PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guide at all to corrupted characters?

MagicPink
Apr 30, 2003, 08:08 AM
Something that details all the various ways you can lose your items or characters? And possible ways to get them back? I'd like to avoid it if I can (obviously).

-paranoid MP

abrader
Apr 30, 2003, 09:10 AM
Guide to corrupted PSO Characters

By

Abrader (c) 2003

So you were playing PSO on GC, and got the olde FSOD during a save?

Welp there is not much you can do, your character is gone...

PSO GC is so hacked tho, just make a new character, and in a few hours, you will have all new rares with maxxed out stats that are far superior to your legit weapons.

Another option is to sell that PSO EP 1 and 2 disk and your GC BBA, and just get an XBOX with PSO.

Have fun!

MagicPink
Apr 30, 2003, 09:21 AM
Thanks for absolutely nothing but fan boy ravings. Go away.

Anybody with half a brain want to help? I keep hearing there's way's to fix some of the stuff that happens, especially double saves.

Buuyon
Apr 30, 2003, 09:46 AM
This might sound fan boy...but xbox is the one thats hacked...GC has like 3 hackers...any way there are ways but the only thing is...i dont know how...sorry...

abrader
Apr 30, 2003, 10:48 AM
ok everybody...just keep living in GC PSO denial....

How does XBOX have more hackers than GC....GC PSO can be hacked and have items duped without a console mod..I used to play GC PSO I KNOW THIS FOR A FACT..to do it on XBOX, offline only, you need to install a mod chip, pull the HDD out of the XBOX, hook it up to a PC to mod files, and then put the XBOX back together, which many will not do as it can affect the ability to log into live!, break the XBOX, and void the warranty...

Im not trying to be a fanboy, the corrupt data card issue is awful, I wasnt gonna keep playing GC PSO just to have my s*** deleted....the XBOX PSO doesnt exhibit that problem...you yourself said you were worried about it...wouldnt you rather just play on a version where you dont have to worry?

LollipopLolita
Apr 30, 2003, 11:13 AM
you guys stop it right now and get back on the topic, if you don't have real input that addresses the original question, don't post

incognito32
Apr 30, 2003, 11:27 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

i remember seeing more than these topics, but i could only unbury 2 in the quickest time...

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=46592&forum=3&2
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42202&forum=3&max_posts=16

neither were totally proven to work, though...

MonkeyFunky
Apr 30, 2003, 11:28 AM
from what i've read before, this may or may not work.

Create a new character on another memory card. if you already have a character on another memory card, that's fine.

open up a multiplayer game and put the "new" memory card in slot a, and the corrupt mem card in slot b. select the "transfer character" slot and have it read off the corrupted memory card.

from what i've read, there's a likeliness that the corrupted characters can be transferred to slot a and back to slot b, and after the corrupted card will be ok.

keep in mind that this is from an old post that i've seen a long time ago. I've also heard that this is not an absolute cure.

try it and let us know if it works.

R

MagicPink
Apr 30, 2003, 11:48 AM
Thanks MonkeyFunky! Here's a Photon Banana.

So that's a cure for double save or FSOD or FSOD-X? What are all those things anyway?

And I actually haven't had a character corrupted yet, I just want to know what to do should it happen.

Thanks guys!

Vanango
Apr 30, 2003, 11:49 AM
Lolipop Lolita is my hero. THat aside...

Avoiding FSOD:
-try to avoid vega. If you must play on there, fine, but avoid the first 2 or 3 blocks -- they fill up quickly
-Don't join a block by "meet user" yea, all of your friends might be playing in Antares 8, but flooding the block w/ over 100 users isn't a good idea. there's a reason they don't let you join when the block is full.
-If you have the option of Broad Band, I'd stick with that
-If you have broadband, I'd suggest networking your GC through (preferably) a router, but a hub will work as well.

There are a few other little "common sense" tips. Don't carry extra stuff with you. Even when you're trading, if they wanna see something, just take it, equipt it and show them, it's more tedious, but ya know what is more tedious than that? Losing everything and trying to get it back http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Don't raise a mag online either. Seeing your lvl 178 mag disappear isn't fun. I played a RAcast and I liked having a spread and a rifle., spread to hit everything once and a rifle to for faster power shots... yea, I definately lost a guld milla. (...)

As for existing corruption, If you lost an item? Well, stop crying and try trading or looking for a replacement, because it's gone. If you messed up transferring your character on 2 memory cards, you can still save your character, it's not technically "corrupted". i've tried explaining this procedure before but it only confused people... if you really are desperate, I'll try and explain, just PM me.

I hope that helps a bit.

Oh, also, sometimes when you join a room and you see P2 at a strange angle and nothing is happening, you jsut see space ships fly by, just wait and be patient, it's always recovered for me. (it took 10 minutes once... but no point in risking the reset button...)

Davka
Apr 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
I've been corrupted a few times myself b/c Sega seems to have it out for me. There's no way around getting corrupted but I found out something from a friend a while back that nobody seems to know and I'd like to spread it. There's a way to save your guild cards. Once you corrupt open up the lid and go in and delete just the char. file. When you close the lid it will let you start up pso again just fine and you won't have to re-enter all the Networking stuff all over again along w/ losing everything. I was told to keep this to myself but yeah...that's not nice =P.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Apr 30, 2003, 05:54 PM
Minimize damages (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=48443&forum=1&2)

Don't count on those f'ing voodoo methods.

When I get the corrupted message, I just pull out and reinsert the memory card.