PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker issue on new PC

TheAstarion
May 3, 2017, 06:20 AM
Hey guys, not had (m)any problems with Tweaker in the past but now I'm having issues. All done with Administrator priveliges. (Windows 10 64bit)

Running the game from the Tweaker gives no joy, I'm lucky to get the pso2 bmp and a gameguard *.erl prompt. Game doesn't launch, Tweaker is deleted, probably by gameguard.

Using pso2_start.bat (unless the command for this has changed) does nothing.

Importing a GN Field from another pc's installation of the Tweaker makes no difference.

Launching through official launcher causes a full sega speed filecheck on each launch, and the Tweaker is victimised and deleted, probably by gameguard.

Game located in C:/phantasystaronline2 and Tweaker in C:/PSO2 Tweaker ; no program files, downloads, desktop or win32 conflicts here.

As far as I can tell, I don't have an antivirus that would victimise the Tweaker, but would be happy to be wrong. Everything works fine on my laptop but the new pc is a new pc.

Anyone else have any insights into what I could do to get everything working as it should?

Anduril
May 3, 2017, 11:06 AM
If the Tweaker is being deleted, then you more than likely do have an anti-virus program of some sort as GG doesn't really delete anything. If it is a pre-fab PC, then it likely does have an antivirus program loaded on to it; if it is a custom build (thus having no preloaded software), then Windows Defender is likely active.

TheAstarion
May 4, 2017, 06:02 AM
Tried making exceptions to the Tweaker itself and to the folder it's in in Windows Defender (and restarted to be sure), can't see any other antivirus active at all; I have a trial version of the manufacturer's pet AV that's inactive (but still lets me scan items using its protocols and it decides that Tweaker is safe, as expected, when I do so). Still no change.

Again, launch gets as far as the PSO2 bmp, Tweaker disappears as soon as the bmp does, but the actual game doesn't launch.

I've used the Tweaker's option to fix gameguard errors (i.e. deleting gameguard and letting it re-download itself) and still no joy. And renaming the Tweaker to see if something's specifically targeting that filename doesn't even let it launch these days.