TakemiShinnosuke
Aug 4, 2017, 11:08 AM
------

Tymek
Aug 4, 2017, 11:16 AM
?????

Anduril
Aug 4, 2017, 11:47 AM
If you are the type who doesn't enjoy or gets impatient about the long grind and RNG, then MMOs probably aren't the thing for you.

ashley50
Aug 4, 2017, 11:53 AM
You must be new here...

LancerFate
Aug 6, 2017, 06:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0IQXjktJXk
afk summoner can do it why you can't ? xD

Z-0
Aug 6, 2017, 06:19 AM
Phaleg is the best piece of the content in the game and they need to do more things like her. Learn her moveset and dodge everything, it's extremely fun to do and very satisfying to pull off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpgGcwN-4ZY

I fought her for the first time a couple of days ago and beating her (without something like Summoner cheese) was 10/10. It's basically a "don't get hit" quest, which you accomplish by learning the boss you are fighting and dodging/parrying/whatever at the right time. I don't know what the speedrun strats are and am not really interested, but actually try to learn how to fight her instead of just throwing attacks at her and she becomes a lot easier.

LancerFate
Aug 6, 2017, 07:11 AM
these quests have no drop if its too hard for you why do it ? try later when you get better
and my bet souls games is not your type ? they are stressful but it's also what makes them so fun

Kondibon
Aug 6, 2017, 07:34 AM
This type of content is of high quality ( best content so far ) but its so hard that it requires an expert to do so.. from how I see it .. a filthy causal cannot hope to clear it lol...That's the point? The game has had a severe lack of content for hardocre endgame players for a long time, so they added things like Phaleg and Solo PD (though people were already soloing normal PD) for players who want that kind of thing. If you aren't interested in that then I don't see why you can't do something else that you like more. I hate TD, but I'd never ask them to change it.

Mystil
Aug 6, 2017, 11:27 AM
I'm surprised this game is still being played.

Nitro Vordex
Aug 8, 2017, 09:23 PM
If you don't have time for MMO's, you probably shouldn't play MMO's.

That being said, do AQ's and EQ's to level. Bonus keys are a small possibility to just skip an AQ or two. You shouldn't rely on them to level.

Mystil
Aug 12, 2017, 05:48 AM
I've learned through experience in online games that have matchup systems, that the 'good' players stay away from matchups for the exact same reason in your post. That said - make friends with players you consider good if you want a smooth playing experience.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 02:26 PM
still looking for friends hehe.. meanwhile.. does sega know how to match people... who matches a 5x on 75 .. grade 3.. fuck this shit .. 2 matches lost.. thanks alot segaI don't think you should be blaming Sega for you being too bad at the game to at least defend one tower on your own. :I Even I could do that.

Kondibon
Aug 12, 2017, 03:08 PM
my bad.. sorry for the blame.. to be honest .. 2 towers were already and the 5x were dying over and over... -_- .. what say you

edit: 2 towers down for me is ok cause it happens.. my rant would be the 5x on 7x ... its an EQ not free field... so obviously its a no go -_-

if all were 7x - 80 and 2 towers were down its fine cause we have the damage rate to wipe them off the floor easy.. just regroup.. but with 5x especially 3 of them.. its game overEveryone's stats are brought to the minimum or maximum anyway. The latent on your weapon and your skill tree matter more than your level. Being 50 isn't going to be THAT bad, especially if they're Hero's who get all their important skills by level 30.

Mystil
Aug 13, 2017, 01:17 PM
still looking for friends hehe.. meanwhile.. does sega know how to match people... who matches a 5x on 75 .. grade 3.. fuck this shit .. 2 matches lost.. thanks alot sega

Eh can't blame Sega. The whole system became a thing because of the perception that it'd make grouping with people easier, than the ol' LFG system. But it just causes more segregation - Sega can't really control this.

Mystil
Oct 31, 2017, 02:30 AM
Err, it's been some 2 years since I last played, but it's generally been like that - you do your own thing.

Kondibon
Nov 19, 2017, 07:49 AM
seriously why do these idiots exist in the first place. ^^;You'd have to be to be playing PSO2.

Kondibon
Nov 19, 2017, 04:05 PM
I do not understand. Please enlightenI rest my case.

Flaoc
Nov 19, 2017, 06:51 PM
lol at op.. dying 3 times in buster quest is no one to blame except yourself and in the discords well lets face it you are never able to admit you are wrong because "muh playstyle is right fuck off you elitists" whenever someone proves you wrong (especially veterans) .. like holy shit dude learn to counter and stop relying on massive hunter ring and stop doing tmg only hero cause that shit is weak. seriously the only answer here is git gud and stop thinking you are always right. for phaleg and solo xq stuff (solo xq is a joke btw) once again only answer is to git gud by learning things.. did you know you can be a casual and still learn how things work? shocking i know.

the irony of everything is you calling people idiots.. ill let you figure that one out yourself

https://i.imgur.com/xrqVigY.png

Xaelouse
Nov 19, 2017, 07:40 PM
He's right though that every pso2 discord is bad

Flaoc
Nov 19, 2017, 07:49 PM
yes that happens to be the only thing he is correct on

isCasted
Nov 20, 2017, 10:58 AM
OP, you are bad at the game and you are complaining about the game being too hard. People on Discord have been trying to tell you how to get good so you could actually have fun with the game. You answered to all advice with "it's my preference", ignored all the evidence because you didn't care and now you're calling everyone idiots, not realizing that your own intellectual pattern falls exactly under that definition.

Here's a thing. People who design action games usually try to make rules in their games in a way so that properly following them would yield the strongest feeling of empowerment, and that's why these games feel fun. Now, PSO2 is not a perfect game, so sometimes optimal way is not the most fun. The problem is that you didn't even try to follow the rules. You didn't want to learn. You didn't want to acknowledge that you were wrong because your ego is so fragile. You spammed "shut up" in the chat like a 12-year old.

You are not omnipotent, you are not a center of the universe. You are a human being, so behave like a one. Grow up.

blkbox11
Nov 26, 2017, 01:53 PM
Maybe OP should try another game? I'm not saying this as in 'get out if you don't like it', but just look up other games that sound like they may be fun and give them a shot.

I personally felt burned out with PSO2 and my other online games recently and decided to try FFXIV about a month ago. Got all the way through Heavensward and Stormblood. Despite being a solid game that I'm sure must be heaven for hardcore FF fans, it ended up not being something I would enjoy playing continuously, because I realized that I prefer fast-paced action-based combat with a much less political and long-winded story.

So, even though FFXIV wasn't the experience I was personally looking for, it made me appreciate the games I had been playing before. There was nothing quite like the feeling of logging on as Hero in PSO2 after being stuck as the Warrior of Light for so long.

FantasyHeaven
Nov 26, 2017, 03:36 PM
Most people who play xiv just do it for the erp it seems, I can't understand how anyone could put up with that combat for long. That game is worth playing for the story and hearing the music and that's it. Pso2 is stale as fuck and does pretty much everything wrong to different degrees but at least the gameplay is still somewhat engaging (despite their best attempts to make it not so).

blkbox11
Nov 27, 2017, 03:31 AM
Most people who play xiv just do it for the erp it seems, I can't understand how anyone could put up with that combat for long. That game is worth playing for the story and hearing the music and that's it. Pso2 is stale as fuck and does pretty much everything wrong to different degrees but at least the gameplay is still somewhat engaging (despite their best attempts to make it not so).

I can think of a few reasons as to how, mainly the presence of the 'trinity' system that a lot of MMO gamers seem to be comfortable with. In PSO2, everyone except Te are expected to be full DPS, so most people are tested on the same set of skills, as opposed to different sets of skills based on roles that they may be more in-tune with. FFXIV is also more of a puzzle game than a combat game in endgame, and there are people who enjoy that instead of head-on combat while dodging and nullifying attacks with properly timed button presses.

Story wise, eh. It's... decent, but not without a number of flaws. For me, the length was the main issue, as I prefer shorter, but well-executed stories as opposed to ones that drag on for more than 50 hours while talking about moral ambiguity and politics. The fact that so much content is locked behind the story and sidequests made it much worse. Don't get me started on 2.1~2.55 which was all over the place but also mandatory to access HW. At least with PSO2, you can have minimal exposure to the story and still access relevant endgame EQs.

All that said, the music for FFXIV is indeed 10/10. PSO2, however, doesn't fall that far behind it, at least IMO.

Vatallus
Dec 6, 2017, 09:15 AM
Capitalism.

Moffen
Feb 25, 2018, 09:30 AM
Thats because the people who got them are posting because they got them,so obviously it seems like theres way more out there than there actually is. The rates have been buffed across the board though,with 14*s dropping in the hundreds for Mother and Dragon per weapon rather than maybe 30ish.

Dragon remains unchanged.