PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Bad character Name?????

hawaiianPride
Apr 30, 2003, 02:47 AM
What the **** i made my character name, Moo Moo cow.
and after beating dark falz on normal i decide to take him online. and bull **** xbox live gives me a message saying that its a bad character name, rename the character. what is so wrong about the name, Moo Moo Cow????????????

serialtoon
Apr 30, 2003, 02:48 AM
You can change the name?

hawaiianPride
Apr 30, 2003, 02:51 AM
Yes you can. i think only if its a bad name. i changed my name to Moo Moo. and it worked but whats the prob with cow?

Kent
Apr 30, 2003, 03:23 AM
It's probably the fact that jackasses refer to overweight people as cows.

Joe-Azlin
Apr 30, 2003, 05:41 AM
Yea, usually when the game wont let you choose that name its because its a bad name like a swear word or something, but I dont see the problem with Moo Moo Cow.

SmashBrother
Apr 30, 2003, 07:15 AM
muhaha I know Microsoft sucks ass

Ropponmatsu
Apr 30, 2003, 08:22 AM
On 2003-04-30 05:15, SmashBrother wrote:

Can't you go to some Microsoft board and flame there please... -,-

polishedweasel
Apr 30, 2003, 08:49 AM
WOW! Microsoft let you change your name??? do you know how awesome that is for gameplay? You don't like your ID? Make some sort of slur or comment in your name. Wow, that's really cool. Some of the other players may understand what I mean by being able to change your ID.

The_Pew
Apr 30, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-04-30 06:22, Ropponmatsu wrote:

On 2003-04-30 05:15, SmashBrother wrote:

Can't you go to some Microsoft board and flame there please... -,-

LMAO! well put.

On 2003-04-30 06:49, polishedweasel wrote:
WOW! Microsoft let you change your name??? do you know how awesome that is for gameplay? You don't like your ID? Make some sort of slur or comment in your name. Wow, that's really cool. Some of the other players may understand what I mean by being able to change your ID.

you can only change your name if it is a bad name.

Lord_Ariakas
Apr 30, 2003, 12:01 PM
Am I the only one that thinks its sad that the word "cow" has to be censored? That's pretty pathetic IMO, next they'll be banning all animal names because someone might get offended. People should lighten up.

SubstanceD
Apr 30, 2003, 02:29 PM
Before I got PSO on the Gamecube I experemented on the Dreamcast with a HUnewearl named 666 who was Skyly ID. I was going to name my HUcaseal the same thing but decided not to incase Sonic Team banned me just in case Hell froze over and I managed to get online so I went with Destruction instead. I am very much shocked that Moo Moo Cow was concidered to be an inaproprate name ( what is so bad about Cows, they are gentle peace loving animals that never hurt anyone, well except for that Madcow dissease thing ). I am even more shocked that you were allowed to change your name, I guess there are some perks to Microsofts pay to play philosophy, don't want to piss off the customers do they now. Did you get a new section ID or were you still left with your first one.

Blenjar
Apr 30, 2003, 02:32 PM
2 bad kid.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 30, 2003, 02:46 PM
Hmmm...another reason why MadCowChuck shouldn't go to XBL. I think that's bad omen for me or something.

llEXll_FatDump
Apr 30, 2003, 02:56 PM
yea...thats happened to me and to my friend. We both had to change our names. He thought his game didnt work anymore and deleted his whole thing. I just changed my name. I wanted to anyways LOL i got a new Section ID. Since it goes off your name and all it has to change! yAy.

PlatinumGame
Apr 30, 2003, 08:51 PM
I was pissed when it rejected Jack Rabbit as my FOnewm's name. What in the world is wrong with Sonic Team blocking non-offensive names?

hawaiianPride
Apr 30, 2003, 10:34 PM
Did you get a new section ID or were you still left with your first one.

I dont know about that becuase my section id stayed at greenil, maybe Moo Moo is greenil is a greenil 2, ill have to check on that with the Section id cauculater or you can do that your self(Moo Moo Cow has 1 spaces at the end of it)Moo Moo dont.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hawaiianPride on 2003-05-01 00:45 ]</font>

Huntley
May 1, 2003, 12:10 AM
mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

moo clan rocksssss

Mazarin
May 1, 2003, 01:40 AM
That's strange, they let Sybian go no problem...

Captain_Dude
May 1, 2003, 02:39 AM
On 2003-04-30 23:40, Mazarin wrote:
That's strange, they let Sybian go no problem...

Heh, I hope they let my RAcast, Orgasmotron, by! That would suck if he were to be blocked! I'm quite partial to the name Orgasmotron, for I liked the Woody Allen movie Sleeper very much...

faceless
May 1, 2003, 01:05 PM
so does changing your name change the section id too?

that's an important piece of info...

llEXll_FatDump
May 1, 2003, 05:38 PM
Yes changing your name lets your section ID change. But it will only let you change your name if XBOX rejects it for some reason. and it seems to be rejecting names int he middle of nowhere even after you've played online a few times.

My friends was at level 18....and only played online. Then one day it just said he had to change his name. XBOX sucks @ss sometimes.!

Barubary6
May 1, 2003, 05:48 PM
I think this is Microsoft's doing, not Sonic Team's. Pirate versions of the game allow you to make censored names, such as Linux. In order to counteract this breach, they had to make a server-side check for bad names. I guess the server check is different than the client check.

-- Barubary

harmfulcow
May 1, 2003, 07:26 PM
ill tell you whats wrong with it harmfulcow reigns above all cows! Bwabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabw abawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwa bwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawabwab wabwabawabwabwabwabawabwabwabwabawa! uh sorry

ALPHAM0F0
May 1, 2003, 07:37 PM
well my characters orig. name was Gekigengar.... but when i tried to get online i had to change it to Gekigan. so i know what you mean

Captain_Dude
May 2, 2003, 01:37 AM
On 2003-05-01 15:48, Barubary6 wrote:
I think this is Microsoft's doing, not Sonic Team's. Pirate versions of the game allow you to make censored names, such as Linux. In order to counteract this breach, they had to make a server-side check for bad names. I guess the server check is different than the client check.

-- Barubary

Linux is a censored name? That has got to be some of the funniest information I've ever heard... Geez... Microsoft really hates their competition...
*Dies laughing*

faceless
May 2, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-05-01 15:38, llEXll_FatDump wrote:
Yes changing your name lets your section ID change.

aw, darn, that's too bad... if it didn't change section id, you could force any section id you wanted with any name you wanted by using an illegal name to get the section id you want then change to the name you really wanted when prompted...

kagero
May 2, 2003, 02:26 PM
thats too funny, they did it to my character too. I recreated my character from the gamecube version. Her name was Kiara. Went to go online and it said that name was not allowed on microsoft server. Had to change her name! lol, so whats wrong with the name Kiara? is that a bad word in another language or somethin? O well, I just made her name kagero!! guess Im not to heartbroken! lol its like you cant type shoes or saturday or say Kiara