PDA

View Full Version : Mag Cell

Tkc613
Feb 16, 2001, 09:51 PM
What does Mag Cell 502 do. Are there different cells? Do you need specific mags for each cell to work?

Cliftonium
Feb 16, 2001, 09:55 PM
Hi TKC;

The MAG cell, when used on a MAG, supposedly changes it into a special looking MAG. There's some really strict requirements for changing it (MAG cells require level 100, Opa-opa's heart requires level 100, and Pian's heart requires level 100, sync=120, IQ=200).

All this info comes from nozedive's FAQ. I myself haven't found a MAG cell, or a heart as of yet. There are pictures on a japanese website (www.jeha.org/pso/mag/dic.html), and even if your browser can't display japanese, just look for the mag cell number, and your section ID (it appears something like ......502......ID A) in the text boxes.

Where did you find your cell? What level are you and your MAG also?

=) Cliftonium

Nemmith
Feb 16, 2001, 10:00 PM
Where is nozedive's FAQ located?

Cliftonium
Feb 16, 2001, 10:04 PM
Hi nemmith

nozedive's FAQ can be found graciously posted at GameFAQs.com (www.gamefaqs.com). I don't have the exact link address, but you can find it easily (PSO apparently has the number one read FAQ as of 2/16/01!) on that site.

Tkc613
Feb 16, 2001, 10:32 PM
I didn't actually find my mag cell. I traded for it with this guy that was level 99. Anyways I'm level 90 now and I am using a lv160(120/200/22/66/22/50) Bhirava mag.

Nemmith
Feb 16, 2001, 11:01 PM
Thanks a bunch! I am talking to a guy at Sega to get the lowdown on this whole Mag stuff. Will report back when I here more! The 8 rare mags is part of the info I will report on !

Cliftonium
Feb 16, 2001, 11:13 PM
Sweet! I didn't know there were eight special MAGs. The only ones I know of are: Opa Opa, Pian, Sonichi, Chureru, Pureta, Pitori, and the fabled Sonic MAG. I'm actually curious as to what level you need to be, to be able to find the MagCells in VH/Forest.

Nemmith
Feb 16, 2001, 11:16 PM
I know this much!!! Cell 502 is needed in order to get the Sonic Mag! As far as exactly what your current mag has to be at is what I am looking into.

Nemmith
Feb 16, 2001, 11:25 PM
I want the sonic Mag !!!

Tkc613
Feb 17, 2001, 12:04 AM
Great... so should I use it on my mag or not? I don't remember what ID this mag came from as I got it as a baby in a trade. Does it take into account its owners ID or its original owners?

Nemmith
Feb 17, 2001, 12:16 AM
I don't know. I an waiting to find out . I will let you know.

Skee
Feb 19, 2001, 12:14 AM
That Sonic mag's special power better be that it allows you to run all the time without walking first! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Arcadean
Feb 19, 2001, 07:42 AM
The mag should run really fast around all the monsters and kill them instantly

Phantasy
Feb 20, 2001, 05:45 AM
Where can one find these Mag Cells??? I want one.

nozedive13
Feb 20, 2001, 07:30 AM
I've heard that you can only find MAG cells from boxes or boomas in forest on very hard.

Dragon-Ibuki
Feb 24, 2001, 04:09 AM
Can it be found online or does it have to be in an offline game...(silly lil' weak me hasn't even beaten game on normal...darned short force legs, that must be it!)

Dragon-Ibuki
Feb 24, 2001, 04:15 AM
Oh, and by the way...did you find it mostly in boxes or by killing those wretched enemies? (makes it easier for me to go alone if I know where to look...no one to steal it first!)

Cheech
Feb 24, 2001, 12:02 PM
I just recieved my mag cell and attached it to my HUmar to get this little Digimonish egg mag called Sonitchi. Anyway it's REALLY powerful. When you kill one guy, your photon goes up about 4-8 points! And at every boss fight, it casts Shifta and Deband on everyone, and I'm invincible!

On mag cells, I was thinking on how there is a number after each mag cell (502, 20 something) maybe if you have all of the mag cells, you have to bring it to that guy that makes weapons out of enemies (or maybe just have all the parts in your inventory) and it'll make it's self a Sonic mag. Mag cell kinda sounds like a PIECE of a mag. Maybe the sonic mag got "broken" and you have to find the pieces to put him back together. ^_^;; Just a thought.

Kerek
Feb 25, 2001, 05:40 PM
Cool man, but WHERE did you get your Mag Cell? I've been playing on Vhard in the Forest and have never gotten one yet. Now, I even went online and made a Vhard game for myself and passworded it so no one could come in.
None yet. I can't play Vhard offline yet because I haven't beaten Hard yet. Where o' where are these hidden mag cells?

Heero_Yuy
Feb 25, 2001, 06:12 PM
All i want is a little sonic mag floating with me as i play in PSO now that would be one cool lookin mag. Screw my varaha i want sonic!!!

Cheech
Feb 25, 2001, 06:38 PM
I found it V-hard Forest. Don't be surprised if you don't find one. It is probably the hardest item in the game to find. But don't go LOOKING for it. Cause it will probably never show up. Just play normally and it might show up right infront of your face. =)

Kerek
Feb 25, 2001, 10:58 PM
Cheech, thats it. You and me are going Mag Cell hunting, if we get extras ( I just want one!) then we will hook up members of this board. Generousity rules. How about it, tonight is Sunday, after the Simpsons, I will be on Puck Block 9, game name Mag Cell Hunting. Come in and join, if I'm not there yet, make the game, I'm coming soon.

Cheech
Feb 26, 2001, 12:43 AM
Sorry, I can't.

Kerek
Feb 26, 2001, 01:17 AM
How about tomorrow, I'm gonna be on most of tomorrow if not the whole day. Not night though. Whatever, anyone who wants Mag Cells, join Puck 09 - Team name Mag Cell Hunt - Password is mag

Cya