PDA

View Full Version : What is the best char out of each class?

RaNDoMMai
Apr 30, 2003, 06:39 AM
I'm in the mood to make a new char.
I was wondering what are the best char in each class and why. some ppl like the androids some like the females. i was wondering what is everyone take on this. Keep in mind i am a total noob and i dont have any good stuff.

thx
~RaNdoMMAI

Ropponmatsu
Apr 30, 2003, 07:10 AM
Depend on what your looking for, if your looking for to have stronger tech's go with a female, if you want more overall stats, go with a male. Every sub-class has its own specific advantage, I use a RAcaseal because they have higher DFP and EVP than other classes, RAcast's have higher ATA and ATP, HUnewearls can use higher lvl tech's which makes them great for support, HUcaseal's have very high EVP, etc, just try different characters till you get one that feel's right, I don't think anyone should give advice on choosing your own character, its your choice and yours alone...

Helios
Apr 30, 2003, 11:23 AM
if you want brute force, then HUcast
if you want a nice line of defence, RAcaseal
if you're in it for the techs, FOnewearl

Personally, i think you should choose based on looks

Vanango
Apr 30, 2003, 11:38 AM
Well, first piece of warning: don't play a HuMar, people just hate them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

here are a few questions though, how do you think You'll want to play?> I wouldn't recommend a FO for your first character, that's what I did and it was really really hard to level up b/c I couldn't find techs. (however, if you're interested, i could help you w/ that... I have tons of techs I'll give you for free, PM me if you're interested)

Fos are tons of fun to play, but it can be hard since it's more than just hack and slash. It's not that complicated, but having to see what each enemy's weakness and what to use on them (a good thing to remember though is blue enemies - hit with fire/foie, yellow enemies - hit with lightening/zonde and purple enemies - hit with ice/barta. Ya dig?)

Androids are a lot of fun to play but I think they are pretty difficult as well. I have a lvl 101 Racast and he wasn't really fun to play until I found a spread needle for him. It's a lot harder to lvl them up because you only have a limited amount of traps (which are fun to use) but trying to hit all the enemies quickly can be difficult, esp when you're using a final impact, which is powerful, but slow slow slow. I think it's a little frustrating.

You can consider one of the other Ras if you want to be at a distance, I don't think there are enough Ramarls being played, which is a nice class because you play with the big guns and you have lvl 20 techniques. That extra 5 lvls of shifta and deband help a lot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As for the HUs, I've only played a Hunewearl, for the extra 5 lvl tech disks, she's really really popular and a lot of fun to play with, and she looks sexy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Hus can be a little frustrating to play with intially -- since it's hand to hand, you have to watch your Defense and health a lot more carefully. Your first character is always hard, but if you're online its not as bad, you can find cool people to help you out and being on a team helps a lot.

Anyways, I hope that helps. And Good Luck

Omni-SqwirL
Apr 30, 2003, 12:05 PM
These are in my personal opinion

HUNTER:
HUnewearl: Can use level 20 Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure, other hunters can't

RANGER:
RAmarl: Same as above, but the RAmar can use them, but only level 15

FORCE: This one's a toughie.

FOmars can hold their own offline, so that's my premier choice. Bonuses = GI level, Grants, and Shifta and Deband

FOmarls can take a hit without dying, and their healing bonus is awesome. Resta and Anti and Grants

FOnewmans have the 1.3X bonus on RA techniques...that's always good.

FOnewearls have the highest MST in the game, and the bonus on simple techs is awesome...plus their Megid bonus

I am very vague right now...not having a smart day

HaLLa
Apr 30, 2003, 02:25 PM
Hunter- HUcast..... highest HP and ATP in game, traps, only part that sucks is no resta or s and d.

Ranger- RAcaseal..... good def, pow, ata, so on

Force- FOnewm....... bonus to RAs and 2nd highest TP and MST

RaNDoMMai
Apr 30, 2003, 03:32 PM
Hey i have a lvl 38 foneaweal. she is really cool. but i have problems becase i die in one hit sometimes. i want to make a ranger i think. i cant decide on either the human girl or the android one. any ideas?
What is your gamer tag. mine is RaNDoMMAI and my char is Mai
my lil bro plays under my tag and his char is Dimitri, he is a Humar thats looks like a devil may cry guy.

Thanks
~RaNDoM

On 2003-04-30 09:38, Vanango wrote:
Well, first piece of warning: don't play a HuMar, people just hate them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

here are a few questions though, how do you think You'll want to play?> I wouldn't recommend a FO for your first character, that's what I did and it was really really hard to level up b/c I couldn't find techs. (however, if you're interested, i could help you w/ that... I have tons of techs I'll give you for free, PM me if you're interested)

Fos are tons of fun to play, but it can be hard since it's more than just hack and slash. It's not that complicated, but having to see what each enemy's weakness and what to use on them (a good thing to remember though is blue enemies - hit with fire/foie, yellow enemies - hit with lightening/zonde and purple enemies - hit with ice/barta. Ya dig?)

Androids are a lot of fun to play but I think they are pretty difficult as well. I have a lvl 101 Racast and he wasn't really fun to play until I found a spread needle for him. It's a lot harder to lvl them up because you only have a limited amount of traps (which are fun to use) but trying to hit all the enemies quickly can be difficult, esp when you're using a final impact, which is powerful, but slow slow slow. I think it's a little frustrating.

You can consider one of the other Ras if you want to be at a distance, I don't think there are enough Ramarls being played, which is a nice class because you play with the big guns and you have lvl 20 techniques. That extra 5 lvls of shifta and deband help a lot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

As for the HUs, I've only played a Hunewearl, for the extra 5 lvl tech disks, she's really really popular and a lot of fun to play with, and she looks sexy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Hus can be a little frustrating to play with intially -- since it's hand to hand, you have to watch your Defense and health a lot more carefully. Your first character is always hard, but if you're online its not as bad, you can find cool people to help you out and being on a team helps a lot.

Anyways, I hope that helps. And Good Luck

Vanango
Apr 30, 2003, 05:05 PM
On 2003-04-30 13:32, RaNDoMMai wrote:
Hey i have a lvl 38 foneaweal. she is really cool. but i have problems becase i die in one hit sometimes. i want to make a ranger i think. i cant decide on either the human girl or the android one. any ideas?
What is your gamer tag. mine is RaNDoMMAI and my char is Mai
my lil bro plays under my tag and his char is Dimitri, he is a Humar thats looks like a devil may cry guy.

Thanks
~RaNDoM

Fos can be frustrating to play but they are a lot of fun. As for your ranger, again, it depends on how dependent you want to be on techniques. I think there should be more racaseals out there, they are a challenge to play but they're really cool. You should also take into account how often you play online and offline. (offline single mode) b/c it's tough playing alone w/o a good shifta/deband. In my opinion, I think the satisfaction of having a really good Racaseal is greater than the Ramarl, but the ramarl is probably a lot less frustrating.

I personally like playing w/ androids, yay for traps!

Anyways, hope that helps a little more.

p.s. as for me, I wish they has a RAnewearl... gotta love that automatic TP recovery

RaNDoMMai
Apr 30, 2003, 05:41 PM
about the tp thing. it seems to go up REALLY SLOW. like 1 tp per minute. what lvl do you need to be before it is good?

anyd i perfer to play offline. so does that mean i should make the human girl ranger?

we should play online some times. i hate playing online before when i stand in the back blasting things away with my rafoi, ppl come up and steal everything. i need to make some good buddies to play with, but being a noob its hard.

Thabnks for all the advice everyone
~RaNDoMMAI

On 2003-04-30 15:05, Vanango wrote:
Fos can be frustrating to play but they are a lot of fun. As for your ranger, again, it depends on how dependent you want to be on techniques. I think there should be more racaseals out there, they are a challenge to play but they're really cool. You should also take into account how often you play online and offline. (offline single mode) b/c it's tough playing alone w/o a good shifta/deband. In my opinion, I think the satisfaction of having a really good Racaseal is greater than the Ramarl, but the ramarl is probably a lot less frustrating.

I personally like playing w/ androids, yay for traps!

Anyways, hope that helps a little more.

p.s. as for me, I wish they has a RAnewearl... gotta love that automatic TP recovery

Delsaber
Apr 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
I suggest RAcast. It has a nice attack, only like 70 less than HUmar at max, plus rifles! Has a nice defense and highest HP in the game, RAcast has highest, not the HUcast. Excellent accuracy, not as good as RAmar or RAmarl but still very well off. Long ranger attacks... That would do it for me, even though I took a force. I wanted to try one for once. Well, the real decision is up to you. Choice wisely!

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 30, 2003, 09:48 PM
I suggest either HUnewearl, FOnewearl, or RAcast. I have played with each and every one of those and I think they rock.

Rhete
Apr 30, 2003, 11:15 PM
Hunter: HUmar
Ranger: RAmarl
Force: Fonewm

Nai_Calus
May 1, 2003, 02:37 AM
Hunter: Depends. If you want decent techs, go with a HUnewearl. Good luck making her not look like a whore. ^_-;;; If you want a generic jack of all trades, master of none, go with the HUmar.
Ranger: I don't care for Rangers, I prefer techs or hack&slash. So, I don't have an opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Force: FOmar or FOnewm. The FOmar seems to be a bit like the HUmar, except in reverse: Good techs, good enough ATP. Good luck making him look straight. Then again, anime has taught us that all the good bishounen are gay anyways. And if they aren't, they're lying. XD FOnewms I personally find to be relatively easy to play, for a Force, even without twinkage. Strong techs with a bonus to RA-levels, which are all you really use after a while anyways.(Well, I personally prefer Gizonde over Razonde, but.) Plus they have the Newman TP recovery, which at low levels is a godsend when you have no money, not telepipes, and have yet to find a single monofluid. (Rar! I'm a Hildebear! Silly little Force! Out of TP and out of Monofluids! Rar! Whatcha gonna do, brother? Hey! Why are you just standing there outside the room? Hey wait a minute, where'd you get that TP from, please, no, don't use Barta on m-*boom*)
Although twinked with a high-level Hunter MAG, it can be fun to hack and slash your way through an area with a FOmar. You know. Normal Mines. With a Pallasch. On a L12 Force. Yar. But usually I want to play a Force when I'm playing a Force, and thus go for the usual spell-spamming.
In short: HUmar, FOmar or FOnewm. But that's just my taste. (If only there was a HUmarl or a HUnewm. *sigh*)

Oh, hello there, oldest post of mine the forum search finds that may well be my first, from seven years ago. Hello, 19-year old self. WHAT THE HELLS IS WRONG WITH YOU DIE IN A FIRE.

PlatypusMaximus
May 1, 2003, 04:10 AM
Well, my personal favourite character is the RAmarl. She has a good selection of weapons, and she looks pretty cool. Pity mines a Bluefull... >_<