PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone New player to PSO2 & LF a group/guild & ppl to run wit & friends

phynixtyger
Feb 13, 2017, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I am taking a few min to intro my self :) , I am a lady gamer, gaming has always been 1 of my passions, I am new to PSO 2, I speak English, I am currently looking for a guild or a group who would be willing to take a new player under their wing, I am a SEASONED gamer, I been a gamer for many many years, I was gaming since the first Atari console, (yeah.. that makes me a OLD FART :D ..lol).I enjoy hard core grinding or instance runs, I also enjoy casual laid back days, just talking, or RP. I also enjoy helping others in my guild. I may be a old fart.. but im a fun old fart :D, who loves to game & making friends & helping my friends / guild mates.

I Just started playing PSO2 ( i wanted to play this game for quite some time) yesterday, after reading this forum, and google translate some of the other sites, I learned that Ship 2, 7, 10 have a high volume of English speaking ppl.

my first question is... Is this still the case today? do these ships still have a good amount of English speaking ppl ? (SHIPS: 2, 7, 10) and which ships do you suggest that would have like minded gamer as my self ?

My plan was to make a toon on each of these ships to see if I can find a guild /group who did not mind a new low lvl player joining & helping me & to enjoy the game wit. IDK if this is a good idea or a waste of time ? so that is why I am posting here 1st. :)

my second question is... I noticed a new class, summoner ... I have played PSO in the past on the consoles but I do not remember ever seeing this class before as a player character, (now remember im a old fart ^^ :-D ..sorry, if my memory is a bit off.. it bcuz it been a very long time since i played this game)

Is this a NEW PC CLASS for PSO2 ?
Is this class good for soloing (just in case i cant find a group who want to run low lvl player ) how is the surviability ?
I would appreciate any links to this class or links to a good solo class ? that i can play on until i can get my self up to a suitable lvl for a group

Back in the older games I enjoyed a force user but i remember bak then they were quite SQUISHY ...lol ( is that also still the case now in PSO 2 ?)
also back then I had a CAST (if my memory is correct ) she had a rifle n i think she was a gunner .. this was much better on survival (do this still apply to PSO2 ? )

sorry i got a bit off topic.. my bad.. :razz:

if any one can pleez point me in the right direction to find a ship wit English speaking ppl, and also can pleez help me find a good group who would be willing to teach this old lady gamer (the new UI n also some of the quest & also some of the in game directions are not in English, maybe point me to links) how to navigate the game & also be willing to take me into their guild/group, I would very much appreciate the assistance & I would welcome any advice & I am happy to make new friends & I am happy to help in return :D.

one more thing... If any one want to invite me to ur group/ guild in PSO2 , pleez ONLY ASK if u are serious, I do not welcome TROLLS or ppl who r disrespectful or inconsiderate, NO bully's & NO DRAMA to other gamer or myself (we all want to enjoy the game, we all are new to a game, we all have different play styles n learning styles) I have made many online friendships that have lasted for over 20 years wit my online gaming friends from all over the world and all who I still talk to today on face book. bcuz i treat every one wit respect & i am considerate of others & I enjoy helping & I do not take advantage of other ppl kindness. I like to game & hang out wit other like minded ppl. (sorry if that sounded too forward..lol)

I am happy to help any one and if you want to add me, then send me a FR, I also game on XB1 n PS4 & PC. I hope to make new friends and I hope to see you all in game :).

my 1st toon I made yesterday is on ship 2 she is a summoner her name is Phynix. but b4 i lvl up more I like to find more info on the class, ships, n more updated information that is current to today's game some of the info i found was much older , I was not sure if this still applied to the current status of the game, especially the info on the English speaking ships & the other classes & builds , since this game has been out for quite some time and the devs may have changed or tweaked the classes since the dates on some of the guides I read.

TYVM for reading my post be well everyone :)

phynix tyger

Anduril
Feb 13, 2017, 04:22 PM
First of all, welcome to PSO-W and PSO2.
Second, Ship 2 does have the highest number of English-speaking players.

Now, yes, Summoner is completely new to the PS franchise, and is actually a good class for beginners, though it is actually a fairly complex class for end-game since it requires the management and building of several different Pets and their Candy Boxes. The Summoner Class Discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?230637-Summoner-Class-Discussion) thread is a big long, but most of the discussion is worth a skim.

Technically speaking, all classes aside from Hunter, Force, and Ranger are new to PSO2, though they actually share aspects from other PS games.
In terms of squishyness of any class, yes, Forces still tend to be squishy, but much less so than in PSO since PSO2 actaully has dodging. Also, race choice is far more just for the aesthetic than in PSO as differences in racial stats are rather nominal (ie. a FOcast tends to be just a squisshy as a FOnewearl).

Also, I would be more than willing to help you out in-game if you would like (and even invite you to our Team, though I warn you we are a bit dead, and the majority of the Team is in Europe); my Player ID is AndrlCh.

EDIT: Sent a friend request.

Freeze
Feb 15, 2017, 07:55 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/AmandaBBwelcome.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/Deepfreezerules_zpsp2bxnzpb.jpg

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/DeepfreezeRAmar/heidiwelcome3.jpg

I just happen to be an old school gamer too. Not Atari, it was coleco vision. I'd love to invite you to the guild I belong but I don't have that authority and nobody else in the guild seems to be on anymore. However if you want to look me up my user is Freeze61. I'd be happy to team up and help out. That goes for anybody else too.