PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 I gotta be missing something here.

Alexandrious12
Dec 20, 2016, 11:08 PM
Ok, so everyone I spoke with told me that PSO2 at least up to Episode 3, near everything has been translated now by AIDA team and such. Ok, well a 50-60 percent translation was what kept me and my friend from playing.

So I reinstalled the game, ran all the patches and translation updates, ran the new Proxy server, not the CK one, go in, and well, the tutorials are still untranslated, the side quests are untranslated, for example, the Mag Licence quest, and misc other stuff. I did notice that while in missions, all the story, even the yellow holograms and such has been translated. So theirs an improvement.

But people has been telling me that over 90 percent is translated now, including all the side quests. Are they wrong? Were they trolling? Maybe my game didnt patch right? Was it because I installed PSO2 into x86?

Id love an answer if possible. SEGA is too busy failing by giving us Valkyrie, Sonic, Yakuza, and the like, instead of giving what most fans wanted the past 4 years and now barely anyone cares anymore, so I figure screw it, DQX probably wont come west and that game is impossible for anyone to translate due to various reasons, and PSO2 is bout the only other thing id play, its either those two, or the immense amount of Korean P2W mmos, and ones coming out, such as BLESS or Revelations, BDO, Blade and Soul, these have action combat, these have P2W, I hate P2W. If a game is good sure ill spend 30-60 dollars a month on it, but if its got P2W I aint competing with no damn whales spending 200-500 a month on those types of games, hence why I stay away from them, and want PSO2.

Any answers would be great to my questions. Thankyou. CTT

Anduril
Dec 20, 2016, 11:16 PM
SEGA changes files, translations break, fixing them is usually stalled by real life.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2016, 11:16 PM
Ok, so everyone I spoke with told me that PSO2 at least up to Episode 3, near everything has been translated now by AIDA team and such. Ok, well a 50-60 percent translation was what kept me and my friend from playing.

So I reinstalled the game, ran all the patches and translation updates, ran the new Proxy server, not the CK one, go in, and well, the tutorials are still untranslated, the side quests are untranslated, for example, the Mag Licence quest, and misc other stuff. I did notice that while in missions, all the story, even the yellow holograms and such has been translated. So theirs an improvement.

But people has been telling me that over 90 percent is translated now, including all the side quests. Are they wrong? Were they trolling? Maybe my game didnt patch right? Was it because I installed PSO2 into x86?

Id love an answer if possible. SEGA is too busy failing by giving us Valkyrie, Sonic, Yakuza, and the like, instead of giving what most fans wanted the past 4 years and now barely anyone cares anymore, so I figure screw it, DQX probably wont come west and that game is impossible for anyone to translate due to various reasons, and PSO2 is bout the only other thing id play, its either those two, or the immense amount of Korean P2W mmos, and ones coming out, such as BLESS or Revelations, BDO, Blade and Soul, these have action combat, these have P2W, I hate P2W. If a game is good sure ill spend 30-60 dollars a month on it, but if its got P2W I aint competing with no damn whales spending 200-500 a month on those types of games, hence why I stay away from them, and want PSO2.

Any answers would be great to my questions. Thankyou. CTTIt was all translated, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked sega did a big update that broke all the old patches and the story patch team never bothered to go back and re-translate everything.

Also, what's your definition of P2W, I don't remember anything like that in BnS, and I haven't heard about anything like that in BLESS or Revelations. Depending on your answer you'll probably hate PSO2 as well.

Alexandrious12
Dec 20, 2016, 11:24 PM
It was all translated, but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked sega did a big update that broke all the old patches and the story patch team never bothered to go back and re-translate everything.

Also, what's your definition of P2W, I don't remember anything like that in BnS, and I haven't heard about anything like that in BLESS or Revelations. Depending on your answer you'll probably hate PSO2 as well.

so I happened to have came into the game when a big update broke everything? Ok that makes sense, thankyou.

Oh and BnS apparently had these mythical weapons in the cash shop people can buy, and then spend more RL money to upgrade those weapons to god-like status. I didnt see it for myself but thats what reports have stated.

Whats the average time the Translation teams need usually when a big update puts everything out of alignment?

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2016, 11:35 PM
Whats the average time the Translation teams need usually when a big update puts everything out of alignment?They specifically said they aren't planning on going back to fix it any time soon because basically it's not just some sort of shift, but the ENTIRE translation would have to be done over.

Alexandrious12
Dec 20, 2016, 11:44 PM
They specifically said they aren't planning on going back to fix it any time soon because basically it's not just some sort of shift, but the ENTIRE translation would have to be done over.

sighs.....I see....well thats a shame, guess I and my friend cant play. Damn it. -_- oh well, I know its hard, really hard translating this stuff, and its far too late for the game to ever come west. I guess this is the end of Phantasy Star for the west.

Thanks for the information. I guess all I can do is, well, play single player games, lol, I wont be mmoing for a long time. -_- But damn, they do a really good job, but they got work and lives same as everyone, I really applaud that translation team for all the ridiculously hard work they do. I just wish I was playing when everything was translated, lol....ahh...

We both really wanted a translated PSO2, and we take gaming seriously, doing whatever it takes to be "Good" players. But she cant stand things half translated, I dont mind it myself but, it can be frustrating at times.

Again thankyou for the answers.

Kondibon
Dec 20, 2016, 11:59 PM
sighs.....I see....well thats a shame, guess I and my friend cant play. Damn it. -_- oh well, I know its hard, really hard translating this stuff, and its far too late for the game to ever come west. I guess this is the end of Phantasy Star for the west.

Thanks for the information. I guess all I can do is, well, play single player games, lol, I wont be mmoing for a long time. -_- But damn, they do a really good job, but they got work and lives same as everyone, I really applaud that translation team for all the ridiculously hard work they do. I just wish I was playing when everything was translated, lol....ahh...

We both really wanted a translated PSO2, and we take gaming seriously, doing whatever it takes to be "Good" players. But she cant stand things half translated, I dont mind it myself but, it can be frustrating at times.

Again thankyou for the answers.There was never a time when EVERYTHING was translated. Also this is only the story patch, the other patches and item patch are mostly translated. The game is perfectly playable otherwise. If you REALLY want the story specificallyyou can probably find videos on youtube.

the story is pretty mediocre anyway

Alexandrious12
Dec 21, 2016, 12:23 AM
There was never a time when EVERYTHING was translated. Also this is only the story patch, the other patches and item patch are mostly translated. The game is perfectly playable otherwise. If you REALLY want the story specificallyyou can probably find videos on youtube.

the story is pretty mediocre anyway

Yea....kinda hard to do when alot of the side quests are untranslated thus I dont know what to do or what is going on, same with the tutorials. ill have to give it a pass, just chalk it up to SEGA not knowing wtf they are doing so we gotta jump hoops to play the JP version and try to translate it. I know it isnt all SEGAs fault I mean hell, every Phantasy Star they did bring over to us, a buncha kids would hack and exploit to hell for shits and giggles ruining it for everyone thus make paying players leave, but still, I wish they had just brought it over.

Alexandrious12
Dec 21, 2016, 12:38 AM
I do gotta ask though, what is bad about the SEA server again? Something about the cash shop and being a year behind in updates?

Gourd
Dec 21, 2016, 05:43 AM
EDIT: Ignore this.

arokidaaron
Dec 21, 2016, 10:43 AM
I do gotta ask though, what is bad about the SEA server again? Something about the cash shop and being a year behind in updates?

P2W costumes that negate a ton of damage, give so much rare drop boost rate, and some damage buffs too. Right now it's 2 years behind content and people are leaving, heck you can't even find a full block anymore.

wefwq
Dec 21, 2016, 10:57 AM
I never bought AC up until now, been playing since 2012.
Real money definitelly make you acquire in-game money easier, thus will smoothen your sail a little bit.

Half decent and actual decent equipment mainly come from real hard work (grinding a whole lot, staying up late for quests, etc), and luck.
Starting from EP4, SEGA adding "collection file" system, basically your kill-list, fill your quota and the weapon will be forced to drop for you, this will help newbie and veteran a lot acquiring wide variety of equipments.

Costumes can only acquired straight from SEGA via AC scratch, but you able to buy it from other players via shop, using in-game money.
Costume don't add stat or any bonus/benefit gameplay-wise, it only to please your eyes and nothing outside that pretty much.
AC stuff that add stat is probably going to be the boosters affix thing, but you can bought it from other player using in-game money

- All costume adds stat and bonuses, which considered as P2W
- Costume bonus will expire past the set date by asiasoft
- Costume will bind to user after equipped (you cannot resell used costumes)
- AC spend rank (literally a rank to measure your whale fat), spend most AC to be the rank 1.
- Winner of AC spend rank will be ""rewarded"" with exclusive costume that cannot be acquired anywhere else
- Content-wise, is far behind compared to JP server
- Less populated server for obvious reason
- Price of player shop is more crazy compared to the one we have on JP server, because they're still using the old money grind system

Protip: SEA server is the main reason SEA player got IP banned from JP server, so it's automatically to be assumed as the bad boy server.