PDA

View Full Version : Strongest class combinations/meta currently?

Breadsticks
Jun 24, 2017, 11:31 PM
A filthy min maxer I know

DrCatco
Jun 25, 2017, 12:36 AM
BrRa!

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/gStLprcvnTo[/SPOILER-BOX]

No no, TeBr!

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/9XQSJFBX698[/SPOILER-BOX]

Of course not, FiHu ftw!

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/sdDN0lk_9fc[/SPOILER-BOX]

What? No Summoner? smh

[SPOILER-BOX]

https://youtu.be/9qrlIsg4_pk
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Don't forget FoTe, please:

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/aYOqmPWMfXE[/SPOILER-BOX]

What else, what else...

Great Pan
Jun 25, 2017, 01:12 AM
Hu/Fo. A magikal big-ass sword wielder is awesome.

TehCubey
Jun 25, 2017, 08:29 AM
FoTe, FiHu, BrHu. These are class combinations that are strong and will remain strong.

Ep 5 is coming up soon so some currently strong combinations (Su/whatever for Marons, BrRa for banish combos) may get a severe nerf, but the above if anything will only get stronger.

Ryuhou
Jun 28, 2017, 05:48 AM
BrHu is considered strong again? Guren made that much of an impact?

Also, Guhu is really good again now. With the tmg up ring, IF t0 and the upcoming buffs (nm chain nerf, that kind of finisher damage per hit won't happen unless you are GuRa anyway) it will kick ass like never before. It might technically have been more op in ep 2 but it was certainly a lot more boring back then.

TheFanaticViper
Jun 28, 2017, 08:00 AM
BrHu is considered strong again? Guren made that much of an impact?

not guren only, i'm not an expert of Braver but things like Sakura Type 0, combat finish with the Katana Combat Count Up ring, banish + kamikaze arrow

Dephinix
Jun 28, 2017, 09:35 PM
Br/Hu has always been strong, just nothing crazy like Fi/Hu. Guren made it much faster, and Sakura Endo-0 gave it a good boss killing pp burst move, or a better rotation with Gekka. It still shines as a hybrid class too if you go that route.

Definitely looking forward to Gu/Hu, if I ever get on again.

Breadsticks
Jun 29, 2017, 08:04 AM
So where does FoTe fit here you guys explained FiHu and gunner

Also do take in consideration EP5

Zorak000
Jun 29, 2017, 02:12 PM
Fo/ is The Best At Techs. if you only want to deal damage via techs, that's force.

/Te to force is currently mandatory, as the entirety of a Compound Tech's damage is boosted by -both- applicable Elemental Masteries. so it's not 1.44x to the fire half of fomelgion and 1.44x to the dark half, it's 2.0736x to the entire attack! The 2-minute cooldown to compounds in episode 5 will hurt Force since right now their meta is to get compounds flowing as fast and as much as you can.

The skill tree changes will allow Force Main to be able to afford to make a Fire/Ice or Lightning/Ice tree, but due to how important Flame S Charge and Bolt Tech PP Save are to their respective elements, Fire/Lightning isn't really possible just yet. Techer sub trees to force should be able to max all three elemental masteries with more than enough points to spare for utility skills like PP Restorate, PP Convert, and Super Treatment.

The power buffs to various techs, as well as the "buffs" to the power-focused tech mods (read: "they forgot that they accidentally stealth-nerfed almost all of them at the start of episode 3"), alongside the 2-minute cooldown to compound techs, may see a rise in use of more sustained DPS using power-boosted techs that have longer charge times. Allowing forces to regenerate more PP with Tech Charge PP Restore, as opposed to Ragrant's low-charge burst-damage that leaves you dry on pp after a few casts, but charges your compound gauge quickly due to it's multi-hit properties.

short version: I expect to see Ilbarta, Ilfoie and Namegid get more use again; there is a cap on how much the compound tech gauge fills per-hit, so large single-hit techs with long charge times are not that favorable. The 2-minute cooldown on compounds will change that, though the flow of force will depend on if you can still fill the gauge during the cooldown or not.

EDIT: granted, this post is more "how will fo/te play going into ep5" than if it is still on the radar. I've never been good at comparing entirely different main classes to each other

Breadsticks
Jun 29, 2017, 03:28 PM
so I am pretty confused as to how much weaker is Fo but I guess your reply will do

EDIT:they buffed Fi o k a y

Zorak000
Jun 29, 2017, 03:47 PM
yeah sorry, I guess im more geared to help people make the most of the playstyles they prefer.

Currently Compound Techs are super strong so Force is all about using them as often as possible, so them giving it a hard cooldown is a pretty big nerf in that sense.
We will see how much the buffs to regular techs will go towards compensating for that, but it will still more than likely be a net loss in dps for most scenarios.

Zorak000
Jun 29, 2017, 03:52 PM
oh right whoops didnt read the first post my bad

mr.chills
Jun 29, 2017, 08:36 PM
surprised no one mentioned ra/hu yet
to me fi/hu, ra/hu and fo/te have been at the top of their respective atk types/colors for a looong time now, i consider them to be "top 3"

i feel like ra/hu utilizes the massive/auto combo the best out of any classes since its long pa's almost guarantee some form of punishment
the pa's that ra/hu's massive lets you keep are more expensive, damaging and longer charging than pa's of other classes using the massive/auto combo
now that izane units have stabilized fi/hu's lb+massive/auto, id say they are tied for making the most out of that combo, but then again fi/hu is at the top of anyones list these days anyways

ra/hu is also relatively safe from the incoming nerfs if you dont consider quests with 250% wb to be that hard to begin with. i guess lv80 shaq infected bosses will be a bigger pain, but for most multi-player content ra/hu will be stronger if anything due to wb jamming removal and random pa buffs

i wonder if the wb crosshair is blue from the 120% damage or the jamming? since its both now
red: 250% and makes anything underneath it a weakspot
blue: 120% and jammed(does not make the underlying part a weakspot(unless native weakspot already) for weak skills)
meaning if its from the damage then the new wb will be blue, but if its from the jamming effect then all wb will be red after ep5 hits

Zorak000
Jun 29, 2017, 09:46 PM
blue is from the jamming; it will always be red now

Ryuhou
Jun 30, 2017, 01:55 AM
Br/Hu has always been strong, just nothing crazy like Fi/Hu. Guren made it much faster, and Sakura Endo-0 gave it a good boss killing pp burst move, or a better rotation with Gekka. It still shines as a hybrid class too if you go that route.

Definitely looking forward to Gu/Hu, if I ever get on again.
Before guren it was trashy. Mediocre damage and lack of a decent gap closer (Asagiri is crap but hopefully the buff will fix this) meant that Katana was perpetually late for the party and Sakura Endo base needs a charge first thing which occasionally is too slow to hit.

TehCubey
Jun 30, 2017, 07:32 AM
FoTe is strong and will remain strong in ep 5. Even without compound techs, a good Force can dish out some serious damage with normal techniques, which are getting a buff.
The compound tech cooldown is a complication, but assuming different cooldowns for each compound tech (or do they share? Someone elaborate) you can easily switch between formelgion and barantsion - and thanks to the skill tree changes, now they will be both good!

RaHu is fine but it's not top tier. It's more of a support class. It can also dish out serious damage, but Fighter, Force and Gunner will outdamage it. Braver, too. EDIT: Forgot Summoner too, though I wonder how will it be in ep 5. Either way, Ra deals less damage by itself than all other classes except Te (pure support), Bo (garbage tier at the moment, can be made to work but requires massive investment) and Hu (meme class for people who think this game can have tanks).

Before guren it was trashy. Mediocre damage and lack of a decent gap closer (Asagiri is crap but hopefully the buff will fix this) meant that Katana was perpetually late for the party and Sakura Endo base needs a charge first thing which occasionally is too slow to hit.

Someone doesn't remember shunka dunka.

TheFanaticViper
Jun 30, 2017, 09:58 AM
Someone doesn't remember shunka dunka.

yea but between the shunka nerf (end ep2) and Guren (Kuronia), if i remember correctly around one year passed!

Anduril
Jun 30, 2017, 10:11 AM
The compound tech cooldown is a complication, but assuming different cooldowns for each compound tech (or do they share? Someone elaborate) you can easily switch between formelgion and barantsion - and thanks to the skill tree changes, now they will be both good!

Compounds share the same cooldown.

TehCubey
Jun 30, 2017, 10:52 AM
yea but between the shunka nerf (end ep2) and Guren (Kuronia), if i remember correctly around one year passed!

Hatou was always there, same for tsukimi-gekka combos (though that's for bosses).

Well isn't that a shame. Hopefully the tech buff will compensate. BTW got a source on that?

Anduril
Jun 30, 2017, 11:40 AM
Well isn't that a shame. Hopefully the tech buff will compensate. BTW got a source on that?
That is currently how Compound Techs work (I play Techer and Force) in the sense that they fill up all together and all empty out when one is used; the only change they mentioned is that there is now a hard 2 minute cooldown, and I don't see why they would change the fact that Compounds share the same fill-up/cooldown, especially if they are trying to lower the use of Compound Techs in a short amount of time.
In a scenario where they all have a separate cooldown, you would basically see people just chaining them back to back for a pretty big burst of damage in 10~15 seconds.

Ryuhou
Jul 3, 2017, 05:33 AM
Speaking of CD, I really hope the compound gauge will be replaced by the cd cause I don't want to have to fill the gauge and also wait 2 minutes. Would certainly be useful for te and in EQs where a fo is zondeeling and others kill mobs so fast the fo can barely get a hit in.

Hatou was always there, same for tsukimi-gekka combos
Except that Hatou is extremely unreliable and loses to Sakura Endo in most situations and Tsukimi-Gekka also loses to Sakura Endo.
Not to mention hatou requires a specific relatively short range and tsukimi-gekka is point blank, so as I said, Katana was always late to the party and had trouble getting hits in before mobs and even some bosses died.

Zorak000
Jul 3, 2017, 09:50 AM
well, if you can fill the gauge in less than 2 minutes it shouldn't be a problem. unless the gauge doesn't charge until the cooldown is over, then it kinda blows

ArcaneTechs
Jul 4, 2017, 01:29 AM
read the buffs/nerfs coming with Ep5 (scroll down a bit): http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-station-9-recap/#details-0-0
then decide what your gonna go for, something like BR/GU is gonna take a hit for example via CT power nerf and Chain Finish being Main Class only now