PDA

View Full Version : If your thinking of getting the US XBox version DONT!!!

Darrell
Apr 30, 2003, 10:40 AM
As it says in the title don't bother getting the american version of PSO if you live outside of the US or Canada as the you will not be able to get online with it as i found out, which has cost me about 360 Pounds (for the box and game) as i couldn't wait for the UK release i went a brought a US box and PSO got it home activated the live kit (a US live kit) tested the demos online they work fine and then tried PSO. I went to go online and it said you need a hunters license to play online so i went to the hunters license page and then i had a loverly message saying the following :

(No. 406)
Cannot continue due to
an unexpected error.
Press A to restart the game.

So i rang microsoft of america (from england, not looking forward to me phone bill)and they told me the reason why i cant get online, it is because i am out of the billing area which means only people who live in america and canida can play the US version online as the game checks your billing address and because i am from england it throughs up that error basically saying tough your from england you cant play, even though i have a US box the game and a live kit and a credit card, which means they would still get paid. I think its just messed up for all us people who like to import and play the games earlier than over here.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darrell on 2003-04-30 08:44 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Apr 30, 2003, 11:17 AM
I can give you a FAKE billing address if you like...

Are you using a credit card for your hunters license?

abrader
Apr 30, 2003, 11:44 AM
Yeah dood, id giva ya my address if thats all ya need....unfortunately, I think the addy will need to match up with the CC billing info or the card will be declined....

AppieDPC
Apr 30, 2003, 12:51 PM
m8 got his usa live online(with mech and some other games). Just by using a usa adres http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif (4the record hes in EU)
They only use the CC 2 check if some1 of 18+ finds it OK that u play on Live. They dont check adres shyt of CC.