5, 2016, 06:04 PM
im ready to hear people complaing about getting unfairly banned and other things. unless thats another private server owner im thinking

Zysets
Dec 5, 2016, 06:14 PM
Sega said PSO2 official servers were expected to last at least 10 years, we're not even half way yet (soon though). Regardless, I wouldn't touch SCHTHACK with a ten foot pole, there's always drama with them. Plus, Imagine if Sega caught this little project.

I'd also like to add, if PSO2 shuts down, I'd just hope the Clementine PSU server is up and running by then instead.

Sirius-91
Dec 5, 2016, 06:26 PM
A little birdie told me that they're using someone else's work.

Eternal255
Dec 5, 2016, 06:44 PM
I'm guessing they want to find a way for more people to come back to them? Either way, pso2 is free, so why would anyone bother?

I'd also like to add, if PSO2 shuts down, I'd just hope the Clementine PSU server is up and running by then instead.

I think I too would be more interested in a PSU server simply because I never really got to play the game, and I'm sure after 10 years of pso2, I wouldn't want to 'start over'

Flaoc
Dec 5, 2016, 07:13 PM
so lee can destroy pso2 far more than sega ever did? who would want to deal with that

ArcaneTechs
Dec 5, 2016, 07:34 PM
i remember (vaguely) that AIDA had something in the works for this and sorta was a "tell us why the game isnt coming to the West or we'll bring it here" sorta of debacle but i wouldnt be surprised this work was passed off to others and theyre working off that.

but i expect a C&D swift and quickly because this wont stay on the low and afromentioned Bp will show his face again

Agastya
Dec 5, 2016, 10:17 PM
just goes to show you that the first person to do something is never the person that actually cares about something.

does schthack himself even play pso2? i don't think any of the rest of his staff cares about the game at all.

Traumin
Dec 5, 2016, 10:19 PM
just goes to show you that the first person to do something is never the person that actually cares about something.

does schthack himself even play pso2? i don't think any of the rest of his staff cares about the game at all.
The team itself doesn't have a very good rep to begin with as well

Agastya
Dec 5, 2016, 10:20 PM
oh believe me i know a lot about what happened down there. a lot

the fact that they even came back on the pso scene is mind-boggling, i'm not sure what they truly were hoping to accomplish

CoWorker
Dec 5, 2016, 10:58 PM
Can someone explain why their team is bad? I'm wasn't around by that point and I'm curious

Totori
Dec 5, 2016, 11:16 PM
Just some unnecessary drama got the servers in a rut, and well that pretty much killed trust in a lot of members, but I do gotta hand it to them for holding a server.

Problem was, they (Again) forgot to back the server's data up, after a wipe. And well, everything has been lost.

Tyreek
Dec 5, 2016, 11:40 PM

Almost certain Scthack himself is long gone from anything regarding that server or even involved in this project. Last I checked he put his server in Crono's hands and moved on to real life. That was many years ago.

Agastya
Dec 5, 2016, 11:54 PM
Can someone explain why their team is bad? I'm wasn't around by that point and I'm curious

okay SO you better have a nice glass of grape juice ready because i assure you you're going to need it for this

A) Break and Crono made a deal where Break would pretend to be broomop and sell people spheres for cheap, then ban them. Crono would then hold their account hostage unless they paid to have it unbanned. break was promised a 50/50 cut so he agreed and then he 'came clean' when it turned out to be more like 20/80 (if that)

B) they began actively taking donations for a new host, raised something like 3k or so from everyone. the public incentive was you'd get to join an exp boost team but there were many many GM weapons dealt under the rug. crono then took most of the money and bought an engraved ring for his at-the-time girlfriend and began hosting the server off a PC in his basement
B2) there was one user alone that had donated over 3k over the server's lifespan just for gear
B3) there was one user that asked where their donation items were in public since they never actually got them. their thread was deleted and their accounts were banned

C) MIURETH and ARELH (who will henceforth be known as Dracula) actually banned somebody for giving away a booma's claw to one of their friends, then began to circlejerk in a locked thread about how good of a job they were doing
C2) literally everything about antihack.dll
C3) Instead of fixing their broken and easily exploitable QAllow flags so people couldn't dupe gear, they just set up a list of items that you'd be banned for trading

D) anybody that showed any resistance or hesitation when it came to totalitarian moderation was silenced/removed (corey, break, ives)

E) remember when i said crono was running the server out of his basement? he wasn't running backups, then the HDD with all the server data died. he came clean after a month of downtime saying how sorry he was that it came to this and that he had tried everything and he'll try to be around more often from now on..... then immediately disappeared again

F) finally, after everyone had mostly given up and moved on, THEY CAME BACK. despite there being well-known servers in ultima and eden, and ephinea having come up to provide users a more "clean" experience. somehow their most diehard fans came back despite all of this sludge.

to my knowledge schthack is supposedly back, running the show. crono has no say there. at least, publicly.

they're basically coasting off their name and a gimmick in a pso2 server test to hope people will come back to their outdated server software, possibly in an attempt to get people to cough up more money.

CoWorker
Dec 6, 2016, 01:03 AM
damn dude... thats pretty shady :T
thanks for the time explaining it full detail good sir

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 01:38 AM
Considering there's no info on the PSO2 test they claim to have besides a splash image and a mention of it, I wouldn't doubt that it's not even a thing, and they just want to take advantage of people again, then claim something went wrong and won't be able to do the "PSO2 Private Alpha" or whatever.

Maybe I'm too cynical after everything that happened, who knows.

Sirius-91
Dec 6, 2016, 02:31 AM
Considering there's no info on the PSO2 test they claim to have besides a splash image and a mention of it, I wouldn't doubt that it's not even a thing, and they just want to take advantage of people again, then claim something went wrong and won't be able to do the "PSO2 Private Alpha" or whatever.

Maybe I'm too cynical after everything that happened, who knows.

I was informed that they're using the proxy team's source code that is on github for their private server stuff.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 6, 2016, 02:38 AM
I look forward to the mess this will cause because "Muh English Servers" whenever this thing goes live in like a year

Hysteria1987
Dec 6, 2016, 02:40 AM
to my knowledge schthack is supposedly back, running the show. crono has no say there. at least, publicly.Wait what, that's news to me. Not that I've been looking into their business for many a year now, nor do I intend to again, but if Scht is back, that could be some good news.

wefwq
Dec 6, 2016, 02:58 AM
Will worth the laugh.

Kuraihime
Dec 6, 2016, 05:36 AM
schthack.txt

right, i figured this was a better time than any to mention one key thing about these guys.

shoutout to crono being completely and utterly oblivious. the only apology i accept, wholeheartedly is:

one (1) Yamigarasu

(doesn't have to be from your gf, tho.)

(Edit: If anyone wants context, it's a really long story that's related to how he treats folks. I'll probably post a summary, if anyone's interested.)

ralf542
Dec 6, 2016, 09:09 AM
What do you think of this?

This (http://seventhumbral.org/) and this (http://ffxivclassic.fragmenterworks.com/) is was comes to my mind when someone says that private server wil come to a more then 4 years old game. I started to play PSO2 ~2 years ago, what happened in that time to cyberkitsune's private server?

I don't care if there will be a private server or not, but I think that we won't be able to play it before 2020.

n_n
Dec 6, 2016, 05:39 PM
okay SO you better have a nice glass of grape juice ready because i assure you you're going to need it for this

A) Break and Crono made a deal where Break would pretend to be broomop and sell people spheres for cheap, then ban them. Crono would then hold their account hostage unless they paid to have it unbanned. break was promised a 50/50 cut so he agreed and then he 'came clean' when it turned out to be more like 20/80 (if that)
This is a bit wrong... It was not limited to only Spheres; they sold any item with any percent for an extremely cheap price ($5 per item iirc). I had friends who would buy hacked stuff from them and then resell it for 10x the price (PGFs, 3seals, unobs like puyo/moro cell, etc) on the RMT markets. It was incredible money, but this whole fiasco only lasted a week.

You are right that they would track the account down and ban it a week later for "buying from hackers." but... they did not offer to unban it. Maybe you could have swayed Crono to unban you by bribing them with a lot of money, which would not surprise me, but I honestly never heard anyone who participated in this getting unbanned.

Tymek
Dec 7, 2016, 03:18 PM
Wow.
I did not expect this to blow up like that, to be honest. Haha.

I would also like to thank you all for shedding some light on what is up with SCHTHACK/SCHTSERV.
I have to say that, other than the data loss and sudden disappearance, I had no idea what exactly was going on with SCHTHACK/SCHTSERV.
And now I know.

wssh
Dec 7, 2016, 03:29 PM
there were many many GM weapons dealt under the rug.

Damn right there were.
I'd like to show everyone this. (http://files.diadu.net/Drama/Scht_Archive/_Extra_stuff/SCHTServ%20PSO%20Server%20Forum%20%E2%80%A2%20View %20topic%20-%20Crono%20can't%20touch%20these%20skills.htm)

ZER0 DX
Dec 7, 2016, 03:35 PM
When you fall on hard times the lure of money gets the best of us regrettably. 2012 was weird.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 7, 2016, 05:26 PM
If I have to choose between Sega/Sonic Team and Shithack, I will choose Sega every time.

Kuraihime
Dec 8, 2016, 11:51 PM
Damn right there were.
I'd like to show everyone this. (http://files.diadu.net/Drama/Scht_Archive/_Extra_stuff/SCHTServ%20PSO%20Server%20Forum%20%E2%80%A2%20View %20topic%20-%20Crono%20can't%20touch%20these%20skills.htm)

holy shit, i didn't remember schthack being that fucked up.

in any case, here's one small tidbit for disappearing (probably) forever:

crono basically did not know about the affair his GF was having, with yours truly. so when the server died, i ultimately didn't have any regrets at all.

because i could take solace in the fact that I fucked him over, before the server's collapse.

gg.

Traumin
Dec 9, 2016, 12:16 AM

crono basically did not know about the affair his GF was having, with yours truly. so when the server died, i ultimately didn't have any regrets at all.

because i could take solace in the fact that I fucked him over, before the server's collapse.

gg.

nice cuck

Zysets
Dec 9, 2016, 01:33 AM
crank that drama up to 11

Tymek
Dec 9, 2016, 04:13 AM
what the hell

ArcaneTechs
Dec 9, 2016, 04:34 AM

gg.
i almost want to believe this but the pso community has always been shit so its like 60-40 for me good bate though