PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO2 in English legal?

Zaladin03
Mar 14, 2017, 03:25 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if PSO2 English is legal or it is ok for english players to play. Please provide legit proof, I want to play it but, that is a concern.

The Walrus
Mar 14, 2017, 03:29 PM
Nah dude, the FBI is gonna bust down your door for daring to play a superior japanese mmo.

Zaladin03
Mar 14, 2017, 03:31 PM
Gotcha, but I'm just wanting a direct answer.

Arada
Mar 14, 2017, 03:32 PM
PSO2 is only 5 years old so I guess it's not yet legal, no. :o

Zorak000
Mar 14, 2017, 03:34 PM
the stuff in the Terms of Service is just legal jargon they put in place to:
1.) not require to have their support staff trained in multiple languages
2.) not be held responsible should anything with involved with the English Patches turn into actual exploits/cheats/hacks

The only proof I myself can supply is that I've been playing since closed beta with English patches and not encountered any sort of ban or litigation.
Sakai was quoted back during the Beta as being impressed that an English patch had surfaced so quickly, however that is the last official word spoken about it; since they cannot officially or unofficially endorse it after they implemented the file encryption.

The truth is they do not care one bit unless you are disrupting other players through harassment or hacking. (or have too unstable of a connection during special quests but that's more of a recent thing that even the Japanese players are upset at sega about)

Zaladin03
Mar 14, 2017, 03:45 PM
the stuff in the Terms of Service is just legal jargon they put in place to:
1.) not require to have their support staff trained in multiple languages
2.) not be held responsible should anything with involved with the English Patches turn into actual exploits/cheats/hacks

The only proof I myself can supply is that I've been playing since closed beta with English patches and not encountered any sort of ban or litigation.
Sakai was quoted back during the Beta as being impressed that an English patch had surfaced so quickly, however that is the last official word spoken about it; since they cannot officially or unofficially endorse it after they implemented the file encryption.

The truth is they do not care one bit unless you are disrupting other players through harassment or hacking. (or have too unstable of a connection during special quests but that's more of a recent thing that even the Japanese players are upset at sega about)

Thank you

TehCubey
Mar 14, 2017, 06:40 PM
Playing the game in English is not illegal. There are no legal consequences for doing so.

It is against ToS, which is not the same thing. Sega can technically ban you for doing this.

However, there is no way for them to detect that you're playing the game with an English patch installed, and they don't care either.

Vatallus
Mar 14, 2017, 07:13 PM
I feel like you aren't old enough to play PSO2.

Great Pan
Mar 14, 2017, 08:17 PM
This game is for grown-ups, you kids go play your puny smartphone games. Choo choo!

pkemr4
Mar 15, 2017, 12:28 AM
This game is for grown-ups, you kids go play your puny smartphone games. Choo choo!

but es keeps funneling my wallet