PDA

View Full Version : many characters, am i only one?

DRAGONxNOGARD
Sep 1, 2017, 07:06 AM
3 accounts

9 characters

isnt pointless have so much characters?

AC dont want allow me 9 characters on one account so RiP shared storage / LAs / SG items...

AirinMikune
Sep 1, 2017, 07:31 AM
As an opposite of you, it always baffles me how people have so much characters, even in other games I played, aren't you bored with basically playing the game over and over again from the start with each character you make?

Every time I play a new game, I research everything thoroughly and play the class I think I may like/and is OP and stick to that one character.

PSO2 for me is really God send as you can swtich to any char as you like making it less of a merit to own several characters.

I do get the extra TACO/EQ run, but the amount you will be spending with each character I think isn't worth it.

There is also that min/max peeps who squeeze the last stat boost they can via race stat difference.

I am really curious to hear why people have multiple characters.

Masu
Sep 1, 2017, 07:45 AM
*snip*

I am really curious to hear why people have multiple characters.

I have 3 characters(only), because I chose the fremium and no AC road and as I wanted to play each atk type of character and that you are allowed to have only one mag this way, choice was easily done. Also it helps for storage , also it helps (a lot) for mesetas with TA. Considering you can do every TA once you have lvl50 licence and that TA don't require crazy gear to be done, it would be kind of a waste not to use additional characters as mule for storage and earning more mesetas for your main :-?

otakun
Sep 1, 2017, 07:54 AM
I have 11 characters on one account. 3 I mainly focus with, 8 I use for tacos/xqs and the rest for Rodos and other DOs. I prefer to have characters with a focus, not constantly switching classes. I like having a character with a look that fits their class and spec. Its easier to keep up with them when unemployed but now with a job I just focus on the main 3.

Evangelion X.XX
Sep 1, 2017, 07:58 AM
Some people have multiple characters across several ships to farm for stones/fuses/collection files and then pool them toward a "true" main on a certain ship. Other times, accessories/tickets are cheaper on a particular ship will be bought and then transfered over to another.

But yeah, the main reason I use multiple characters are for extra character storage, TACOs, and gathering for skill rings, and these extra characters bascially do the "dirty" work for a "true" main.

Kiyumi
Sep 1, 2017, 08:02 AM
I really dont understand how anyone can properly use more than one character. I dont even have enough time to do everything I want on my one character, with all the daily quests to run, featured quests to run, CFs to farm, EQs, Buster quests, leveling off classes. And of course story mode/matter board (I still havent had time to complete those and get all the items). Farming AQs or XQs for $? Forget about it. And this was during my break, when I played like 24 hours a day. Now back to work? Who has time for all this?

ZerotakerZX
Sep 1, 2017, 08:31 AM
Not the only one, but all of you are crazy.

ralf542
Sep 1, 2017, 09:09 AM
As an opposite of you, it always baffles me how people have so much characters, even in other games I played, aren't you bored with basically playing the game over and over again from the start with each character you make?

There are people who pay $$$ to change their characters look like 3 times/day. I rather buy character slots from that money and never change things that cost $$$.

Masu
Sep 1, 2017, 09:19 AM
I really dont understand how anyone can properly use more than one character. I dont even have enough time to do everything I want on my one character, with all the daily quests to run, featured quests to run, CFs to farm, EQs, Buster quests, leveling off classes. And of course story mode/matter board (I still havent had time to complete those and get all the items). Farming AQs or XQs for $? Forget about it. And this was during my break, when I played like 24 hours a day. Now back to work? Who has time for all this?

Just a matter of scheduling/prioritize stuff right I guess. Also dailies are super fast to do even with multiple characters...cept the 5runs buster quests. Couldn't complete it 3 times before weekly dailies rotation was there :/

SteveCZ
Sep 1, 2017, 09:34 AM
I play around 1 hour a day, everyday, if I'm not home late. Up to 3 hours on weekend or hype days, but barely.
PvP was the one that took my soul back then for a few weeks in total, but then I stopped.

I had 7 characters. Now I have 14 since Hero came out.

I don't farm AQs for $$$ but TAXQ for $$$, each char can take 17 minutes from login to logout, Hero lv 50.
Was 25 minutes with Fo/Te 75/49 before.

Soo.. yeah based on that I still got 40 - 43 minutes to do whatever I want, including leveling up, joining EQ, fashion, DO, and whatevs, a day, per character.
Sometimes I use this remaining 40 - 43 minutes to do gathering with all characters.

A little note, I barely login with more than 2 - 3 characters a day and I don't do multi accounts and multi ships.

Leveling is something you do one time. You separate those minutes and eventually you'll get to the top level. Just got to be patience and pick the right quests/EQs, especially when there's this buster quest that can be done like.. 7 - 8 minutes per run with pug? I don't remember.

Oh I forgot to say, my main character is only 1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TheSeunger
Sep 1, 2017, 10:01 AM
I have 20 characters on my account. Running all of them as Hero class and having some form of optimized equipment, TA, XQ's, Rodos and whatever takes a few minutes for each character with a bare minimum of Lv.50. But there are times I do end up getting lazy to get some of these stuff done. But in the end, I'm fairly content with the amount of characters I have.

Also, I would heavily discourage having multiple accounts. That's more money down the drain if you plan to buy AC for all of them. Don't make the same mistake as I did in the past. It's not worth it.

IchijinKali
Sep 1, 2017, 10:05 AM
4 characters on one account all on the same ship. Can barely manage them all as only a few weeks ago did I finally get the last one to 80/80 because of neglect. I had gotten Hero on my main to 80 BEFORE that last character got to 80/80.

Reason for the multiple characters is just that multiple characters to play as so I'm not creatively restricted on their appearances. First created was a male CAST keeping my tradition for Phantasy Star games that let you create a character and I made him take on a support role, TERA, in a sort of remembrance of playing Guntecher in PSU online.

Second character female Deuman since I've had a habit of creating a female character in games lately, I can probably thank Saints Row 2 or Dragon's Dogma for that, because lack of strong females in stories was pissing me off and I went with katana Braver for her because not a fan of SLOW swords.

Third female CAST my male CAST was doing support with guns so I wanted her to utilize guns in a more attack fashion. Initially Gunner but even before the nerfs I hated TMGs, still do even on Hero, so I made her a Ranger.

Fourth character was made when Bouncer was released and he was going to play it just because two swords, made him a Newman. He is also the one I neglect the most since I'm not much of a fan of maintaining a rainbow set of DBs gets annoying/tiring.

After all that I ended up neglecting only one option in terms of Gender/Race, Male Deuman. Ended up having two Male Newmans, Female CAST's support partner is a Male Newman.

Mattykins
Sep 1, 2017, 10:27 AM
Starting over on a new char is so easy these days that the process of "starting over" with a new char is so trivial that it barely phases me. Pop a few EXP tickets, do a few nerfed-to-hell COs, unlock the areas, and boom.

I have 8 chars. Wanted so many for max TA sets and reset passes, but I don't TA as much as I used to soo yeah

sonisei
Sep 1, 2017, 12:16 PM
three chars for meseta and phasion :wacko:

Moffen
Sep 1, 2017, 12:29 PM
I have 17 (or 18 ) chars and im levelling them up all on the side when im not busy just for TA/Daily money.
Hero makes this easier to do bc only need to level up 1 class.

More money,better affixes for my main,less gamble whaling on scratch.

Layete
Sep 1, 2017, 01:18 PM
I have 5 characters total, all on one ship. Two male newmans, two male casts, and one female cast.

I usually spend most of my time on my "main", but I do sometimes spend a chunk of time playing on the others when I feel like it. I don't have a whole lot of time because of work, so there are some weeks where I don't have time to do DOs on the others but I at least try to do the weekly stuff.

I didn't start making other characters until about 600 hours in on my first one. The vast majority of my other characters are used for TAs/XQs, or if I just feel like playing on a character that looks and sounds different. I had originally made each one to stick to a certain class but they're pretty much all Heroes now (for now, as that helps me clear the weekly stuff faster).

AirinMikune
Sep 1, 2017, 03:07 PM
I haven't done TACO for like 4 years now, it is so tedious and boring as hell, I am even bothered to do it now that it is just once a week, I can't really imagine back in the day where TACO is daily and people run it with multiple chars.

RadiantLegend
Sep 1, 2017, 03:11 PM
I have 3 characters and that's enough for me. Too many duties to have time for more. I can easily make 15+ male cast characters should I go crazy.