PDA

View Full Version : Why do you people even play PSO2?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Mar 8, 2017, 01:54 PM
All I hear from this forum is how awful every new thing (and old thing and... basically everything) is and how incompetent SEGA is. Because of that, I find myself wondering:

Why hasn't everyone just given up on PSO2 yet? What keeps you coming back despite everything?

It seriously baffles me why people still play this game when they have nothing but negativity to express. I almost never hear about what people actually like about PSO2 here. So I'd like to hear what keeps the people of PSO-World from just walking away.

Kondibon
Mar 8, 2017, 02:31 PM
Because the game is fun? Most of the stuff people don't like about the game has to do with game balance, and inconsistant systems. The actual moment to moment gameplay is fun though.

People are complaining because they like the game and want it to be better, not because they don't enjoy playing it.

Zorafim
Mar 17, 2017, 03:07 PM
I don't. The terrible balance ruined the great gameplay. Now it's all about oneshotting things faster. At least, it was last time I played.

Mystil
Mar 19, 2017, 01:53 PM
I have not played this in years. The game itself is fun, but always its the players that can ruin it.

AlexCraig
Apr 5, 2017, 07:35 PM
I tend to just ignore the tryhards and nitpickers and focus on just enjoying the game in my own way. I haven't had any critical "fuck this game" kind of outbursts.

Freeze
Apr 6, 2017, 06:00 PM
It seems like people just like to complain these days. Some people just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. I play because I enjoy it. Personally I'm not crazy about the episode 4 story line but oh well, nothing I can do so I just play the parts I enjoy.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 31, 2017, 03:09 PM
I'm really only here for the core gameplay. The story and Sega's decisions on money making are fucking atrocious and I hate them. But the gameplay is something I can't find anywhere else.

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 4, 2017, 06:43 AM
PSO2 is a fun game to be honest.. the content keeps me wanting to come back and play

However , I admit as the world is .. there are some fucked up people. I just played beach wars earlier and there were 2 party's of 4 each people the rest of us were non party.. I had no idea what in they were doing . Its like they were playing in their own world( mind ) without regard of other players. I mean they were just zooming around hitting mobs at random and the best part , they do not even res dead people. to put it simply no teamwork lol

NegaTsukasa
Aug 19, 2017, 10:30 AM
At least it's not PSU. ...dear god, that game.

Ranmaru
Aug 19, 2017, 05:18 PM
PSO2 is the only game I can think of where I can use boxing gloves. Great music, great environments, etc. I would be playing it if I had a good computer, which I might get once I save enough money from work.

TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 23, 2017, 09:02 AM
l like the game alot.. keeps me wanting to come back especially because of the buster quest... however,

I copied this from the rants thread:(Topic was created by me)

I am planning to give up on this game .. cause so many stupid players here.. first time I died 3 times in a row in buster quest..because no one was helping me .. they were doing their own thing and it was grade 3+... I actually quit the match and lost points.. and now when I want to start main match again to gain points I cannot fucking find anyone.. great... keep going like that and I may just leave the game for good

Edit: This is a great game.. but I am sorry that there are so many stupid players around.

Its because of idiots that no one can have nice things cause its always ruined by them.. be it games or whatever not

Moffen
Aug 25, 2017, 03:38 PM
l like the game alot.. keeps me wanting to come back especially because of the buster quest... however,

I copied this from the rants thread:(Topic was created by me)

I am planning to give up on this game .. cause so many stupid players here.. first time I died 3 times in a row in buster quest..because no one was helping me .. they were doing their own thing and it was grade 3+... I actually quit the match and lost points.. and now when I want to start main match again to gain points I cannot fucking find anyone.. great... keep going like that and I may just leave the game for good

Edit: This is a great game.. but I am sorry that there are so many stupid players around.

Its because of idiots that no one can have nice things cause its always ruined by them.. be it games or whatever not

>Dying 3 times in buster quest
Bring a scape doll

Syanonn
Sep 5, 2017, 07:01 AM
A free2play game with minimal pay2win aspects unlike most korean/china MMOs.

Frequent updates/always have some sort of event going on which free players get to enjoy as much as the premium players.

I enjoy the combat - and no holy trinity is always a plus in my books. Dodging/blocking actually means something and not just trading hits with enemy to see who dies first.

And it is relatively easy to catch up when I take breaks from PSO2 compared to when it first came out.

KaizoKage
Sep 5, 2017, 10:21 AM
A free2play game with minimal pay2win aspects unlike most korean/china MMOs.

I agree wholeheartedly by this statement.

this game always makes me wonder if the staff are all otakus with their models of waifu shits in-game... just think, we have dakimakuras (hug pillows) as weapons, then look at all the costumes and accessories we have especially for the female stuffs, its like, instead of focusing on gameplay content, they're more focused on costumes, how bout some new running animation since Cast can swap between 2 options, no? okay.

but on the other hand, you can still buy those AC limited content through player shop, and this game feels like a console game which I really really love to play, its not like those point and click, and then spamming either 1-9 keys or other buttons on the keyboard to attack lol

Mystil
Oct 31, 2017, 02:27 AM
At least it's not PSU. ...dear god, that game.

Eh I think PSU's gameplay was fine, but it was plagued with really uptight/shady players and a useless localization team.