PDA

View Full Version : main class and sub class questions.

deathsway
Jun 19, 2017, 02:06 PM
so i finaly opened up my subclass today i was force level 26 i wanted to be able to use double sabers and from what i read had i choosen fighter as sub class i couldnt use the double sabers so i decided to go fighter as main class and i put my level 26 force as my sub class. was this a good idea do fighter/force play well at all for end game? and how should i go about raising my mag now that fighter is my main class? iv read i can open even more classes at some point but idk what those classes are and if that is going to help me at all or when i even open those classes.

jooozek
Jun 19, 2017, 05:48 PM
hybrid classes don't work in this game outside of niche uses, you basically won't be able to use offensive techs and melee in same quest without being a dead weight in later difficulties, Fi was ok in the past as a sub for Fo but only because of Brave Stance, nothing else
you can also switch (sub)classes whenever outside a quest zone
the only good way to raise a mag is picking one of the ATK, anything else is a waste as of today, you get 3 free char slots, so it's easy to make chars with a different ATK type for all types of ATK

Kiyumi
Jun 19, 2017, 06:50 PM
If you want to play Fighter youll want another SATK class as sub. The (main) purpose of a subclass is to provide the skill tree and youll want a subclass that can benefit you. Probably the best option is Hu sub because you can use the many useful skills from there such as Fury Stance and Iron Will.

As for your mag, only feed it (orange) weapons of SATK to max 1 stat, anything else is useless.

GHNeko
Jun 19, 2017, 11:28 PM
hybrid classes don't work in this game outside of niche uses, you basically won't be able to use offensive techs and melee in same quest without being a dead weight in later difficulties, Fi was ok in the past as a sub for Fo but only because of Brave Stance, nothing else
you can also switch (sub)classes whenever outside a quest zone
the only good way to raise a mag is picking one of the ATK, anything else is a waste as of today, you get 3 free char slots, so it's easy to make chars with a different ATK type for all types of ATK

hey now

FoFi is still amazing.

Slayer, Chase, TAJA, Stance Dance. All really good for Fo still.

Especially now that rings are a thing so FoFi has access to PPC. It also has access to Aura Rod which is totes useful when you need regen but need to keep up the DPS.

Great Pan
Jun 19, 2017, 11:40 PM
Hu/Fo god class combo, try it.

GHNeko
Jun 20, 2017, 01:48 AM

as someone who's actually spent time on this build for 1-2 weeks.

i hope no one ever listens to this advice lmao

oratank
Jun 20, 2017, 02:43 AM

you spell it wrong not HuFo it is HeRo

deathsway
Jun 20, 2017, 08:12 AM
thanks for the replies but im having a ton of fun as a fighter force i think im gona stick with it cfor my first toon if end game plays out to bad ill make a new charecter but hybrid classes was always the reason i loved the original pso fighting force anyone? lmao and to be honest i dont plan on taking this games end game nearly as serious as i would other mmos such as wow pso was always just a fun grind game to me nothing serious.

Anduril
Jun 20, 2017, 08:45 AM
thanks for the replies but im having a ton of fun as a fighter force i think im gona stick with it cfor my first toon if end game plays out to bad ill make a new charecter but hybrid classes was always the reason i loved the original pso fighting force anyone? lmao and to be honest i dont plan on taking this games end game nearly as serious as i would other mmos such as wow pso was always just a fun grind game to me nothing serious.
If you do feel like going with that combo, I might suggest going Fi/Su instead; if you ignore all of the Pet-only skills, Summoner (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11cIbCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIobCIo bCIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j dBIcIk4SfGF4OrAHXHS00000f)will give you better bonuses that will also effect Double Saber along with letting you use Techs.

Calsetes
Jun 20, 2017, 08:53 AM
You could in theory use a double-saber as a Force, but I think you'd need to get one that either has Force listed as one of the allowed classes on the weapon, or you'd have to stick it in your Item Creation thingymadobber to remove the class restriction on it (or add Force.) I don't know how hard that is to do, or how feasible it'd still be, but... I mean, it IS an option.

Just don't expect to be running around with a 13* doublesaber as a Force since I think only old-type weapons can be tweaked like that, and I think only up to 12*.

Moffen
Jun 20, 2017, 09:01 AM
Skia Blade and Coat Doublis can be used on Fo/Fi but the only reason you want to use either of them (Mainly skia) is because its a nice way of getting a lot of PP back point blank and and you can cast from the subpalette.

Its a backup weapon though,wouldnt main it.

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 20, 2017, 09:04 AM
Fi/fo is ass. You'll regret it the moment you go into super hard.

ralf542
Jun 20, 2017, 09:31 AM
my first toon

Wrong game dude.

Pyrei
Jun 20, 2017, 09:33 PM
https://youtu.be/BsfIClAMxYo

just felt like putting this here for reasons, fi/fo much like alot of other niche builds can be good, key is are you willing to put in the EXTRA TIME and/or EFFORT to make it as great as the other meta builds

GHNeko
Jun 20, 2017, 11:16 PM

just felt like putting this here for reasons, fi/fo much like alot of other niche builds can be good, key is are you willing to put in the EXTRA TIME and/or EFFORT to make it as great as the other meta builds

I mean

yeah

sorta

as one of the more notable players of off-meta you're not wrong, but that logic only applies to certain off-meta builds because they have the raw capabilities before gimmicks and player skill become a factor.

there is a difference between viable and semi-viable.

no amount of extra effort and time can push certain niche builds beyond semi-viable. and even more depressingly, no amount of extra effort and time can push certain niche builds to the level of meta builds. at its core, pso2 is an rpg and that means numbers is a huge factor in things.

im not gonna go into detail about that FiFo build, but the problem i have with you posting it is that you're showing off a player playing this build but to a good majority of people, they wont understand the problems with this build and why it's something that wouldnt find itself being pushed past the realm of semi-viability. (on top of that, that player wasnt even that great and the video is kinda old so the problems are even more exasperated relative to today's PSO2)

it's not a bad build or anything but it's not a good supporting arguement for the idea of "any niche build can be good if you put extra work/time into it" just because it has some glaring problems that cant be circumvented with effort and time.

milranduil
Jun 20, 2017, 11:19 PM

that is really awful dmg...

GHNeko
Jun 21, 2017, 12:14 AM

yeah it does less than 1/5th of my FoFi's damage.

it's a really bad arguing point for his general argument.

blkbox11
Jun 21, 2017, 12:47 AM
Not sure if TC is baiting responses.

was this a good idea do fighter/force play well at all for end game?

And then:

Like, why bother asking the first question if you're already having fun and planning on using it anyway? And why ask about endgame if you aren't going to take it seriously?

blood13666
Jun 21, 2017, 02:17 AM
if you want to play that class combo that's up to you....but I believe you will get wreck quite hardcore the day you try to get access to expert block...I know you said you don't care much bout seriousness but I think you might wanna reconsider when you will be up to the extra hard difficulty for EQ...non-expert block tend to fail the bosses//waves eq a lot

expert blocks are pretty much blocks reserve to great and epic players.....and uhh...some ppl that did "pay to win" aka cheat success by purchasing scape dolls...great players would be those that clear heaven and hell XQ while struggling....while epic players would be those that clear the place as if it was a breeze to them...with the build you went you might as well be an epic player to try it with these class combo

......bit unrelated next but....i'am actually surprised at the quantity of players that has access to the expert blocks...like 80-85% of the players...if we were on World of Warcraft game it would be like the top 5% of the players only that does the top difficulty raids(comparing those to h&h) XD......pretty sure a lot of peeps did pay to win to get on those blocks if u were to ask me about it :S....but ya know wut......maybe its just Jap ppl that are rly good compared to americans XD..or maybe i'am just insane and its entirely irrevelant :D

Pyrei
Jun 21, 2017, 02:26 AM

to be fair it is awful dmg, but still its not bad how guy was able to put it to use for him, when I saw the vid long time ago I was like huh this could be fun to play as for a few hours (not that id lv from 75 > 80 as fi/fo) but really when I see vids like that of ppl just about going all out using niche classes I think its pretty neat.

ralf542
Jun 21, 2017, 02:45 AM

Maybe I missed it but why is that player Fi/Fo and not Fo/Fi? I mean he is using knuckle(Orbit) cuz he/she don't have Orbit Rod and for Crazy Heart? I wanted to see some Fighter weapon action...

milranduil
Jun 21, 2017, 05:15 PM
yeah it does less than 1/5th of my FoFi's damage.

it's a really bad arguing point for his general argument.

yeah exactly lol. fo/fi dmg is legit, fi/fo is just bad tho.

reinforcers
Jun 21, 2017, 10:51 PM
why do you want Fo as sub for Fi? if you looking for tech usage you might want to consider Su or Bo so you can get S-Atk too, while with Su you can also get extra HP and all DEF and Bo give you boost for Deband/shifta also Crit Field

Kondibon
Jun 21, 2017, 11:09 PM
why do you want Fo as sub for Fi?[Probably for limit break procs, even though they'd just be flat atk bonuses, and the 20% multiplier only applies to striking damage. :wacko:

Ryuhou
Jun 22, 2017, 06:05 AM
FiBo is a meta build and with the incoming non elemental boost for elemental stance as well as the allclass DBs from 2016 badges (atm you can get items to trade for these badges from Xie's cos, which can be completed in normal mode) or Red DBs at lower levels you get techs (though for damage techs to make sense you need a meta casting build, support/healing techs are good in every build however) as well as high damage with weapons.

Considering Hu's Fury stance is ~60% and full elemental stance is ~32% you will need a rainbow for fi weapons just for any kind of comparable damage and depending on how much the non elemental boost is, it may or may not be a good idea.

Using Dbs as FiBo is different because it's a bouncer weapon and you'd just main Fi for crit strike and LB, so you are doing the same as Bo/Fi just with higher damage because of Crit Strike and LB .
But tbh I never think off meta builds just to be able to use specific weapons together are worth it. We can change class any time in the lobby so you can simply use meta builds and alternate between classes, probably enjoying each class/weapon more because it's as strong as it can be.

GHNeko
Jun 22, 2017, 04:08 PM
FiBo is a meta build and with the incoming non elemental boost for elemental stance as well as the allclass DBs from 2016 badges (atm you can get items to trade for these badges from Xie's cos, which can be completed in normal mode) or Red DBs at lower levels you get techs (though for damage techs to make sense you need a meta casting build, support/healing techs are good in every build however) as well as high damage with weapons.

Considering Hu's Fury stance is ~60% and full elemental stance is ~32% you will need a rainbow for fi weapons just for any kind of comparable damage and depending on how much the non elemental boost is, it may or may not be a good idea.

Using Dbs as FiBo is different because it's a bouncer weapon and you'd just main Fi for crit strike and LB, so you are doing the same as Bo/Fi just with higher damage because of Crit Strike and LB .
But tbh I never think off meta builds just to be able to use specific weapons together are worth it. We can change class any time in the lobby so you can simply use meta builds and alternate between classes, probably enjoying each class/weapon more because it's as strong as it can be.

FiBo really isnt a meta build tho. :thinking:

all class DBs are bad. the only 2 DBs worth using on FiBo as Astral Blaze and Arion DB.

DB PAs dont play nice with brave stance as well, and on top of that, FiBo doesnt have access to strike switch meaning JBs are based off of tatk, so FiBo you have to pick DBs or JBs since you have to affix for different stats.

Unless you're willing to deal with suboptimal weapon damage. :wacko:

deathsway
Jun 22, 2017, 08:04 PM
Not sure if TC is baiting responses.

And then:

Like, why bother asking the first question if you're already having fun and planning on using it anyway? And why ask about endgame if you aren't going to take it seriously?

i was curious how hybrid classes do in this game is that ok?

TehCubey
Jun 22, 2017, 08:15 PM
It's okay to ask if something is good or not. The issue is when people give you advice and tell you that some combos are no good and your response is "whatever this is what I find fun so I'll just ignore you". A huge portion of endgame is MPAs with other people, so if you are running a deliberately weak gimmick build (and hybrids are that) then you're not just making it harder for yourself, you're making it harder for 11 other people.

deathsway
Jun 22, 2017, 08:49 PM
so iv decided since they are close and can still use magic im going to go fighter / techer iv read that that is a lot better in end game it can give good support and attack so im gona go that.

Anduril
Jun 22, 2017, 09:46 PM
so iv decided since they are close and can still use magic im going to go fighter / techer iv read that that is a lot better in end game it can give good support and attack so im gona go that.

Techer's main support skills are Main Class only, so you can't access their best support skills as Fi/Te.

deathsway
Jun 22, 2017, 10:06 PM
iv decided im just gona go force/techer myabe later on ill switch to fi/hu i can switch at any time right? and can i get a second mag somewhere?

GHNeko
Jun 22, 2017, 10:06 PM

go TeFi Wand. Save yourself the trouble.

Anduril
Jun 22, 2017, 10:08 PM
iv decided im just gona go force/techer myabe later on ill switch to fi/hu i can switch at any time right? and can i get a second mag somewhere?

You an switch classes anytime, yes. However, you need to spend AC to buy a second mag.
Alternatively, you can always use one of your other 2 character slots to do Fi/Hu while being Fo/Te on your main (or vice-versa).

deathsway
Jun 22, 2017, 11:03 PM
yea i switched to force /techer my mag is a littled messed only gona have 135 tech at level 200 but o well ill make a second charecter for fighter/hunter

maoulizbeth
Jun 23, 2017, 02:13 PM

This post was so bad it made me sign up just to respond. If you're trying to advocate for a build...why do you post an example with such horrific stat allocation? FiFo barely makes sense and i'd almost understand if it was a glass cannon a la FoFi but it just looks like someone scrambled together some items they owned. That damage is like, badly statted 12* rod 8* 3s units ep3 fote damage. I'd almost like to see FiFo pushed to it's limit because of this video cause it shows off nothing good/interesting about the build cause the stat allocation is painful

Dephinix
Jun 24, 2017, 10:58 PM
The class when I had it was incredibly fun, and definitely good for SH, and mobbing, outside of that though, it can't compete with meta builds.. lol.