PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz...... WTF

Agito
Apr 30, 2003, 07:14 PM
I just beat Dark Falz on Hard (lol forgot that extra form was in hard) I thought the extra last form was only in vhard and ultimate. anyway i was in awe at last form that was on awesome fight.

But to the topic. WHY THE HELL... *breaths deeply* is dark falz so easy (excluding extra form that was kinda tough) I admit those stupid needles in the beggining pissed me off cuz you had to get more than like 2 or three in hard mode but his other forms are wayyyy to easy. anyone else agree

IceBlink
May 1, 2003, 03:59 AM
Probably when you fought Dark Falz, your character was twinked (dunno if that's the term for it).

Basically, you passed hand-me-downs from other characters to your character used to fight Falz, as well as a good mag, which made it too easy.

Or, your character was overlevelled for the fight (kinda like a level 40+ who keeps joining normal games... bleah).

Play Dark Falz on Ultimate before you reach level 90 and see what you think of Dark Falz then!

(note: no using obviously duped weapons either!)

SubstanceD
May 1, 2003, 12:56 PM
You thought Hard Dark Falz was easy. What Character were you using and what was your level?

The reason why I am asking is that I took on Hard Dark Falz for the first time ever about a week ago with my Lv. 59 Hucaseal and she got creamed, it wasn't that Falz was uber tough or anything just that I was ill pre-paried and could barely hit his final form. I took on Falz agian a couple of nights ago and managed to beat him with Destruction at Lv.64, although I did go through a couple of Scapedolls in the process. Despite my victory I would not call it an easy fight nor would I say that Hard Falz is a push over.

Edit: I did not properly read your post, I did not encounter any problem taking on Hard Dark Falz's first few forms, I think in the process I only used two Monomates so I guess you can say I found them to be relatively easy, his last form however made me use up all my Monomates and all my Diamates ( did not use my Trimates cause I was saving them for when I ran out of Scapedolls, if I had known that Falz was that close to dieing I would have used them rather than allow Falz to kill me and use up my Scapedolls. )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-05-01 11:03 ]</font>

Buuyon
May 1, 2003, 01:04 PM
Bah falz is easy on every lvl sept ult and sometimes vhard...unless your a Fo...then the only thing thats hard is ult...

Sheik1
May 1, 2003, 10:27 PM
Well, I just finished off Falz off line in UTL mode. He killed me once on the third form becuase he froze me and sent some darvants after me...that killed me off.

His second form took the longest, but I totally owned his last form with my FOnewearl. Force characters just have to FOIE the socks off of him...he is quite easy for force characters in any mode as long as you can take his grants and swipe attacks. I had no problem as a lv 121 FOnewearl. Only used one scape doll on his third form...I am counting the darvant field as the first form.

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 11:29 PM
The First time I fought dark falz, ill admit I got my ass kicked. I was really over-confident, and ill-prepared for the fight. I didnt realize he could cast a spell on me to knock me down, and then, before I could even get up, blast me a second time.. Effectively sending me back to Pioneer 2 with a foot up my ass.

But after that initial meeting, Dark Falz was easy.
The key to fighting DF, or any boss for that matter, is to be prepared. His (or i should say her, shouldnt I, since its really just R3.) first two forms are pushovers, once you get the hang of it.

The Third form can be tricky, because she hits you with grants, and that spell will rock you if your not wearing saint gear. - So your best bet, in my opinion, Is to suit up in SaintGear before the fight, and heal often.

Not much else to say.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Barubary6
May 2, 2003, 04:55 PM
Dark Falz is female...

-- Barubary

IceBlink
May 2, 2003, 05:03 PM
On 2003-05-02 14:55, Barubary6 wrote:
Dark Falz is female...

-- Barubary

That's what I've been telling people since v1, but nobody believed me. ;_;

Dangit people, pause levelling and read the storylines for once! XD

Getintothegame
May 2, 2003, 05:13 PM
On 2003-05-02 15:03, IceBlink wrote:

Dark Falz is female...

-- Barubary

That's what I've been telling people since v1, but nobody believed me. ;_;

Dangit people, pause levelling and read the storylines for once! XD

I was thinking that since v.1. 'Red Ring' Rico was posessed by DF, So that made it female?

Davka
May 2, 2003, 05:29 PM
yeah try getting passed those damn darvants and the rabarta on ultimate =/. Not easy until you're in the 100s.

RanciD
May 2, 2003, 05:49 PM
I beat Dark Falz in Hard at level 40ish.. piece of cake. I'm level 57 now and in Ruins on Very Hard.. hopefully Falz will be that easy again. I must admit though, his third form is incredibly annoying because there's such a small window of time to hit him. I ended up doing the extra attack on my Musashis so I could just kill him in two attacks.

I'm a HUnewearl with no hand-me-downs by the way.. this is only my second character on GC PSO and my other character is only level 28. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyone got tips to beat Falz in Very Hard? I absolutely destroyed Vol Opt.. will Falz be much harder than he was in Hard?

klepto
May 2, 2003, 07:35 PM
LOL, If you have a mechgun (any type) with VH Vol Opt, it whoops him. I finished him in 6 minutes, with my vulcans as a Humar.

Small_Guy
May 2, 2003, 07:40 PM
Ya i can barley kill dark falz on hard with my lvl 70 FOneweral. Mind you it's xbox, and theres not many good items to trade for so...

Nai_Calus
May 2, 2003, 08:37 PM
...What is with all you people having trouble with Hard and VHard Falz? I've used up exactly one Scape Doll fighting him, and that was my own fault for screwing up. Just keep up with him, heal when you're not at full health, run away when necessary, and don't be a wimp about attacking even during the little soul-sucking thing. Unless you can't take your own attacks, in which case you -should- hold off... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;; (That's how I died. Falz started doing it just as I used a PB to get it out of the way. Ouch. Taking your own Pilla is not fun. XD) I forget what I was on Hard Falz. Probably 40-something. I was L59 going into VHard Falz, since I hit 60 off of that battle... Now I'm busy getting creamed in one hit by Dal Ra Lie. XD Man, that hurts my pride. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Well, it's been 3 levels since my last attempt, maybe I could survive the rocks and crits from his tentacles now. Then again, I am only L68. *shrug*

But yeah. Falz == Pushover.

CyntalanMaelstrom
May 3, 2003, 12:21 AM
Question: How does a RAcaseal beat him on Hard? I mean, sure, you can survive everything without worry, but with at best 30 healing items that are worth note, how does one have the stamina to face him? I mean, I'm L51, and by final form, I was out.

ophiel
May 3, 2003, 12:41 AM
On 2003-05-02 22:21, CyntalanMaelstrom wrote:
Question: How does a RAcaseal beat him on Hard? I mean, sure, you can survive everything without worry, but with at best 30 healing items that are worth note, how does one have the stamina to face him? I mean, I'm L51, and by final form, I was out.

Ill tell you my strategy. Im a fomar, but I only use my spells for healing/shifta/deband, my mechguns do far more damage than my spells. - So I think if you use my strategy, youd do far better than I, since your better with guns and have higher Defense/HP. - Although, You cant heal using resta since your an andriod.. But thats ok. No biggie.

Ok first form.
When the little darvos things pop up, blast as many as you can, Truthfully, this is where i whip out a spell or two, but you could do just as well with your guns.

When he finally manifests, just charge him, get as close to him as you possibly can, and blast away at the dragon heads on his sides. Dont worry about the minions they shoot out, their basically harmless. Just concentrate all firepower on the heads.

He should drop really fast.
Second form is easy too, just bear with me. You shouldnt have had to heal that much during the first battle with the first form, so you should still be good at this point.

Just follow him as closely as you can when hes travelling around the outter ring, and when he stops, stand just right/left of his center and Blast away at him. When he lifts up, hell drop down and blast you back, but since your to the side a little, it shouldnt be too hard to dodge.

Rinse and repeat until the third form.
Now, Hes going to cast grants on you, so youll want to get as many resist/light items as you can. The bigger the better. PACK them onto your armor because that spell can drop you in one hit.

You wont have much of an opportunity to hit him, because hell be moving around so much, and your going to have to sacrifice yourself here and there in order to get a shot in. Just heal quickly and often, and you should be ok.

Dont know what else to say except good luck. Tell us how it goes!

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 68 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

silvermax
May 3, 2003, 12:53 AM
DF is only hard if you dont have the hp to take his hits, talk about skin of the teeth, when i took on V-hard DF, at lvl 58 with my Ramarl, i could barly take grants stand up resta, and get Bitch slaped down to 2 Hp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif,

Advice for fighting him, HAVE A GUN, with high Dark % and maybe some hit? use it on his last form,

if your an android, and you waste all your healing agents before his last form,you must be heal happy, with droids you gota learn to gauge how many smacks you can take before you use your healing items
EXAMPLE: you can take 3 hits at the most, so after the 3rd hit, heal
just started a Hucaseal, man im so used to resta, that i burn all my mates in about 3 mins and its back to town,

CyntalanMaelstrom
May 3, 2003, 01:38 AM
On 2003-05-02 22:53, silvermax wrote:
DF is only hard if you dont have the hp to take his hits, talk about skin of the teeth, when i took on V-hard DF, at lvl 58 with my Ramarl, i could barly take grants stand up resta, and get Bitch slaped down to 2 Hp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif,

Advice for fighting him, HAVE A GUN, with high Dark % and maybe some hit? use it on his last form,

if your an android, and you waste all your healing agents before his last form,you must be heal happy, with droids you gota learn to gauge how many smacks you can take before you use your healing items
EXAMPLE: you can take 3 hits at the most, so after the 3rd hit, heal
just started a Hucaseal, man im so used to resta, that i burn all my mates in about 3 mins and its back to town,

My problem seems to lie in the fact that I cannot deal enough damage. I'm not heal happy in the least, it's just that he took so long to kill, eventually he wore me down. I'm pretty sure if I could get in w/ 10 Tris and a few Dis, I could do it. But the last time I tried, I went to form 4, and was left w/ 6 Tris. Needless to say, I didn't really get very far.

silvermax
May 3, 2003, 02:34 AM
so u just cant get in enough damage... hmmm

more pow to your mag is all i can say

EsperJ
May 3, 2003, 03:46 AM
Beating the game off with a RAcaseal is tough, but it just takes a matter of time. With there low atp and defense ( and poor hp to boot) it makes boss battles really tough- IMO they're prolly the hardcest class to solo. But they're also one of my favourites.

If you can withstand the attacks, find some slots that'll bump up your atp (orge powers ++ etc) or alternatively make sure your ata is high and use the best gun you have, preferrably with % Dark.

The problem i had with my RAcaseal, back on v1, was that i would be doing fine against a boss (albiet slow) though I'd just run out of heals. The same aplied with my HUcaseal, though to a lesser extent.

Find a pair of L+K combats and you'll be laughing ^ ^

Agito
May 3, 2003, 07:10 PM
On 2003-05-01 01:59, IceBlink wrote:
Probably when you fought Dark Falz, your character was twinked (dunno if that's the term for it).

Basically, you passed hand-me-downs from other characters to your character used to fight Falz, as well as a good mag, which made it too easy.

Or, your character was overlevelled for the fight (kinda like a level 40+ who keeps joining normal games... bleah).

Play Dark Falz on Ultimate before you reach level 90 and see what you think of Dark Falz then!

(note: no using obviously duped weapons either!)

uhhh bad assumption mostly on your part I had no hand me downs (how do you do that anyway) and i only had varuna hahahaha i admit i might have been over leveled maybe (level 35) BUT he only made me use 7 dimates and 10 monomates im a droid

Oh and before i forget. I said Falz is a pushover EXCLUDING THE EXTRA LAST FORM. He made me use the rest of my heal stuff (i had only used 3 dimates in previous forms) I was ill prepared for final form also hehe i decided to put my raygun in bank and my mech guns didn't have quite enough range when he moved around the center of the sky donut thingy.

Agito
May 3, 2003, 07:12 PM
I think in the process I only used two Monomates

haha damn i didn't mean the frst forms were THAt easy lol you must be good.i ised 3 di's

Agito
May 3, 2003, 07:15 PM
Dark Falz is female...

-- Barubary

IMHO Dark Falz is neither male opr female sure the body he possesed was female but in the end i think it was just some beast.

Agito
May 3, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-05-02 17:35, klepto wrote:
LOL, If you have a mechgun (any type) with VH Vol Opt, it whoops him. I finished him in 6 minutes, with my vulcans as a Humar.

hehe but try not to only use mechs because he always moves around to the opposite end of the circle in the extra last form. atleast it happened to me i didn't keep m,y raygun with me so my mechs were unable to hit hi sometimes due to range issues.

Agito
May 3, 2003, 07:24 PM
On 2003-05-02 18:37, Ian-KunX wrote:
...What is with all you people having trouble with Hard and VHard Falz? I've used up exactly one Scape Doll fighting him, and that was my own fault for screwing up. Just keep up with him, heal when you're not at full health, run away when necessary, and don't be a wimp about attacking even during the little soul-sucking thing. Unless you can't take your own attacks, in which case you -should- hold off... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;; (That's how I died. Falz started doing it just as I used a PB to get it out of the way. Ouch. Taking your own Pilla is not fun. XD) I forget what I was on Hard Falz. Probably 40-something. I was L59 going into VHard Falz, since I hit 60 off of that battle... Now I'm busy getting creamed in one hit by Dal Ra Lie. XD Man, that hurts my pride. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Well, it's been 3 levels since my last attempt, maybe I could survive the rocks and crits from his tentacles now. Then again, I am only L68. *shrug*

But yeah. Falz == Pushover.

hahahahahaa ROFLMAO about pilla and soul steal lol it happened a lil differently for me. he was too far to use pilla for me so i relied on Golla http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif so i hit him ... right when he went invincible. *sighh*

quite a coincidence because i used exactly one scape doll also. lol as a HUcast i had just run out of dimate and trimates, so i had two monomates left for some reason i used em both for a SMALL bonus. i survived a smack by him with 6 HP. thats when i just sat down and waited for grants after dodging blue balls (arent they easy to dodge) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Joko
May 3, 2003, 07:43 PM
wow guys i just saw red ring rico with my guild team after faltz. Now if that doesnt prevoke that deep anger inside to kill rappies then i dont know what does. Id suggest you do it now.right now. Its really cool, like something youd see out of TLOZ majoras mask at the moon tree.

Raziel_Kai
May 4, 2003, 08:14 AM
Dark Falz is a pushover until you get to the final form (in Hard and up)... I usually only use two Monomates during the other forms... when I get to his final form, that's where I burn healing items like no tomorrow...
You could blame my 75% vs Dark Raygun... and my overeagerness to hit Falz when he steals my soul...
*ouch*

Nai_Calus
May 4, 2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I almost nuked myself once playing multimode with my boyfriend and his brother shooting Falz during that crap. Then again, it -was- only on Hard, and I -was- L64... Ahh, the joys of babysitting FOmarls and HUcaseals who can't take Grants yet. It was funny, though. *shoot shoot sh-* "Whoa, crap, heal." The BF's brother started to try to rag on me for it, at which point I happily pointed out that he'd been dead for a while after I ran out of Moon Atomizers. :-P
At least I managed not to nuke myself with my own PB that time... ^^;
But yeah. Falz == Gun, running, healing constantly unless you're retardedly overlevelled, Scape Doll in case of screw-ups, patience.

M_BlackHawk
May 5, 2003, 09:05 AM
you think Dark Falz is tough? I've fought Falz on normal and hard already with my lvl 53 HUnny, and owned her each time.

The toughest boss in the game has to be Olga Flow. I've fought that bastard about 8 times on normal with that same lvl 53 HUnny, and each time, I've been sent back to Pioneer 2 with a boot up my ass. Dark Falz has nothing compared to Olga's 1 hit kill attack.

later

M_BlackHawk

Agito
May 12, 2003, 05:00 PM
On 2003-05-05 07:05, M_BlackHawk wrote:
you think Dark Falz is tough? I've fought Falz on normal and hard already with my lvl 53 HUnny, and owned her each time.

The toughest boss in the game has to be Olga Flow. I've fought that bastard about 8 times on normal with that same lvl 53 HUnny, and each time, I've been sent back to Pioneer 2 with a boot up my ass. Dark Falz has nothing compared to Olga's 1 hit kill attack.

later

M_BlackHawk

thats kinda overleveled eh? and you should brag about it i beat regular Falz at 34 and hard falz at 48... so... you see where im going with this?