PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Windows 10 - BSOD 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' After Opening The Game

R4yleonard
Dec 8, 2016, 06:26 AM
I have been getting BSOD with 'IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL' error code while trying to open the game (around a month by now). Unfortunately, it comes with another problem before, so I don't remember when it occurred, nor use system restore to fix this.

I'm using ASUS ROG GL552VX laptop with Windows 10 64 bit version 1607 (Build 14393.447). Spec below
[SPOILER-BOX]Spec
RAM : 8 GB
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M
Processor : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

For a more detailed look, download the zip file from DM Log Collector here (http://www.tenforums.com/attachments/bsod-crashes-debugging/112797d1481191483-bsod-irql-not-less-equal-opening-phantasy-star-online-2-a-r4-gl552vx-thu_12_08_2016__01340_32.zip)
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Important points :
- It actually occurs on both SEA and JP ver.
- There are rare moments when I can actually play like normal. However, reopening the game after this usually results in BSOD
- Most people say this error is caused by your driver, and because of that I've tried updating/reinstalling some driver (Display, Audio, Wireless Network Adapter). BSOD still occurs
- I've tried reinstalling both version manually (without Tweaker's install function) and installing only 1 version of PSO in my PC. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem

I've tried asking on a general tech forum for help (Link (http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70350-bsod-irql-not-less-equal-opening-phantasy-star-online-2-a.html)). What we've found so far:
- Dump files indicate 'memory corruption'
> RAM test with Memtest86++ does not indicate any problem
> Reinserting RAM doesn't solve the problem

- Running Driver Verifier while trying to open the game results in another error code, 'PAGE_FAULT_BEYOND_END_OF_ALLOCATION'
> Helper suspects ASUS Memory Mapping Driver. Tried disabling it, but it doesn't help
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope someone can help me solve this problem, and thanks in advance.

Crayzus
Dec 21, 2016, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know a fix for this problem?

I never had any issues with running pso2 until recently and I have also tried various methods attempting to solve the issue but nothing seems to work.

I want to say that this has something to do with gameguard but I am not sure how to troubleshoot gameguard.

Crayzus
Mar 1, 2017, 09:53 AM
Alright I have come back with a solution to this problem. It turns out that on my newly built pc I wasn't running the most current BIOS version. After updating my BIOS I am now able to play this game with no issues. It may also have something to do with Windows 10 for some people or Gameguard. After troubleshooting everything I possibly could, updating the BIOS was the only thing that solved the problem for me.

If you are having issues give it a try!