PDA

View Full Version : 3/15 Super Battle Arena [818]: Goodbye Ditchers!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

SteveCZ
Apr 24, 2017, 10:02 PM
Reason why you guys still in ditchers pool is because your winrate is too high (compared to normal players) and since theres not many else with such rate - its difficult to get 12/12 MPA on some hours.

So you're saying that people who's playing it right and always win often will go to the ditcher pool? Lool.

Altiea
May 7, 2017, 04:23 PM
Minor note, but Protection is getting nerfed to 1 use after May 10th maint. I'm going to assume this has a lot to do with YOLO Sword wielders with Protection trying to steamroll people.

Also, you can't use LAs in Arena because of LA Cancelling.

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 04:41 PM
It's also because in most cases, protection is the only thing people ever pick when its available to them. I've had to formulate my strategies recently to assume everyone has protection.

AzurEnd
May 7, 2017, 04:48 PM
It's also because in most cases, protection is the only thing people ever pick when its available to them. I've had to formulate my strategies recently to assume everyone has protection.

Ive only just started playing Battle Arena and I already know what you mean... Barrier pretty much makes them immortal for its duration unless the entire team focus fires them, which isnt gonna happen.

Why I usually pick Stun Shot now when its available and just save that for if someone Barrier rushes me or if I dont have a weapon with good stagger like a Bullet Bow or Staff. You can pretty much out space and chain stun people with Bullet Bow Charge shots, its pretty funny.

Altiea
May 7, 2017, 04:52 PM
Really? I never take Protection, mainly because whenever I do, I always get gimped by some Sword wielder spamming Rising Edge until it wears off. I prefer Stun Shot, since it guarantees 1v1 wins.

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 05:01 PM
Try running protection with a boots or rifle, any PA. You can drop a lot of people pretty quickly...

AzurEnd
May 7, 2017, 05:04 PM
Really? I never take Protection, mainly because whenever I do, I always get gimped by some Sword wielder spamming Rising Edge until it wears off. I prefer Stun Shot, since it guarantees 1v1 wins.

Well most people I see in the Arena tend to not know you can mash like a master to escape stun shot in little under a second.

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 05:10 PM
Yeah. Stunshot is only good for stopping oncoming rushes. Or if you pre-emptively combo it with last nemesis or anything that moves fast and kills immediately, like granwave.

Altiea
May 7, 2017, 05:10 PM
Try running protection with a boots or rifle, any PA. You can drop a lot of people pretty quickly...

I tried this once, but I guess I didn't do it right, since I happened to run into this guy who got first hit and stunlocked me until Protection subsided, then he killed me. I blame overseas latency.

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 05:41 PM
Getting stunlocked is typical if you're fighting other sword users up close. You need something that puts a gap between you and the enemy or can close that gap safely or quickly. Gran wave can do that (a little too well actually), and strike gust boots would allow you to close in on most people before they even realize you're there. With guns, you can just pelt them entirely. Techs don't work so well because you'd empty out your PP quickly but then what do you do after that?

Unless you're the type who only busts out protection to keep yourself alive from incoming assaults as opposed to using it to cause havoc (not really a bad idea if you have megid - aim at the floor underneath you and everything around you would drop dead).

Zephyrion
May 7, 2017, 05:41 PM
I tried this once, but I guess I didn't do it right, since I happened to run into this guy who got first hit and stunlocked me until Protection subsided, then he killed me. I blame overseas latency.

Protection only negates special status effects and reduces damage. everything that can stunlock you normally, like piercing shell, Sword PAs, or everybody having at you, will still take effect.

Big issue with protection is that it makes sword pretty much juggernaut tier when it's on, which is an issue, but more importantly, guarantees that you'll win any 1vs1 you're engaged in unless the other guy also has protection, which can make for pretty stupid fights, and give an unfair disadvantage to people who didn't have it on their list.

Also, protection can find some use with any weapon in almost any situation, unlike the other skills that mainly benefits specific types of weapon, or are only applicable in specifc situations. So yeah I can understand you only get one freebie with it now

AzurEnd
May 7, 2017, 05:52 PM
Getting stunlocked is typical if you're fighting other sword users up close. You need something that puts a gap between you and the enemy or can close that gap safely or quickly. Gran wave can do that (a little too well actually), and strike gust boots would allow you to close in on most people before they even realize you're there. With guns, you can just pelt them entirely. Techs don't work so well because you'd empty out your PP quickly but then what do you do after that?

Unless you're the type who only busts out protection to keep yourself alive from incoming assaults as opposed to using it to cause havoc (not really a bad idea if you have megid - aim at the floor underneath you and everything around you would drop dead).

Well you also have to take into account Weapon Matchups too. Like if your doing Sword Vs Sword and you get knocked down by the first PA but have full PP you can Block the next attack and counter with your PA. Thought blocking is still largely not worth it outside of certain moments.

Or against said Sword user and you know the PA isnt Rising Slash and you have jet boots you can just double jump out of reach and either try and PA them back or air dash to safety. Or with Strike Gust you can pretty much bait and punish PAs using its redonk i-frames.

As for Rifle if you have the PA that causes heavy bleed you should be fine since it causes some nice stagger, but your still boned if they manage to get in.
For One Point if the other person has Protection you are just flat fucked, run away.

Staff is kind of the same deal as rifle just in its own way.

Bullet Bow can actually counter sword pretty hard since even a half charged shot can cause heavy stagger, can out range Rising Slash, and does considerable damage(Can one shot if all 3 arrows hit), always have a shot charged when approaching a corner.

Edit- You know looking on Battle Arena now im kinda surprised you cant get Union Boosters from the mode considering the teams are called Unions and all that. Guess that would take all the wind out of Solo PD though.

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 08:08 PM
I do agree with your assessment, though I was more talking about what would typically happen when one side uses protection. Weapon matchups almost don't matter when one side can tank right through your attack unless you can cause enough juggling and stunlock.

It's even psychological too - some people are surprised when they realize their attack didn't kill you and are just standing there like an idiot, while you capitalize on their inactivity and wreck them.

Altiea
May 7, 2017, 08:18 PM
I guess I just have to toy around with Protection a bit more. I think the problem the last time I used it was that I kinda ran into the guy head-on and tried to Strike Gust him, but he saw me first. At least, that's what I think happened, anyway. Maybe I should be a bit sneakier?

SteveCZ
May 7, 2017, 08:40 PM
If a few or everyone has Protection at the same time, it moves the whole team forward. The main case is not killing more, but how you are able to dominate the rainbow emblem location because of it. That's why people take it and usually use it after 1:20 or to take over a total domination of the rainbow emblem location.

1 protection is good enough balance. 2 protections after 1.20 needs 30-40 seconds for the opposite team to retake, that's too long because it takes more kills and emblems to recover that loss, which there is not much time left to do so. With 1, they should be able to maintain their position better.

AzurEnd
May 7, 2017, 08:58 PM
If a few or everyone has Protection at the same time, it moves the whole team forward. The main case is not killing more, but how you are able to dominate the rainbow emblem location because of it. That's why people take it and usually use it after 1:20 or to take over a total domination of the rainbow emblem location.

1 protection is good enough balance. 2 protections after 1.20 needs 30-40 seconds for the opposite team to retake, that's too long because it takes more kills and emblems to recover that loss, which there is not much time left to do so. With 1, they should be able to maintain their position better.

Thats another reason I like taking Stun Shot if I have it available. Its essentially a direct counter to that kind of play and gets the person using Protection focused pretty hard since they are in a place where everyone wants to be. Though it does depend WHO you are killing and how consistently you do it. Each Rainbow Coin is worth 5 Points where as a high ranking player can be worth around 70 Points.

I guess I just have to toy around with Protection a bit more. I think the problem the last time I used it was that I kinda ran into the guy head-on and tried to Strike Gust him, but he saw me first. At least, that's what I think happened, anyway. Maybe I should be a bit sneakier?

With Jet Boots you can be pretty sneaky in maps like VR Forest and especially VR Volcano. In VR Volcano you pretty much have completely map control and can decide when and where you are gonna ambush someone from high up or from the lower area since you have double jump, well at least until the Lava rises or you get a placement icon above your head and then everyone on the map knows what your doing...

Lyrise
May 7, 2017, 09:11 PM
In the case of Granwave though, if you get the boots right at the start, you can pretty much doublejump off the platform and cancel 2 granwaves to gain enough altitude that even if they can see your marker, they can't actually do anything to you until its too late. Useful in forest and volcano, not as useful in Tokyo, as half the map is underground, and in other cases, if you try this over the rainbow star stage, you'll get shot down on descent. It might be OK if you're trying to invade the opposition's spawn area, but they'll clearly see you and act as necessary, or run for the stage where you have little chance of executing an effective attack.

SteveCZ
May 7, 2017, 09:54 PM
Just so everyone know, stun shot is nothing compared to Protection. Stun shot doesnt work against Protection, it helps on unaware sneak attackers but wont stop rushes. Do not use stun shot in Legend rank unless you have no choice, cause almost everyone there knows how to make sure you have no stun shot at all.

And no rainbow coin is 10 pt, and if you're focusing on killing without taking over the rainbow spot, then you are doing it wrong.

AzurEnd
May 7, 2017, 10:31 PM
Just so everyone know, stun shot is nothing compared to Protection. Stun shot doesnt work against Protection, it helps on unaware sneak attackers but wont stop rushes. Do not use stun shot in Legend rank unless you have no choice, cause almost everyone there knows how to make sure you have no stun shot at all.

So far im in S1 and ive been playing a couple days having fun but it sounds like all fun stops as soon as you hit Legend. Is there really that huge of a skill difference between Legend and S1?
Either way ill probably be done with Battle Arena for a while as soon as I get that Star Gem Achievo. Being honest you only need about a 40% Win Ratio to hit Legend so its pretty forgiving. I expected a much harder grind.

Funny story too. I had someone so thirsty to rush me I had them chase me around the entire map in VR Volcano as I picked up his team's coins right in front of him, it was glorious. then I got sniped by the No Fun Police and their bullet bow.

Vatallus
May 7, 2017, 10:42 PM
I usually prefer having PP Unlimited with Rod (foie/zonde) or Rifle (Piercing Shell).

Hardly do I ever take Protection. My other choice is stun shot and I'll keep them until targets of opportunity show up.

SteveCZ
May 7, 2017, 10:47 PM
PP is as useful as protection anyone can pick either, it's fine. PP Foie and Megid is way sicker after 1.20 which can help your team back to rainbow spot and kill anyone who tries to take it.

SteveCZ
May 7, 2017, 11:00 PM
So far im in S1 and ive been playing a couple days having fun but it sounds like all fun stops as soon as you hit Legend. Is there really that huge of a skill difference between Legend and S1?
Either way ill probably be done with Battle Arena for a while as soon as I get that Star Gem Achievo. Being honest you only need about a 40% Win Ratio to hit Legend so its pretty forgiving. I expected a much harder grind.

Funny story too. I had someone so thirsty to rush me I had them chase me around the entire map in VR Volcano as I picked up his team's coins right in front of him, it was glorious. then I got sniped by the No Fun Police and their bullet bow.

You could pretty much say that. Honestly if you play good enough, the Legend is way easier than S rank matches cause mostly people know what they are doing for the whole team and not individual. If you're good enough but caught up in S rank matches, then mostly you'll be troubled by your team even tho sometimes the enemies arent that good either.

ArtemisV2
May 8, 2017, 02:14 AM
Question, and I don't know if this is the right place to ask it... it's related to PvP though. I've been away from the game for about a year and was getting into PvP, and I know since then they've implemented a sort of penalty system to pso2. Since about a day and a half ago I've been having issues with my connection and have been disconnecting on all the games I play. One of the first games I ran into this problem was PSO2's PvP (630). So, I was wondering if there is some sort of penalty set in place or something. As I write this I've been in two queues of PvP ranked and they've went past 15min queues and I'm the only one in it, sometimes it'll go to 2/12 but... Ugh, something doesn't seem right, yeah?

Vatallus
May 8, 2017, 02:28 AM
Question, and I don't know if this is the right place to ask it... it's related to PvP though. I've been away from the game for about a year and was getting into PvP, and I know since then they've implemented a sort of penalty system to pso2. Since about a day and a half ago I've been having issues with my connection and have been disconnecting on all the games I play. One of the first games I ran into this problem was PSO2's PvP (630). So, I was wondering if there is some sort of penalty set in place or something. As I write this I've been in two queues of PvP ranked and they've went past 15min queues and I'm the only one in it, sometimes it'll go to 2/12 but... Ugh, something doesn't seem right, yeah?

Ditcher Queue. Sega's halfass response to people ditching/disconnecting from the Battle Arena. There was no penalty against it and no rules saying you couldn't do it when Battle Arena was first opened. Anyway, have it happen to a few too many times and Sega will give you a 818 for a few days.

Saagonsa
May 8, 2017, 02:33 AM
...and no rules saying you couldn't do it

That's strictly untrue. They very specifically said it was against the rules to do so even before battle arena came out. They were likely going to push out temp bans on a weekly basis, but it became such a massive problem in the first week they realized that wouldn't be enough.

ArtemisV2
May 8, 2017, 02:41 AM
Ditcher Queue. Sega's halfass response to people ditching/disconnecting from the Battle Arena. There was no penalty against it and no rules saying you couldn't do it when Battle Arena was first opened. Anyway, have it happen to a few too many times and Sega will give you a 818 for a few days.

See, I figured it was something like that but wasn't too sure. I was figuring since it was SEGAC that they would have just thrown me in purgatory and would forever have me confused of it. So from what I'm getting from this is that it's just a temporary thing right? Otherwise... Fuck.

Vatallus
May 8, 2017, 03:03 AM
See, I figured it was something like that but wasn't too sure. I was figuring since it was SEGAC that they would have just thrown me in purgatory and would forever have me confused of it. So from what I'm getting from this is that it's just a temporary thing right? Otherwise... Fuck.

It should just be a temporary thing. While I don't know the magic number for avoiding 818 you can probably disconnect between 5 to 10 times a week and not get sent to purgatory.

Once sent to purgatory (ditcher's queue after 818 ) they may or may not let you back out. I've heard of others getting out but I've been here since the first week after Battle Arena started because I walked around the progression treadmill. :)

ArtemisV2
May 8, 2017, 03:13 AM
It should just be a temporary thing. While I don't know the magic number for avoiding 818 you can probably disconnect between 5 to 10 times a week and not get sent to purgatory.

Once sent to purgatory (ditcher's queue after 818 ) they may or may not let you back out. I've heard of others getting out but I've been here since the first week after Battle Arena started because I walked around the progression treadmill. :)

Oh, well that's a huge relief. Thanks for that. Thankfully, I haven't gotten 818 so I think I'm good. I did disconnect a bit though, I just think it wouldn't be right if they straight up denied me since I 630'd. There should be logs of that. I will say since I've come back to the game I really enjoy PvP, I think it's a nice past time when you wanna EQ or something. So far I've goten to A1, and I can say I'm really itching to get back in, hence the posts! :D

Cyber Meteor
May 8, 2017, 11:10 AM
Today was pretty much a bad day, did like 15 ranked matches during JP time, lost all of them, my recently reached B5 became C2. Well i don't mind the rank that much as i'm aiming for some 12* units but, those were like 15 matches were we lost with a 80/20 gap each time which was usually reached around 1:40 left, the union we were against really seemed like S rank or Legend tier players they just barely died and were very coordinated, you barely could fight back against them, it was just looking like assited suicide during those 15 matches. Never had that before xD

Alenoir
May 8, 2017, 12:53 PM
Today was pretty much a bad day, did like 15 ranked matches during JP time, lost all of them, my recently reached B5 became C2. Well i don't mind the rank that much as i'm aiming for some 12* units but, those were like 15 matches were we lost with a 80/20 gap each time which was usually reached around 1:40 left, the union we were against really seemed like S rank or Legend tier players they just barely died and were very coordinated, you barely could fight back against them, it was just looking like assited suicide during those 15 matches. Never had that before xD

The game will usually match you against other players of the same rank unless there are absolutely no one playing, so you shouldn't be facing S/Legend players in B/C.

But yeah, need to communicate more and learn more about how things work in each field. Mostly the communication part, it really helps when someone notifies the others that someone is going to your union's spawn to ambush from behind. I've had this happen at least once in every map, more often in a certain map than the others though.

Cyber Meteor
May 8, 2017, 02:11 PM
Then i'll have a big problem as when there are enough players in Arena, it's JP peak hour for me so i'm mixed with JP players, and i don't know japanese aside from katakanas xD, well at least that's what i thought : communication seems to be the key when reaching B rank. RIP rank A and above lol

SteveCZ
May 8, 2017, 02:31 PM
Ever since the skills applied, things get busier. As much as it may help to communicate, it's best for people to be self-aware. The most thing you can usually do is to tell that there's someone behind. People in Legend and S1 matches I had were barely communicating at all.

But of course that's not a good reason not to. They just probably give up and go with the flow instead and play like zombies. Cause it can hurt to get serious in this gacha match. :^)

Alenoir
May 8, 2017, 02:55 PM
Then i'll have a big problem as when there are enough players in Arena, it's JP peak hour for me so i'm mixed with JP players, and i don't know japanese aside from katakanas xD, well at least that's what i thought : communication seems to be the key when reaching B rank. RIP rank A and above lol

It definitely helps. The last few time I played in the winning team that end up winning (B1 matches), we all know when to back off and just try not to get killed by the end of the match when someone tells us to run.

But yeah, if it's the last 30 seconds, you're on the winning team, and you have a tag on top of your head, back the fuck off.

Lyrise
May 8, 2017, 03:41 PM
It definitely helps. The last few time I played in the winning team that end up winning (B1 matches), we all know when to back off and just try not to get killed by the end of the match when someone tells us to run.

But yeah, if it's the last 30 seconds, you're on the winning team, and you have a tag on top of your head, back the fuck off.

Very much this. I had a bit of a "Berserker Rage" moment yesterday in Volcano - my team was losing by a decent amount. I was able to lay waste to 5 opposing players (Including 1st 2nd and 3rd) using a sword and PP unlimited within the last 15 seconds because they didn't completely back off despite having a not so miniscule lead, enough to tip the scale in our favor. Had they completely backed off, I probably wouldn't have been able to do a thing without sprint.

NightlightPro
May 8, 2017, 04:20 PM
any tips for not sucking at pvp? today i have finally tried my first pvp runs (never did one since day 1) so i would like to know what to do and not coz i've been dying like a nub ;_; like what does actually do when u're picking your own team stars?

Anduril
May 8, 2017, 05:11 PM
any tips for not sucking at pvp? today i have finally tried my first pvp runs (never did one since day 1) so i would like to know what to do and not coz i've been dying like a nub ;_; like what does actually do when u're picking your own team stars?

Battle Arena is a point system, and the points you see in the GUI are your individual points. You get 1 point for every of your team's stars you get, 5 for enemy stars, and 10 for the rainbow stars; additionally, for every kill you get, you get 10% of that player's points (in turn, you lose 10% of your points when you are killed). Best advice is to just learn the strengths and weaknesses of each weapon and their PAs, and familiarize yourself with the arenas. Also, learn to deal with the ping difference: you will often times get killed when you think that the enemy didn't hit you.

Great Pan
May 8, 2017, 07:19 PM
go ham in pvp is the best way to win. no need for stradegies and such.

SteveCZ
May 8, 2017, 09:40 PM

Just addition to Anduril's reply as he already gave the good points..
First, this is emblem game, so focus on the rainbow emblems or taking that territory. If no one there, then be one, whenever possible.
Second, try not to die, but play like no tomorrow.

Edit: deleted wrong statement. Just checked. lolool.

AzurEnd
May 8, 2017, 09:43 PM
Another thing that might help is if you have Jet Boots try and sneak around using double jump and take the enemy emblems. I find in lower ranks people tend to forget they exist because your own emblem is only worth 1 point but taking enemy emblems is 5 points.

Alenoir
May 9, 2017, 01:14 AM
go ham in pvp is the best way to win. no need for stradegies and such.

Until you hit rank S anyways. Heard it's crazy over there. Highest I've been to is A5 though so I wouldn't know.

Even in rank B or so, in some very off chance you DO get grouped with people that's obviously a rank or 3 higher than you when they loses about 97 points when someone managed to down them. You also get to learn a lot from those people just by observing how they play, or how your enemies play when you're on the losing side.

PS: Sometimes you just don't know what hits you when no one in sight is doing attack animation. Just don't question it.

oratank
May 9, 2017, 03:48 AM
PS: Sometimes you just don't know what hits you when no one in sight is doing attack animation. Just don't question it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/465548645568221184/wtR3VCbp_400x400.jpeg

Lyrise
May 9, 2017, 08:08 AM
Until you hit rank S anyways. Heard it's crazy over there. Highest I've been to is A5 though so I wouldn't know.

Even in rank B or so, in some very off chance you DO get grouped with people that's obviously a rank or 3 higher than you when they loses about 97 points when someone managed to down them. You also get to learn a lot from those people just by observing how they play, or how your enemies play when you're on the losing side.

No, what a person loses isn't indicative of their rank - if a person dies and loses 97 points, it means they're doing tons (losing 97 points means they had 970 before death, which usually means they've been picking up ALL of the emblems) and you either need to back that person up or pick up the slack. If that person is on the enemy side, then you and your team should be prioritizing that person, and he/she/it NEEDS TO DIE. You could be rank D, but as long as you play better than the rest, you could end up with that much or more.

Conversely, you could outright suck at engaging enemy players, but if you're good at sneaking in to grab emblems, despite you being marked at that point (or if you're in volcano), you can still end up with a whole lotta points and no blood shed over your hands. (There's even a BC bonus for you if you manage to end the match with a lot of emblem points and no kills registered).

AzurEnd
May 9, 2017, 08:20 AM
No, what a person loses isn't indicative of their rank - if a person dies and loses 97 points, it means they're doing tons (losing 97 points means they had 970 before death, which usually means they've been picking up ALL of the emblems) and you either need to back that person up or pick up the slack. If that person is on the enemy side, then you and your team should be prioritizing that person, and he/she/it NEEDS TO DIE. You could be rank D, but as long as you play better than the rest, you could end up with that much or more.

Conversely, you could outright suck at engaging enemy players, but if you're good at sneaking in to grab emblems, despite you being marked at that point (or if you're in volcano), you can still end up with a whole lotta points and no blood shed over your hands. (There's even a BC bonus for you if you manage to end the match with a lot of emblem points and no kills registered).

I wish I was good enough to lose 97 Points when I died. Most ive ever lost from death is 81.

I usually always try to steal enemy emblems if I snag some Jet Boots but I have been having teams recently where if im not present and pushing the Rainbow coins they just turtle super hard and dont even try to contest the other team taking them... I wish I could be in 2 places at once.

SteveCZ
May 9, 2017, 09:12 AM
How to get rainbow emblems: You die for it. :D

Vatallus
May 9, 2017, 05:14 PM
The group of rainbow emblems is more often then not worth more than your death.

SteveCZ
May 9, 2017, 07:16 PM
They probably should remove the emblems as well. :^)

Alenoir
May 9, 2017, 09:15 PM
They probably should remove the emblems as well. :^)

That defeats the name of the quest itself. Try another mode in like half a year.

Altiea
May 9, 2017, 11:05 PM
That defeats the name of the quest itself. Try another mode in like half a year.

Team Deathmatch?

SteveCZ
May 10, 2017, 12:09 AM

Well Vatallus said rainbow is not worth than your death, then why would people get to the emblem sites for. Go forth to the enemy base! :-D

Vatallus
May 10, 2017, 12:14 AM
Except that isn't what I said? >.>

SteveCZ
May 10, 2017, 12:23 AM
Except that isn't what I said? >.>

Dude you said a group of rainbow emblems is more often not worth more than your death. Or am I misreading it. <_<

Vatallus
May 10, 2017, 12:30 AM
The group of rainbow emblems is more often then not worth more than your death.

Oh I get it. It is because I didn't use "than".

Altiea
May 10, 2017, 12:33 AM
Varies though; it's more efficient to make a Hail Mary play on the Rainbow zone if you're low on points (sub 300). If you're leading the pack, suiciding for Rainbow Emblems typically vastly reduces or negates your gain.

SteveCZ
May 10, 2017, 12:58 AM
Oh I get it. It is because I didn't use "than".

Lool ok I get it now. my bad! ^^;

Varies though; it's more efficient to make a Hail Mary play on the Rainbow zone if you're low on points (sub 300). If you're leading the pack, suiciding for Rainbow Emblems typically vastly reduces or negates your gain.

Well not a complete blind suicide, though (even though in Legend rank, one or two players will definitely do it when the gate is opened, even if it has to cost his Dash skill and/or death, usually gran wave user cause it's safer).

My proper explanation should be you should count on rainbow emblems more than getting to the enemies, even if you die cause of it (while being caution to fight the enemy).

Even if you are the rusher, you should (or whoever that is will) read the map to see if there's anyone behind you taking the emblems. If there's nobody (like they're dead or still too far from location or they're stupid enough not to get the emblems when they can), you must get back.

Vatallus
May 12, 2017, 09:09 AM
Should honestly just add the +1 overgrind to CM shop. CM is a lot more fun anyway.

Cyber Meteor
May 12, 2017, 09:32 AM
"Challenge quests are old type related content thus there is no point in putting a NT grind item there" (Pretty sure that's what SEGA would say xD, not my opinion, i think it should be in CM shop too tbh)

Zheneration
May 18, 2017, 09:32 PM
Is it possible for people to macro in arena?

Alenoir
May 20, 2017, 03:17 AM
Is it possible for people to macro in arena?

What are you looking to macro though? Digging?

Zheneration
May 20, 2017, 06:51 PM
What are you looking to macro though? Digging?

Nah, I was curious to how some people can pull off attacks faster than human input like instant shift action gust strike(as well as moving forward with it). I can't think of any possibility to how they can pull such stunts off other than macroing. If that is the case, that is just outright cheating.

ralf542
May 22, 2017, 03:42 AM
So I started doing this "Battle Arena" and it's just as fun as running Subdue Za Oodan on normal with 75/75 or 80/80.

I'm really sad that people go in with 3sec left and suicide to let the other team win when 2/3 from the bar was yours.

Anyway what's the difference in team Red and team Blue and how can I remap the buttons? For me RB is guard and Y is PA but in Arena it's the other way around.

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 10:59 AM
So does anyone still play this? I'm still not allowed to play outside of the "sinners" queue seemingly. Was going to get this dumb CO done for the bingo and spent 30 minutes waiting at 1/12 the whole time.

EP5 can't come fast enough.

Lyrise
Jun 25, 2017, 11:10 AM
I still play this. No issues with finding matches at all. If anything though, I'd say I have a similar experience to yours trying to complete the BT2017 titles, since almost nobody plays the non ranked modes. (Really, 100 times running the GP rules? Who came up with this requirement?)

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 11:16 AM
Odd.. I just tried about 30 minutes ago and it wouldn't let me in. 1/12 the whole time.

It's a pretty dick move to put it on the bingo board if they aren't going to let me actually finish it.

What would be the best time for me to look for a match?

Cyber Meteor
Jun 25, 2017, 11:20 AM
I recently came back to do some Arena, and noticed that between 18 and 21 JST i had a better win rate than after 21 JST, a much better rate actually lol. It also seemed like it was the period where there were more players. I went from C5 to B5 with only 2 fail in 2h30 yesterday then strangely around 21 JST failed 4 times in a row with my team litterally going suicide themselves in the last 20 secs while we were the winning team resulting in losing the match, wasn't happening before 21 JST for some reasons xD

EDIT: @Vatallus didn't see your question while writing this post, so what a good coincidence ^^

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 11:22 AM
18 to 21 JST... let's see... 3am to 6am for me. Ho boy that is going to be hard for me to do probably.

Edit: Guess for now I'll just do back to leveling up in LQ while I pretend it will drop me an Anga Mag.

Cyber Meteor
Jun 25, 2017, 11:24 AM
Well i'll add i actually haven't tried before 18 JST which is 11 AM for me, so seeing B901 was almost at 50% at 18JST i would assume 16-17 JST could also be a good time

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 11:27 AM
The key is I don't think I'm allowed to even play unless I play with other people of my "group". There was two 50% blocks an hour ago and I couldn't get in...

It's been how many months and they still haven't removed us from that list?

Cyber Meteor
Jun 25, 2017, 11:28 AM
Then : ouch........

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 12:10 PM
So does anyone still play this? I'm still not allowed to play outside of the "sinners" queue seemingly. Was going to get this dumb CO done for the bingo and spent 30 minutes waiting at 1/12 the whole time.

EP5 can't come fast enough.

I'm still playing.. more like farming... I thought everyone is already forgiven, apparently not.

I recently came back to do some Arena, and noticed that between 18 and 21 JST i had a better win rate than after 21 JST, a much better rate actually lol. It also seemed like it was the period where there were more players. I went from C5 to B5 with only 2 fail in 2h30 yesterday then strangely around 21 JST failed 4 times in a row with my team litterally going suicide themselves in the last 20 secs while we were the winning team resulting in losing the match, wasn't happening before 21 JST for some reasons xD

EDIT: @Vatallus didn't see your question while writing this post, so what a good coincidence ^^

There are more people after 21 JST, both new/lower and high/experienced ranks are together, so yeah I agree it's way harder. Chance you got to carry is high, and also you can have a hard time even if paired with top ranks, cause there are so many good players too. It's easier in JST morning and afternoon till around 7pm JST.

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 12:25 PM
I have no clue what it takes to be forgiven. I played again until B rank then got bored a month ago. Didn't DC in any of my matches either.

Now I want to get this CO done on my characters for bingo and I can't even get in.

[Ayumi]
Jun 25, 2017, 12:38 PM
I have no clue what it takes to be forgiven. I played again until B rank then got bored a month ago. Didn't DC in any of my matches either.

Now I want to get this CO done on my characters for bingo and I can't even get in.

I guess I got into the conversation late. What exactly is the "sin"?
Any time I tried battle arena, I would get into a battle within like 2 to 3 seconds no matter when I tried it.

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 12:54 PM
;3424697']I guess I got into the conversation late. What exactly is the "sin"?
Any time I tried battle arena, I would get into a battle within like 2 to 3 seconds no matter when I tried it.

When Battle Arena first came out Sega couldn't be bothered to add a punishment for disconnecting in middle of match. This includes legit DCs, game crashes, crashing the game yourself, making GG close the game, etc.

People figured that out and decided to walk around the grind wall treadmill instead of staying on it. While losing a match made you lose points, DCing before you lost didn't. So it took out part of the RNG of getting a good team since if you were going to lose you could just DC and not lose points. Made going from ranks like Sx to Legend a lot easier.

So instead of Sega taking down the BA server and implementing the update to it they decided to wait until maint and threatened to ban everyone instead. In the end only about 518 players got banned (That is about 3 and a half blocks of BA players mind you). 3 day banned, told we would be put into a special queue where we had to "prove" ourselves in order to be able to play with everyone else. So we would only queue with each other.

I've heard of people getting out of this queue and as far as I can tell many months later I am still stuck in it even after playing BA with 0 incidents since then.

Unless they count DCing in certain EQs too a "sin". Because that happens maybe twice a week where the game just decides it wants to quit working.

[Ayumi]
Jun 25, 2017, 12:59 PM
When Battle Arena first came out Sega couldn't be bothered to add a punishment for disconnecting in middle of match. This includes legit DCs, game crashes, crashing the game yourself, making GG close the game, etc.

People figured that out and decided to walk around the grind wall treadmill instead of staying on it. While losing a match made you lose points, DCing before you lost didn't. So it took out part of the RNG of getting a good team since if you were going to lose you could just DC and not lose points. Made going from ranks like Sx to Legend a lot easier.

So instead of Sega taking down the BA server and implementing the update to it they decided to wait until maint and threatened to ban everyone instead. In the end only about 518 players got banned (That is about 3 and a half blocks of BA players mind you). 3 day banned, told we would be put into a special queue where we had to "prove" ourselves in order to be able to play with everyone else. So we would only queue with each other.

I've heard of people getting out of this queue and as far as I can tell many months later I am still stuck in it even after playing BA with 0 incidents since then.

Unless they count DCing in certain EQs too a "sin". Because that happens maybe twice a week where the game just decides it wants to quit working.

Ah... ouch... also typical Sega.
Does the rank do anything? Like more points or something?

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 01:07 PM
;3424701']Ah... ouch... also typical Sega.

Rank only matters for title rewards and end of month SG rewards. You don't get more points for winning at a higher rank, but you lose more for losing.

It was a system setup to draw out the grind as long as possible but still trying to be "reasonable". In a game mode where the PvP isn't even that good. I just did it for the SG, BA costume, and Shine Red unit. Now I want to do it for the Bingo board and so far I haven't been able to find a time that works for me where I can get into a match.

[Ayumi]
Jun 25, 2017, 01:19 PM
Rank only matters for title rewards and end of month SG rewards. You don't get more points for winning at a higher rank, but you lose more for losing.

It was a system setup to draw out the grind as long as possible but still trying to be "reasonable". In a game mode where the PvP isn't even that good. I just did it for the SG, BA costume, and Shine Red unit. Now I want to do it for the Bingo board and so far I haven't been able to find a time that works for me where I can get into a match.

I have 0 cares in anything PVP as I don't have a competitive bone in my body, but I did try the stuff out mainly at 1st to see how it was.
After that I kind of want the little Rappy Costume too.
But seeing how long it would take me to get that much points been slowly making me not care for it.
That or maybe one day just be an idiot and waste my meseta and buy one in the shops.

But yeah, the points you get whether winning or losing is really horrible.

Vatallus
Jun 25, 2017, 01:29 PM
I don't care about PvP either. I'm in my late 20s and have ran passed that course in my life. The course where I felt like I actually had to prove anything. Whether it be PvP related, PvE related, etc.

I just want to enjoy my game now. I just want to have fun, and being chill, playing mostly PvE games, and chatting with people is what I want to do now. Though I'm on this Ship 9 server... Nice server. Really lacks decent english players though. Only one person in my team isn't inactive now and there was 30 of us. I've been thinking of moving ships but I'd have to move 6 characters... meh.

[Ayumi]
Jun 25, 2017, 02:12 PM
I don't care about PvP either. I'm in my late 20s and have ran passed that course in my life. The course where I felt like I actually had to prove anything. Whether it be PvP related, PvE related, etc.

I just want to enjoy my game now. I just want to have fun, and being chill, playing mostly PvE games, and chatting with people is what I want to do now. Though I'm on this Ship 9 server... Nice server. Really lacks decent english players though. Only one person in my team isn't inactive now and there was 30 of us. I've been thinking of moving ships but I'd have to move 6 characters... meh.

Forgot how much AC it cost to move... but I never done it. I think that would be around 4200 AC which can be a bit pricey just for moving and nothing more.

Lyrise
Jun 25, 2017, 02:37 PM
;3424701']Ah... ouch... also typical Sega.

Your Rank also dictates the number of battle coins you get after a match. Without including bonuses, the amount will range from 32 (D rank loss) to 80 (S/Legend win). Even losing in S/Legend isn't far off from what you get when you win an A rank match (64 for S rank loss vs. 70 for A rank win), so the grind feels like problematic as you keep fighting it out in higher ranks.

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 09:37 PM
After getting rappy mini 4 times and on my way to get the 5th, all I can say is the average Battle Points are 1.000 - 1.200 per hour, win or lose, even during Deus (which has longer queue time, assuming people are doing that EQ). Faster if you use your SG for multipliers especially 100% and/or 200%.

I'm in Legend (and S1-S3 on every first month due to reset), so no idea below that.

Lyrise
Jun 25, 2017, 10:17 PM
S and Legend are scored the same other than loss on defeat; -15 ARP for S. -20 for L.

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 10:33 PM
Oh I thought we're talking about Battle Points/Coins (whatever) not ARP, my bad. If we're taking about ARP all rank is +20 on win, -20 L, -15 S, -10 A, and so forth.

You definitely won't get 1000 - 1200 ARP in an hour definitely :-P.

Lyrise
Jun 25, 2017, 10:36 PM
Well, it's talking about both. You need coins, so you need to raise your ARP more. Ending at Legend is good since the monthly reset won't disrupt your earnings, though stopping at S5 dumps you back into A, which makes life pretty miserable having to work your way back into S and L. Stopping at S1 is a crapshoot cause it drops you at S5 - one bad run and you're back into A, for less coins.

Altiea
Jun 25, 2017, 10:52 PM
After getting rappy mini 4 times and on my way to get the 5th, all I can say is the average Battle Points are 1.000 - 1.200 per hour, win or lose, even during Deus (which has longer queue time, assuming people are doing that EQ). Faster if you use your SG for multipliers especially 100% and/or 200%.

I'm in Legend (and S1-S3 on every first month due to reset), so no idea below that.

I'm just curious who has the time to farm up 400,000 BC.

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 10:54 PM
Well in short, to anyone, just get to Legend first ASAP. Honestly on monthly reset, S1 to Legend only takes a day (3 hours), or 3 days if you aren't lucky. -15 ARP is very forgiving.

But once you reached Legend you won't worry about this BP earning discussion whatever like this ever, that I myself even forgot there's any difference between Legend earning and other ranks.

SteveCZ
Jun 25, 2017, 10:56 PM
I'm just curious who has the time to farm up 400,000 BC.

It's been 3 months since arena came out, all I need is only 3 hours a day (sometimes more if I'm free on weekend). The BC 50% boost was the the best part to get one another in just 2 weeks (well.. I was going crazy on the boost so, only a week), like this in April:

http://i.imgur.com/EKeCkZJ.png

Then 1 in May, another 1 in mid June for 3 hours a day, cause the hype is already gone and it's just farming.

http://i.imgur.com/UVWcCml.png

But all in all this is mostly because I'm having fun with the pvp though, so these rappies come in as bonus.

Altiea
Jun 25, 2017, 11:51 PM
I have loads of bad games; I'm currently stuck in S5 hell because my win-loss ratio is roughly 50/50 for whatever reason. I guess I'd play more Arena if I didn't lose so much for silly reasons like poking my head out from behind a wall for half a second and getting sniped by someone's Foie.

SteveCZ
Jun 26, 2017, 12:09 AM
I have loads of bad games; I'm currently stuck in S5 hell because my win-loss ratio is roughly 50/50 for whatever reason. I guess I'd play more Arena if I didn't lose so much for silly reasons like poking my head out from behind a wall for half a second and getting sniped by someone's Foie.

Pretty much could happen to me too even until now. 50/50 is quite common and like Cyber Meteor said, things get crazy on 21 JST+. Having 5 losses straight is not quite rare. I've hit 7-10 losses straight every once in a month if I'm "lucky". I can't deny it's frustrating but I just turn off the music and listen to other music instead to let it go and focus on the only variable that only goes up: the Battle Coins, and the joy of funny moments that could happen every match.

-15 ARP in S rank with 50/50 ratio still climbs you up. Imagine that in Legend, but I can assure you, you'll get along with it and get more.

I know one player struggling to get to Legend for 3 months, now he's at Legend and covers pretty much all the tricks on every map he laid on to share. So yeah just play and you will eventually get there.

It's a gacha game anyway. Often I got MVP on everything except total rainbow emblems and lost, so yeah screw it loool.

Asellus
Jun 26, 2017, 12:13 AM
PvP is still a thing?

SteveCZ
Jun 26, 2017, 01:02 AM
PvP is still a thing?

Yup. Even when there's Deus EQ going on.

Vatallus
Jun 26, 2017, 10:00 AM
I just saw a 3/12... back to 1/12 now for me.

Maybe they didn't like how I rated BA a 2 out of 5 during that one survey. I was being honest though.

Zipzo
Jun 27, 2017, 07:23 PM
I just started really gettin' in to PvP. I think it's fun despite the...erm, clunkiness? Of it.

What are the best arm and leg units to match up with the shine rear unit?

Also...advice for how to play bow in arena, whenever I get stuck with this weapon I tend to just be dead weight, and it seems the PA choice is final nemesis which sorta made me eye roll a little bit...

Altiea
Jun 27, 2017, 07:59 PM
I just started really gettin' in to PvP. I think it's fun despite the...erm, clunkiness? Of it.

What are the best arm and leg units to match up with the shine rear unit?

Also...advice for how to play bow in arena, whenever I get stuck with this weapon I tend to just be dead weight, and it seems the PA choice is final nemesis which sorta made me eye roll a little bit...

Bow is actually pretty good, but it's probably the hardest weapon to use. Normal shots hit for 20%~35% of your opponent's health for hit, and if you favor sneak attacks, charge shot kills instantly at close range. Last Nemesis is good for disrupting targets and keeping them on their toes, but if you're lucky enough to get someone to move close to you, it's basically hitscan at medium to close range. Don't ever try to contest Rifle, since if they see you, they'll just murder you with One Point or Piercing Shell. Everything else is fair game, especially Jet Boots, since you can ice a pesky Gran Wave user with a properly-timed charge shot.

One extra note is that Last Nemesis has the longest range of any Ranged attack in Arena, so if you use keyboard/mouse setup, you can go TPS and try sniping people with it. It's definitely difficult, but you can pull off some neat trick plays if you manage it.

SteveCZ
Jun 27, 2017, 09:07 PM
...the longest range of any Ranged attack in Arena...

Just addition, pay attention to this, it has range so don't shoot from end to end. Pretty much half the map.

Zephyrion
Jun 28, 2017, 03:48 AM
Just addition, pay attention to this, it has range so don't shoot from end to end. Pretty much half the map.

Extra addition, the hitbox of hit is actually really bad horizontally, but fairly big vertically. What that means is that you should aim at their heads since it will also catch them jumping. aiming at body can miss jumpers, or even collide with ground too early due to how hitboxes don't always correspond to model. (damn you mini rappies and Toros/Kuros)

Also while charge shot is good for sneak attacks, if you mainly play bow the sniping way, it's incredibly useful as an anti-flank since unlike normal shot it also flinches. Just take a peek around you for the people that might be fed up with your sniper shenanigans and charge a shot just as a deterrent if you see someone coming around the corner (it's a fairly good one since a charge shot is insta-kill if you use it on a boots user, so the guy that might have thought it is a good idea to gran-wave/strike gust you has to think twice. It's also fairly good damage against sword, although you probably won't win this duel due to it not insta-killing them until lv3 bow)

Altiea
Sep 20, 2017, 09:19 AM
Guess what, this thread's coming back from the dead due to the new update!

With this update, SEGA is making the jump to a faster, more chaotic Battle Arena meta. The Sword and Rifle weapons have been removed in favor of the new Partizan and Twin Machineguns. Some existing tools have also seen buffs to their utility. This is just going to be a quickie overview, so don't expect too much.

Partizan is the new replacement for Sword, and comes armed with the Assault Buster PA. Fast and light, the Partizan has many qualities of its predecessor: High HP, a Guard, and a powerful kill button PA. The lattermost option is the aforementioned Assault Buster, upon which the player charges up and stabs forward with the Partizan. Assault Buster is many things, most of which take the good and bad qualities of Nova Strike and Rising Edge and add them up. Assault Buster has very, very high damage, on par with Nova Strike, but won't score OHKOs against other Partizan wielders unless it's a JA. It has great reach, on par with Rising Edge, but almost no vertical or horizontal hitbox otherwise, meaning that hitting moving targets is suddenly a lot more difficult. This is compounded with Assault Buster's brief moment of startup, which makes it impossible to rush in face-first into an enemy and expect to kill them. It overall feels significantly more balanced than Sword, but it's still just the early days, so we'll see where it goes.

Twin Machineguns is the new replacement for Assault Rifle. Where Assault Rifle was a solid ranged support weapon, TMGs swaps it out for a high damage, high velocity ranged offense weapon. TMGs may honestly be the real game changer here. Their claim to fame is their Photon Art, Satellite Aim, which functions very differently to its main game counterpart. Unlike the main game, Satellite Aim is a long-range ganking PA that hits for 80~90 damage per tick and stunlocks on hit; compounded with a full PP bar, you can send even a Partizan wielder from 550 to 0 in just a few clicks before they can even react. It doesn't have knockback though, and chaining your Sat Aims is a bit clunkier than normal, not to mention the fact that you are unable to move while shooting, which opens you up to a flanked enemy attack. In addition, access to Stylish Roll gives them solid aerial mobility, despite nerfs to duration and i-frames. This allows them to stay on the run even in the heat of combat.

Bow received a pretty major buff by way of buffed charge speeds and vastly increased range on its normal shots, which now pushes it from a melee punisher to a full-on ranged support, taking Assault Rifle's place. Boosted charge speed on normal means you can now safely toss out charge shots with less of a chance of getting murdered while your charge is unloaded, and it's now a reliable option for guarding rainbow due to high damage on hit and ability of charge shot to hit 20 meters in front of you (you can now cover the length of mid in Volcanoes with your charge shots, for instance).

Tymek
Sep 22, 2017, 05:13 AM
WOOOO

Zephyrion
Sep 22, 2017, 06:58 AM
-snip

Nice overview. You might add the fact that Final Nemesis saw a noticeable startup and recovery reduction, making it more efficient at killing people while staying alive.

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 03:14 PM
This thread is back from the dead just in time for the new Battle Arena update! As usual, quickie overview, but it should be enough to cover the basics.

First, let's deal with the elephant in the room: the new map! Forest: Rain is a new take on the Forest map with a few new gimmicks! While the layout is somewhat similar to Forest, there is a stream of water running across the left side of each Union's side of the field, right next to the spawn point. This is handy for getting back into the action after a respawn, or taking your enemies by surprise if you're on the opposing side of the map. The other major gimmick is the killer lightning strikes! At specific time intervals, a large lightning marker will appear beneath the feet of specific players, although it is much more likely to target players with high amounts of points. After a certain time, the lightning will stop tracking, and in a few seconds, a big bolt of lightning strikes the area indicated by the marker. Anyone standing in it dies instantly! Either stay away from your teammates if you have it, or try to lure unwitting enemies into getting hit by it. If you don't have the lightning, stay away from the people who do. Forest: Rain also has a few minor changes to geography, like the much shorter platform on the left side of the stage and one of the blocks in center getting edited.

Dual Blades are one of the two new melee weapons. Ironically, the way people handle them, they're treated less like melee weapons with a ranged backup option and more like ranged weapons with a melee backup option. Dual Blades have two tools at their disposal. Immortal Dove is their Photon Art, which has different behavior depending on whether you're on the ground or in the air. Using the air version drops you to the ground for one hit of high damage, while using the ground version does two hits and is slower, but has horizontal reach. It performs decently well, and can eat around 80%+ of your opponent's HP on hit. However, Dual Blades' claim to fame is actually their Weapon Action, Photon Blades. At the cost of some PP, you'll fire a salvo of four or six Photon Blades at the target. While they don't do a lot of damage individually, it adds up quickly, and you can pick off unfortunate targets by just rapid-firing Blades at your foes. It helps that the glide action when used while moving can be used to escape a sticky situation.

Twin Daggers is the second melee weapon introduced in this update. Twin Daggers are astonishingly good; they are the only melee weapon to use the buffed Step from the main game, and their normal and Step Attacks stagger on hit; get in point blank range of your enemy, and you can pretty much normal attack them to death as long as no one comes to help your target. The powered up Step also means you can chain Step Attack to move quickly out of dangerous spots faster than running. TDs have a Photon Art, Symphonic Drive, which is also fairly good and is reminiscent of Jet Boots' Gran Wave. By using the PA, you will close in on your target, hit them, and then kick off for a second hit. Both hits have hitstop, and the second hit staggers, making it a good tool to stop your foes in their tracks if you can take them by surprise. It also does an enormous amount of damage; you can kill a Partizan user in two Symphonic Drives, which is good because it has a rather hefty 40 PP cost on use. Be wary, however, since your approach can be blocked by a Partizan's Guard, who will gladly return the favor with an Assault Buster to the face.

Talis is the new Tech weapon, replacing Rods. Deceptively simple on the outside, Talis is a bag of tricks. Talis knows one Technique, Na Grants, which creates a field of light that hits foes repeatedly. It has some hitstop, but no stagger, which balances the fact that it can do around 40%~60% of your opponent's HP per hit. The Talis card itself can be thrown much farther than in the main game, and it has a longer JA timing window to compensate; used deftly, Talis can be used for area denial, field control, and all around support. If you're ever in a pinch, you can also cast Na Grants on yourself to hit any pesky Partizan or Twin Dagger users coming after you.

NightfallG
Dec 20, 2017, 06:29 PM
Since the updates hit, how many people have been actually playing this mode? Is it still a ghost town?

Altiea
Dec 20, 2017, 06:47 PM
Since the updates hit, how many people have been actually playing this mode? Is it still a ghost town?

I mean, it's never been very active after the mode initially dropped, but it's not like it's ever totally dead. There'll usually be at least enough people to consistently match, although you'll usually match with the same people.

Altiea
Jan 16, 2018, 08:02 AM
Are you ready to get your Virtual-ON on? Cause it's time for...

Battle Arena x A Certain Magical Virtual-ON!

Special Weapon Rotation
Sleipnir (Ride Slasher)
Raiden Bazooka (End Attract)
Jet Boots

New Battle Scratch Rewards
Temjian Suit
Raiden Suit
Temjian Suit (To Aru Ver.)
Raiden Suit (To Aru Ver.)
*Sleipnir (Sword Camo, changes form when using PA "Ride Slasher")
*Raiden Bazooka (Rifle Camo, changes form when using PA "End Attract")

Altiea
Feb 21, 2018, 04:34 AM
IT RISES

Sword returns with a vengeance, which means everyone's favorite OHKO button Rising Edge is back to mess some dudes up. But now Rising Edge has a new friend in town: The Ride Slasher PA! Press and hold the PA button to fly around while consuming PP. Surfing ends when you run out of PP or you release the button. This PA does above-average damage, and will usually kill in about two hits if JA'd (three if non-JA against another Sword, one hit will kill if JA'd against Boots at Lv. 3). It has average travel speed, but instant execution; one strat is to hit your enemy with a normal to stun them, then Ride Slasher for the instakill. It's also fairly decent at chasing down your enemies as long as they aren't Sprinting or also trying to kill you. However, its strengths are also its weaknesses; it has poor TTK (time to kill) compared to other weapons due to how it interacts, and its average mobility means that if you attempt to cast and kill from too far away, you might end up eating a kill shot from your enemy. Thus, Ride Slasher is most reliably used in close quarters or when corner guarding, as enemies are typically too close to you to outrun you once you start surfing. Overall, Ride Slasher is a fairly balanced PA with solid kill/mobility properties and decent DPP, but suffers from high TTK and being really easy to mess up with if you don't pick your fights properly.

Assault Rifle also returns to the fray, but unlike its Sword cousin, it doesn't get any of its old PAs back; instead, it has the new End Attract PA! Press and hold the PA button to charge your End Attract; charging the PA will rapidly consume your PP. Firing occurs when you release the PA button or run out of PP. You can move while charging End Attract. Charging occurs in three stages: Lv. 1, which fires a small orb that has high speed, but small hitbox and does the least amount of damage, Lv. 2, which fires a moderate size orb that deals moderate damage on hit, and Lv. 3, which fires a huge orb with a very gratuitous hitbox that OHKOs any enemy it hits, including full health Sword users. While the charge time for the PA is the same as its main game counterpart, the addition of moving while charging adds a big helping of mobility and safety to its Battle Arena counterpart; with it, you can play EA as a smaller, but more lethal Foie. Full charging is key; the damage it does at charge level 1 does relatively negligible damage (even less than one hit of non-JA Ride Slasher) and will usually have no effect at offing targets unless they had already taken significant damage and are going to die in one hit anyways. What EA suffers from is extremely poor DPP; while storing the charge after a full charge is strategically useful, charge holding chews through your PP reserves like nobody's business, and if you overcharge and whiff your shot while an enemy is barreling towards you, you're essentially helpless. Like Ride Slasher, EA works effectively at mid range; move too far out of your enemy's immediate area, and most EA shots will likely whiff unless the target is standing stock still, which isn't likely given the current weapon rotation; stand too close, and your target is probably going to kill you anyway before you can even think about charging. As with Ride Slasher, the key is to pick your fights; don't attempt to challenge anyone too far or too close to you, or you'll probably either waste your time/PP or die a horrible death. Or both.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 22, 2018, 01:47 AM
And this is why they need to make more PA customizing again, so End Attract can get the Parallel Slider treatment

Gaylar
Feb 22, 2018, 04:30 AM
And this is why they need to make more PA customizing again, so End Attract can get the Parallel Slider treatment

This.

I'd kill to have a Ride Slasher 0 in the form of the current BA one just to goof around with. Especially with how it handles, it feels so smooth.

TheFanaticViper
Feb 22, 2018, 04:49 PM
Anyone know the music in the Battle Lobby ?

Moffen
Feb 22, 2018, 05:52 PM
I wish they'd add a Dark Blast battle mode where its just dark blasts at max power going ham on one another oTL

oratank
Feb 24, 2018, 12:59 AM
Anyone know the music in the Battle Lobby ?

i think it is a new ver. of MSBS from the latest game

Vatallus
Mar 4, 2018, 05:52 AM
Anyone else having the game freeze occasionally when joining a match from the lobby?

Edit: Won't let me into the arena if I have OBS Studio running. Only after I actually get into the arena can I then use OBS Studio safely.

Tymek
Mar 4, 2018, 05:55 AM
I wish they'd add a Dark Blast battle mode where its just dark blasts at max power going ham on one another oTL

I was thinking about the same thing...yesterday. SEGA should take some notes.