PDA

View Full Version : Buster Quest Discussion: "We Need A New Gameplay Mode", SEGA Said

Pages : 1 [2]

Altiea
Aug 20, 2017, 03:57 PM
So, is it just me, or do people seem to not realize that you can stop charging Minotaurs with a Just Guard? I never see anyone attempt to stop them with anything other than a Stun or Reject Barrier.

Masu
Aug 20, 2017, 04:41 PM
So, is it just me, or do people seem to not realize that you can stop charging Minotaurs with a Just Guard? I never see anyone attempt to stop them with anything other than a Stun or Reject Barrier.

I do...sometimes, when right conditions are met. Problem is I seem to be able able to do it for 3 consecutives times at best before getting blown by the others that follow or random shits I don't see coming. Then rip dps :v Most often when minotaures are about to charge, window is a huge clusterfuck too (thanks brand new star spammer) lol

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2017, 04:44 PM
Doesn't that mean a summoner with Maron can just stand in front of them all?

Altiea
Aug 20, 2017, 04:58 PM
Doesn't that mean a summoner with Maron can just stand in front of them all?

I dunno if regular Guards work. I've only done it as Hero so far, and Brightness End is essentially free JGs, so I haven't tried with other weapons.

Kondibon
Aug 20, 2017, 05:13 PM
I dunno if regular Guards work.You JG while blocking with Maron if something hits you from the front instead of Maron for whatever reason. Even if it's due to an AoE.

Altiea
Aug 20, 2017, 05:30 PM
You JG while blocking with Maron if something hits you from the front instead of Maron for whatever reason. Even if it's due to an AoE.

Huh, I've never seen that before. Goes to show how much I play SU.

Alenoir
Aug 20, 2017, 07:26 PM
Maron and Melon puts up a 180 degree shield in front of you, and that shield happen to be counted as JG for the entire duration it's up. Never tried to block minos with 'em them though cause I usually run off for crystals.

Moffen
Aug 20, 2017, 07:59 PM
You can stunlock the minotaurs with talis PA's Dive Bullet and Racer Edge but also the TMG PA Moment Trick.

Jump in the air and TPS moment trick and you can slowly turn as you shoot so you can sorta just swipe across the minotaur spawn and stunlock everything while someone else goes and kills the thing or it dies because you shot it in the face.

Basically any stun PA works.

Altiea
Aug 20, 2017, 09:00 PM
Maron and Melon puts up a 180 degree shield in front of you, and that shield happen to be counted as JG for the entire duration it's up. Never tried to block minos with 'em them though cause I usually run off for crystals.

I know that much, but I didn't know they counted as JG. I just assumed they were counted as normal Guards because Maron still takes damage.

[Ayumi]
Aug 21, 2017, 01:58 AM
I only did enough of them to finish the story to get the camo and I'm sick and tired of these BQs already. They're not fun.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 22, 2017, 12:32 AM
Buster points need to go above 3k. I've only caught lag, and DCed in BQ today.

Worst part is, it was during a damn free match I only felt like doing to get the cube for CF. Now I had to do 4 games just to be eligible to do advanced again.

Fucking garbage.

Poyonche
Aug 22, 2017, 02:17 AM
Got 630'd just after I got assigned to a tower in an advanced match, wasted 1 Match Stamina and lost 300BP.

So yeah I agree with you, let the points gove above 3k SEGA pls.

Ryna
Aug 22, 2017, 09:14 AM
The matchmaker for Buster Quests seems a bit weird sometimes. You can spend 20 minutes waiting in a 2/8 match, switch blocks, requeue, and you're suddenly in a 8/8 match.

Buster Quests are a nice diversion, but they get repetitive rather quickly for me. Playing Free match to recharge my Stamina meter feels like a waste of time.

Poyonche
Aug 22, 2017, 09:50 AM
The matchmaker for Buster Quests seems a bit weird sometimes. You can spend 20 minutes waiting in a 2/8 match, switch blocks, requeue, and you're suddenly in a 8/8 match.

When I am in Campship, I have the feeling that matchmaker kind of force me to get in parties of that block, even tho there is nobody... (or only one person)

Ryna
Aug 22, 2017, 10:14 AM
When I am in Campship, I have the feeling that matchmaker kind of force me to get in parties of that block, even tho there is nobody... (or only one person)

The Multi-Block matchmaking seems odd at times. I sometimes wonder if it gives priority to matching everyone in a specific block. Otherwise, you can easily walk away with the impression that Buster Quests are very unpopular.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 22, 2017, 10:30 AM
Me too i got Dc'ed during advanced match today (so gotta do 2 main matches to get back to Advanced), and i DC'ed during a story quest 1 hour before, seeing 2 others ppl got DC'ed today makes me think SEGA's servers aren't in good shape today and can be risky to BQ today.........

Vatallus
Aug 22, 2017, 10:45 AM
Yeah. The only time I've lost points is because of a couple DCs. Would be splendid if we could go above 3k.

IchijinKali
Aug 22, 2017, 10:51 AM

Buster Quests are a nice diversion, but they get repetitive rather quickly for me. Playing Free match to recharge my Stamina meter feels like a waste of time.

I can tell you why that happens quite easily. Next time you are waiting for quite awhile check the block they threw you in. Any of the XH blocks, like b11, is pretty much a death sentence to get enough people.

Any block that is requiring prem to get in are pretty much the dead BQ mpas.

Dragwind
Aug 22, 2017, 10:52 AM
I also agree that Buster Quests should go above 3k points for the obviously stated reasons. I do think they will eventually, as I think they'll be adding further grades in the future and will possibly consider adjusting the point pool.

loafhero
Aug 22, 2017, 11:28 AM
Playing Free match to recharge my Stamina meter feels like a waste of time.

Aside from that, the other incentive to play Free Match is to get a Main Match boost (Tri 100%) if you're aiming for completing Evleda CFs but filling the Evleda CF is stupidly easy as the drop rates are not only really high for completing one round (even without the Main Match boost) but BQs aren't time gated.

I'd recommend taking a 2 day break from BQs and just let the Stamina gauge refill itself to avoid being burnt out by the repetition.

Shadowstarkirby
Aug 22, 2017, 12:18 PM
Why is Sega incapable of making any of their content worth running outside of a couple weeks? They could have thrown in daily SG, camos, Sentence affix units, +1 Grind Caps and so much more, but instead we get a ugly nonrecolorable outfit, one Lobby Action, weapon boosters, crystals that are now being undercut to worthlessness, and 15k EXP tickets.

Throw us a bone, guys. You bust class balance then funnel us into a single barely changing quest for what I'm assuming is going to be the norm for each BQ in Ep 5, the least you could do is make it rewarding, fuck.

Can we also get an increase BP limit above 3k, please? The stamina shit altogether is so contrived and just having to do free mode at all is annoying, then I end up disconnecting, losing 300 points (in free mode at that? Why?) and now get no chances at 14* weapons trying to play catch up for 3 or 4 runs.

Cyber Meteor
Aug 22, 2017, 12:33 PM
Why is Sega incapable of making any of their content worth running outside of a couple weeks?

I think it's more done on purpose than just sheer incompetence. By doing that they make sure the next content, no matter the quality will be the most played without shadowing the content that'll come after that, basically, it ends up the play stats are consistent updates after updates. It's also a cheap way to make things easier on their side mostly for the organization of the updates over the episode duration. Don't forget about the 10 year plan, they won't be able to make it that far by satisfying all the desires of players mid-way, so contents are never fully satisfying on purpose.
Well i say "on purpose" but SEGA showed they could be just have no idea of what they're doing, so this current state could be just them having no idea how to do better than that rather than tuning down revelancy on purpose lol, or else it really takes them quite some time to create just that and have no time to do more as they say (their engine is super old so probably hard to handle). But they want their game to last 10 years and they'll do everything to stall the game's life span until that

Selphea
Aug 22, 2017, 05:22 PM
Why is Sega incapable of making any of their content worth running outside of a couple weeks? They could have thrown in daily SG, camos, Sentence affix units, +1 Grind Caps and so much more, but instead we get a ugly nonrecolorable outfit, one Lobby Action, weapon boosters, crystals that are now being undercut to worthlessness, and 15k EXP tickets.

Throw us a bone, guys. You bust class balance then funnel us into a single barely changing quest for what I'm assuming is going to be the norm for each BQ in Ep 5, the least you could do is make it rewarding, fuck.

Can we also get an increase BP limit above 3k, please? The stamina shit altogether is so contrived and just having to do free mode at all is annoying, then I end up disconnecting, losing 300 points (in free mode at that? Why?) and now get no chances at 14* weapons trying to play catch up for 3 or 4 runs.

You only need G3 for 14*, not G3+ according to swiki https://goo.gl/oM2rrT (link goo.gl'd because browser doesn't handle Japanese characters well)

Moffen
Aug 22, 2017, 06:52 PM
Not even aiming for the 14*s bc i know they'll never drop ;-;

Sizustar
Aug 22, 2017, 08:06 PM
Not even aiming for the 14*s bc i know they'll never drop ;-;

I've seen one ingame....Guess what is it's affix?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 28, 2017, 01:15 AM
Sitting in BQ right now.
I'm not lagging.
Nothing is spawning.
9 minutes till I lose BP to a free match.
Okay SEGA.

edit: problem somehow fixed after 2 people left the MPA. Had to wait 3 minutes for Orc Bombers spawns to rush the castle.

Altiea
Aug 28, 2017, 01:31 AM
Sitting in BQ right now.
I'm not lagging.
Nothing is spawning.
9 minutes till I lose BP to a free match.
Okay SEGA.

edit: problem somehow fixed after 2 people left the MPA. Had to wait 3 minutes for Orc Bombers spawns to rush the castle.

Very likely a problem with room host (the first player to enter a room). If their connection is unstable, it can cause problems involving spawns and enemy synchronization. They most likely 630'd, which switched hosts and fixed the problem.

loafhero
Aug 28, 2017, 05:15 AM
Got into a really bad Grade 3+ run where the MPA kept failing to protect the Buster Piles on the 2nd Buster Phase. Fairy Xierra carried our asses with 3 miraculous EX Attacks that made it so that we wouldn't have to do a 3rd Buster Phase.

If Xierra wasn't one of my favourite characters before, she certainly is now.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 31, 2017, 03:56 PM
Did a grade 2 free match, and that was the closest I ever came to actually failing.

I saw someone I was warned about the day before as being a tower-AFKer. A lord-something. Ran around as Fo/Bo.

We had other silly things like a bow Br.

Everyone but me was generally weak as hell.

I sat on the far left-most buster pile, and no problems. Things died within a few brightness ends. Far east buster pile, I just saw an army, and people getting KOed.

The castle rush was stupid. I made a pipe to the left side. No one made a pipe to the right side. No one decided to run over to the right side. Being frustrated at this point, I just waited in the left side room until the other 7 people could figure it out. We were down to 1 tower by the time we moved on castle.

I want a change to this system so I never HAVE to play with non-expert players in BQ like... now. I'm not stroking my ego here; everyone else in that MPA was weak as hell, or just bad. I did not think that was possible.

IchijinKali
Aug 31, 2017, 04:06 PM
*snip*

Bet if you checked their gear you would've probably hurled, I know I have. Non-grinded/affixed units and 12*, or less, non-max ele weapons *shudders*.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 31, 2017, 04:47 PM
Bet if you checked their gear you would've probably hurled, I know I have. Non-grinded/affixed units and 12*, or less, non-max ele weapons *shudders*.

i got too comfortable with my own BQ record. I may as well actively tempted fate and said 'what's the worst that can happen?'.

MightyHarken
Aug 31, 2017, 08:23 PM
The Buster Quest system is the most boring shit Iīve played in my life. This game just isnīt phantasy Star anymore. Itīs something else completely whack.

Vatallus
Aug 31, 2017, 08:26 PM
I still haven't lost a match yet... now on the topic of losing points on occasions because of the 630s or the game locking up... Yeah. They really need to let us go over 3000. Even if it is just 3300.

IchijinKali
Sep 1, 2017, 07:19 AM
Well I found a new way to make BQs even more annoying ADD FRICKIN RAIN. I'm going to have to start cutting back on something because fighting at inconsistent fps isn't fun.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://puu.sh/xoS1r/1771ff140e.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Nov 26, 2017, 08:57 AM
Is it just me or people barely even doing BQ anymore even free matches and on JP prime time, I feel like BQ is massive flop compared to whatever new quest mode/things EP4 introduced.

Terrence
Nov 26, 2017, 09:27 AM
You can still find a party if you're present on JP prime time and if you're extremely patient. But that doesn't mean you'll get competent sidekicks anyway. TBH, I think BQ are a total failure. If they had been added as new EQ (like Mining Base EQ) they could have been pleasant. But replacing our beloved Free Fields with this boring and repetitive thing is just too much (and I'm sure this explains the flop partially). EP4 had already stabbed FF. EP5 finished them. I just hope this will serve as a lesson...

Zulastar
Nov 26, 2017, 09:39 AM
Free matches run only these who need medals or alt's dailies. Buster EQ's enough for others. Main's comepletely useless now.

Ceresa
Nov 26, 2017, 11:14 AM
Is it just me or people barely even doing BQ anymore even free matches and on JP prime time, I feel like BQ is massive flop compared to whatever new quest mode/things EP4 introduced.

It's pretty dead, I get reasonably quick G3+ matches once JP time starts, but it's a lot of the same people. It's a shame too, getting as many cubes as any EM, tons of 12s to break or sell, and that not quite zero chance at a 14. Also tons of exp, about to max Dark Blast from it and about 150 hr cubes this week. 100% clear rate too, it's so comically easy compared to the EM, and Dark Blast trivializes it even further.

I'm sure buster will be dead again next week once this boost campaign ends though.

Flaoc
Nov 26, 2017, 09:46 PM
its pretty much the way to get quick dark blast exp so i aint complaining about spamming it during this boost

Altiea
Nov 26, 2017, 09:54 PM
I kinda wish there were more people running Main Match, since BQ makes level grinding extremely trivial.

EvilMag
Nov 26, 2017, 10:38 PM
I was happy that I finally got out of FI class cube hell thanks to this boost.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 27, 2017, 04:02 AM
its been like near dead for a boost week, sitting there for 10-20mins for one run, for whatever reason I STILL cant search for mpa's in other blocks to get a run going. Block matching is bleh for this, I just dont understand

final_attack
Nov 27, 2017, 04:12 AM
I tried running free-match only earlier, filled pretty quickly, most of the time under 2 mins waiting (about 1330 JST). Maybe only 2-3 times 5 mins wait when I played for 3-4 hours (100 Medal for Quent's sword camo).

Moffen
Nov 27, 2017, 11:19 PM
Has anyone ever seen an omega hunar spawn in G3 or G3+? I've ran it a ton of times and not encountered him once.
Does he even exist there or is sega japing me?

Altiea
Nov 27, 2017, 11:25 PM
Has anyone ever seen an omega hunar spawn in G3 or G3+? I've ran it a ton of times and not encountered him once.

I've seen him twice in G3, but he's absurdly rare; I've only gotten him to show up that many times in about 15 to 20 rounds. He gets the special cutscene when he shows up, but his theme doesn't play.

ArcaneTechs
Nov 28, 2017, 03:29 PM
had him spawn in G3+ first wave, no music, died in like 10s

Dragwind
Nov 30, 2017, 12:24 PM
its been like near dead for a boost week, sitting there for 10-20mins for one run, for whatever reason I STILL cant search for mpa's in other blocks to get a run going. Block matching is bleh for this, I just dont understand

I really wish they would add the ability to search by party for BQs, or at least a better streamlined BQ matchmaking system. In it's current state, it's pretty bad.

Often the process ends up something like this-

1. Toggle expert on/off just in hopes of finding partially filled mpas.

2. Hit multiblock matching (as it's your only choice...)

3. Get matched back into same block you were already in. You're the only person in the mpa.

4. Manually move into more populated XH block.

5. Try above process again>

6. Suddenly you're in a full mpa. what? :wacko: