PDA

View Full Version : Seeing the traps with Ryuker

UnitG3D
Apr 30, 2003, 12:27 AM
I found a little interesting fact last night while playing Ep2, not sure if anyone else has seen this. When I cast Ryuker I could see little blurred bits behind the teleporter. I was actually in quite a conspicuous shape, ie. that of the electric bear-trap things. Sure enough there was one back there. It seems to work on all of these traps anywhere in Episode 2, just cast Ryuker and look through it, any trap on the other side of it from you will appear as a distortion. I don't know if it sees the floating traps or not, but if it does, I think that Forces can do away with needing another item, Trap Vision.

Captain_Dude
Apr 30, 2003, 12:44 AM
Cool!

I'mo haffa play with this some!

Axon13
Apr 30, 2003, 01:17 AM
you're talking about the ones that pop up and shoot foie or gibarta correct? and if so, that's a pretty good idea to find them

UnitG3D
Apr 30, 2003, 02:04 AM
Those I'm not so sure of, but I'll sure give it a look. I'm also checking out the floating damage, freeze and status-effect traps. Other invisible things that would be wonderfull to see would be the Sino Berril/Speigle/Zoa/Zeles. I should try them out too.

Jack
Apr 30, 2003, 06:10 AM
You can see the gate traps on Seabed anyway. They're under some grating.

The_Pew
Apr 30, 2003, 11:50 AM
kewl, thanks for the tips.

UnitG3D
Apr 30, 2003, 12:12 PM
Okay, the only traps this works with are the electrical-beartrap like traps. It doesn't see the pop-up guns and the floating traps. After I did some testing around, I'm not sure if its more useful or just novel to be able to do it. It does come in handy in the mountains and the Jungle East area however, as there are alot of said traps that are invisible.