PDA

View Full Version : Favorite PSO Music Tracks?

Tymek
Dec 31, 2016, 08:16 PM
What are your favorite PSO music tracks?

I really like the second half of [Can still see the light]. It's interesting how it kinda becomes an entirely different song in the second half, haha.
[You have nowhere to go] and [From seeing the rough wave] are very catchy, aswell!

Freeze
Jan 2, 2017, 09:35 PM
World with me ep 2 version and Jungle A Lush Load followed by Jungle A Forest Cage of coarse. It is pretty hard to choose as all of PSOs music was pretty awesome. So much so I bought both sound tracks ripped them to my xbox 360 and used it to replace PSU's music back when the servers were up.

Tymek
Jan 3, 2017, 11:57 AM
World with me ep 2 version and Jungle A Lush Load followed by Jungle A Forest Cage of coarse. It is pretty hard to choose as all of PSOs music was pretty awesome. So much so I bought both sound tracks ripped them to my xbox 360 and used it to replace PSU's music back when the servers were up.

Very nice selection!
And whoa! How'd you pull that off?!

Freeze
Jan 3, 2017, 04:05 PM
It wasn't technically replacing the physical tracks but I ripped the CDs to the hard drive then when in game you use the media player to play the track you want and it will replace the game music. It doesn't stop playing unless you stop or change it but small inconvenience to make psu sound better.

NegaTsukasa
Apr 2, 2017, 10:10 AM
Day Dawns, Tricktrack part 2, Lushload, World with me, You Have Nowhere to Go ( there was something about this song that made it really suspenseful. )
Those are my top 5, but I do want to call a special shout out though to Vamos a Carnaval (Samba de Amigo), which was one of the funniest and unexpected songs in PSO that was hidden in the rappy quest on Story-1. XD

Freeze
Apr 3, 2017, 08:39 AM
PSOs music had a lot of atmosphere that really gave the player a sense of danger. The newer games, as much as they tried, just haven't been able to produce the same effect on the same level.

AlexCraig
Apr 5, 2017, 07:05 PM
PSOs music had a lot of atmosphere that really gave the player a sense of danger. The newer games, as much as they tried, just haven't been able to produce the same effect on the same level.
I wouldn't go that far per se. Magatsu's entire battle string of songs, Tower Defense missions, and even Esca Falz Mother in PSO2 have some pretty damn catchy themes I keep humming to myself.

That said, if there was ever a song in the whole lexicon of Phantasy Star that continues to draw me back to wanting to play, it's TrickTrack from Episode II.

Freeze
Apr 5, 2017, 07:19 PM
I agree those are pretty good and I do love PSO2's music, I just find they don't quite convey the same urgency of doom that the original game produced. Of all the phantasy star games, PSO still has what I feel is the best atmospheric music, followed closely by PSO2.

AlexCraig
Apr 5, 2017, 07:25 PM
I think that's in part because PSO2 is far closer to PSO than most other installments. There are even PSO songs being used in PSO2 for certain quests, and hell, the quest Winged Border Breaker ends with the players fighting Gal Griffin in front of the towers on Gal Da Val, complete with music and everything.

Crazyleo
Apr 6, 2017, 08:07 AM
I think that's in part because PSO2 is far closer to PSO than most other installments. There are even PSO songs being used in PSO2 for certain quests, and hell, the quest Winged Border Breaker ends with the players fighting Gal Griffin in front of the towers on Gal Da Val, complete with music and everything.

Speaking of the Griffin:

I love the track that accompanies the battle against that beast. By far my #1 track in the game

Demon-
Apr 7, 2017, 02:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_kUlf-A870

Tricktrack Part 2 - My personal favorite track, love the sampling of PSII battle theme Rise or Fall.
World With Me - The best ending theme I've ever heard in a video game.
Day Dawns - Will be forever etched into me soul!
'IDOLA' Have the Divine Blade - One of the best boss themes you'll ever come across. I still get goosebumps when I hear this song.
Entry Into The Crater Part 2 - Ep4 had plenty good tracks but this is the best, such a good sound.
Jungle - A Forest Cage - Always had me grooving in the jungle.
Image A Hero - The nostalgia is off the charts.

darkante
Apr 12, 2017, 12:51 PM
Tricktrack - Catchy rhytm, makes you feel pumped up for battles.
World with me - Beautiful, almost makes me wanna cry every time.
Revolution To The Origin - Impressive dark theme, very fitting for the area. Still gets chills listening to it and yet i love creepy stuff quite a bit as i tend to rather listening to creepy tales then music these days.. Canīt get enough.

Image a Hero - Very powerful, love this tune as this one makes wanna get exploring.
Seabed (Abysmal Ball- Intermission) - Makes me excited, took a long time for me to understand what the word "Seabed" meant...never really clicked for me until way later.
Chaotic Bar and Pioneer 2 and Forest 1 - Makes me all very excited to look around and discover.
'IDOLA' have the Immortal feather - Epic song, best moment i had way back on Gamecube.
Day Dawns - Great song, i canīt really put a word for it.

And then lastly.. A song for eternal story - Nostalgia bomb.

Itīs very hard to say just one song. PSO in truth left a powerful impact on me and rarely these days do i get too touch greatness as it has pretty much everything i like about a game.

witapepsi
Apr 29, 2017, 04:14 PM
I love the Forest, Subterranean Desert, and Temple themes!
Forest, it's a great first impression when you start playing for the first time, experiencing enemies and the gameplay.
Desert, honestly reminds me of a Depeche Mode song. I grew up listening to them, due to my parents, it feels comforting.
Temple, brings years of old memories of my younger sister, younger cousin, and I playing I&IIplus together.

I also love the little fill in transition parts that goes into the combat themes of the levels, it's such a nice touch you won't be able to hear from a CD.

To be honest, I love a lot about the soundtrack, it really put a lot of influence into my life. I purchased a JV-1080 and a TR-rack solely because of how much I love the soundtrack, I want to compose songs that imitate Phantasy Star Online music. I've studied on which songs/parts were written by Hideaki Kobayashi & which Fumie Kumatani did. It's so awesome to get a glimpse on how they composed at that time!

gussah
Jun 3, 2017, 12:46 PM
I really like Ruins music especially shifting from Safe to Combat theme music.